It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Let's take turns, asking all the right questions!

<span class="bold">Divinity: Original Sin 2</span>, the sequel to one of the most beloved RPGs in recent years, is coming soon, DRM-free on GOG.com! The good people of Larian Studios will be joining us in person to celebrate the occasion, and they've agreed to answer your most Sin-ful questions regarding the long-awaited epic.

The first <span class="bold">Divinity: Original Sin</span> sure made a big splash in the RPG community, with its inventive use of turn-based tactics and impressive attention to detail. Two years later, its sequel is about to raise the bar even further, as Larian Studios are committed to improving and expanding all of the original's celebrated features in meaningful and highly ambitious ways. Aside from the complex origin stories and the rich character creation options, expect even more engaging turn-based combat, smarter NPC A.I., and extended player freedom. And of course, get ready to meet Eithne, the enigmatic, scroll-selling NPC that the GOG community helped design back in April!

Do you want to know more about <span class="bold">Divinity: Original Sin 2</span> and its fast-approaching entry into our Games in Development program? Now is the time to ask! Post your questions below until Monday, October 24th, and Larian Studios will answer the most intriguing ones alongside the game's arrival, coming soon on GOG.com.
MaximumBunny: So Larian, have you considered making a PvP mode? You could have competitive maps, tower defense modes, and board game style things. Just don't forget to make it cross-play between GOG and Steam (p2p maybe?).
DoS2 WILL have a PvP Arena mode. See for example the information here
Are the teleport-like abilities going to be as useful as in the first?

It never got old using teleport on enemies making them die quickly because of environment, using the environment to your tactical advantage or to access items. When I played you could even use it against most bosses something I heavily appreciated, I can't stand immunities (exception: a fire elemental should of course be immune against fire, no question).
I have 3 questions:

1. When can we play this on GOG?

2. When can we play this on GOG?!

3. When can we play this on GOG?!!!!!!
Mad3: I play the alpha on steam (sorry, I could not wait) and here are some answers:

- Right now you can play the main game in single or multi player and you can play arena mode with pre generated chars.
Thanks for the info.
Can you play the arena mode single player? The combat is definitely the strong point of D:OS so it would be nice to just be able to play random battles...
Multiplayer Question:

- Will D: OS 2 have the same LAN / Direct IP multiplayer option as in D: OS 1?
Does this game have a more serious tone than the last one? All the childish jokes about dirty panties and cats licking themselves really put me off the first game.
single player mdoe i.e, Those of us that don't give a shit about pvp have any point to getting this game or is it just tacked on with sticky tape?

how many tactics allowed per class, is it rock , paper etc combat system for pvp?
ussnorway: single player mdoe i.e, Those of us that don't give a shit about pvp have any point to getting this game or is it just tacked on with sticky tape?
It's actually the multiplayer and pvp that are extra options (and in no way required to play/enjoy this game). The whole basis of the game is still single-player, just like Divinity: Original Sin. The game has a huge single-player story that you can play through with your own character (generated/selected at startup), and you can recruit upto 3 npc companions to your party (each with their own detailed origin stories and their own twists and turns to the story). And due to the different origin stories and different choices you can make during the game, it has a very large replayability factor. So yes, single player mode is huge.

See for example this PC World preview
Post edited October 22, 2016 by RPGOracle
Hi, I have a little question =P Italian will add in future like was for first ? If it's expencive you can do like developper of Deponia that make an Indiegogo for let's italians players pay for the translation *.* Thank you so much for your work I loved Divinity Original Sin <3
Post edited October 22, 2016 by Gabriel697433
Will the cat be able to trasform into human?
Ganni1987: Multiplayer Question:

- Will D: OS 2 have the same LAN / Direct IP multiplayer option as in D: OS 1?
I'd like to know this as well, the connection was wonderfully simple in the first game (if unstable).
I really hope it's not going to require Galaxy.
In the first game, I really love the combat, spells, opponents, graphics and soundtrack, but I also noticed several things that could be improved upon:

The writing is often extremely flowery, stuffed with adjectives and full of redundant or useless information, and the abundance of longwinded NPC dialogues really gets in the way of co-op play, especially since the co-op partner is hardly ever directly involved in them - only one PC makes the choices and the other one just has to sit still and listen or read, which isn't all that easy either since the text display always shifts to some point way above whenever a new paragraph is added, so you constantly have to scroll back down manually to read it. The passive party always misses the voiceovers of the first paragraph, and on some occasions (e.g. conversations triggered by objects), they can't directly listen in and have to read the log instead. And when there's a paper-scissor-stone battle between Player One and an NPC, Player Two doesn't even get to watch it. All in all, considering that the co-op mode was promoted that heavily, I expected it to be a lot more polished in the Enhanced Edition. Will these issues be addressed in Original Sin 2? Will there be more PC to PC interaction and less long Player One to NPC conversations?

Will there be more quickslots, ideally more of them displayed on the screen at the same time (e.g. 15-20 instead of 10)? At a resolution of 1680*1050 there's a lot of unused space at the bottom of the screen, and I'd prefer having a better overview of my available combat skills instead of having to click through different tabs all the time. EDIT: Judging by the GOG screenshots, it seems there will be more quicklslots, actually. Great!

I also felt the camera was always a bit too close to the PCs to get a good orientation. Will Original Sin 2 use the same camera restrictions or will it be possible to zoom out a little more?

Who will step in the footsteps of the late great Kirill Pokrovsky and compose the soundtrack for Original Sin 2? EDIT: Already answered, thanks to RPGOracle and Kickstarter page!

Thanks for listening!
Post edited October 24, 2016 by Leroux
Leroux: Who will step in the footsteps of the late great Kirill Pokrovsky and compose the soundtrack for Original Sin 2?
Borislav 'Bobby' Slavov
Leroux: Who will step in the footsteps of the late great Kirill Pokrovsky and compose the soundtrack for Original Sin 2?
RPGOracle: Borislav 'Bobby' Slavov
Thanks!
so a ps4 port possible later on?