It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Let's take turns, asking all the right questions!

<span class="bold">Divinity: Original Sin 2</span>, the sequel to one of the most beloved RPGs in recent years, is coming soon, DRM-free on GOG.com! The good people of Larian Studios will be joining us in person to celebrate the occasion, and they've agreed to answer your most Sin-ful questions regarding the long-awaited epic.

The first <span class="bold">Divinity: Original Sin</span> sure made a big splash in the RPG community, with its inventive use of turn-based tactics and impressive attention to detail. Two years later, its sequel is about to raise the bar even further, as Larian Studios are committed to improving and expanding all of the original's celebrated features in meaningful and highly ambitious ways. Aside from the complex origin stories and the rich character creation options, expect even more engaging turn-based combat, smarter NPC A.I., and extended player freedom. And of course, get ready to meet Eithne, the enigmatic, scroll-selling NPC that the GOG community helped design back in April!

Do you want to know more about <span class="bold">Divinity: Original Sin 2</span> and its fast-approaching entry into our Games in Development program? Now is the time to ask! Post your questions below until Monday, October 24th, and Larian Studios will answer the most intriguing ones alongside the game's arrival, coming soon on GOG.com.
Green_Hilltop: I'd like to know why did you decide to have sexist female armours in this game when DOS1 didn't have them as bad? I understand it with the older 90s games like Divine Divinity, but why did you take out the option to look badass for female warriors, mages and other characters, even when it was more possible in DOS1 and people were annoyed about the sexualization of the female armour with the first game so much you changed it, and now you're going back to sexist designs again?

I'm very disappointed about that since I always enjoy playing in cool looking armours and robes, and now I have to pick a guy as the female clothes make me look very uncomfortable and realistic, while the male ones get all the fun stuff.

So I'd honestly like to know why does the game have much more sexist female armour than DOS1 has and practically no badass armour options for women. Thank you!
Lodium: Incomming rant:
Personally, playing as a male character left me feeling pumped up on steriods.
The male charecters didnt feel natural at all since there arent that many people in such a good shape in the real world.

I dont understand why people need to focus and complain about how charecters look in a videogame
it just fiction, deal with it, unless its a bug or something along these lines.
Shoud we start cencoring books because some people are offended by some words as well?

Rant over.

The imagination of creators can not be restricted or hindered by arbitary demmands and rules
Let the creators create what they want.
Different games allow customization of the charachter - it helps with the getting into the role thingie in an RPG.
And come on, even though some do not care about an avatar looks, do we really all want to look like the charachters in Grim Dawn? (i love the game, however the female char options -- little to none - look so fugly and not appealing at all -- so little effort yet the rest of the game is awesome)
Lodium: Incomming rant:
Personally, playing as a male character left me feeling pumped up on steriods.
The male charecters didnt feel natural at all since there arent that many people in such a good shape in the real world.

I dont understand why people need to focus and complain about how charecters look in a videogame
it just fiction, deal with it, unless its a bug or something along these lines.
Shoud we start cencoring books because some people are offended by some words as well?

Rant over.

The imagination of creators can not be restricted or hindered by arbitary demmands and rules
Niggles: Different games allow customization of the charachter - it helps with the getting into the role thingie in an RPG.
And come on, even though some do not care about an avatar looks, do we really all want to look like the charachters in Grim Dawn? (i love the game, however the female char options -- little to none - look so fugly and not appealing at all -- so little effort yet the rest of the game is awesome)
If im going to play as legolas in a ring of the lords game, im sure as hell not gonna customize my looks
woud ruin the whole game for me as im playing a role not made by me.
Dont get me wrong, I like customization as any other guy, but i like variety in games even more.
The characthers in this DOS2 game have some backstory as i have understood it so its not a complete role made by me.
Post edited October 23, 2016 by Lodium
What is the ETA of the Linux version of Divinity: Original Sin 2?
shmerl: What is the ETA of the Linux version of Divinity: Original Sin 2?
See my reply earlier in this thread
shmerl: What is the ETA of the Linux version of Divinity: Original Sin 2?
RPGOracle: See my reply earlier in this thread
It doesn't answer my question. I'm asking about estimation of when they'll release it, not about if they'll release it or not. They already said they will.
Post edited October 23, 2016 by shmerl
shmerl: It doesn't answer my question. I'm asking about estimation of when they'll release it, not about if they'll release it or not. They already said they will.
It *does* answer your question. They said they would start working on versions for other platforms AFTER the PC version is finished. As they don't even have a release date for the PC version yet, this means they won't know when the Linux version will be finished.
shmerl: It doesn't answer my question. I'm asking about estimation of when they'll release it, not about if they'll release it or not. They already said they will.
RPGOracle: It *does* answer your question. They said they would start working on versions for other platforms AFTER the PC version is finished. As they don't even have a release date for the PC version yet, this means they won't know when the Linux version will be finished.
Estimation means estimation, if you missed that point. They can estimate the effort and say it can take N months / years etc. after release X and so on.

Regardless, I'm asking it from developers, so why are you trying to answer it for them, without actually providing any answer? If they think they can't estimate that, they'll say it.
Post edited October 23, 2016 by shmerl
shmerl: Estimation means estimation, if you missed that point. They can estimate the effort and say it can take N months / years etc. after release X and so on.
if that's the kind of reply you want, then maybe you should ask a more specific question in that regard. Otherwise you may be disappointed by their answer. Even in regard to the PC version, the only thing they have officially said so far is "2017".

shmerl: Regardless, I'm asking it from developers, so why are you trying to answer it for them, without actually providing any answer? If they think they can't estimate that, they'll say it.
Quite a few people are asking questions here that have already been answered by Larian, on their Kickstarter page or on their official DoS2 forum (even if their answer may not be the kind of answer you're hoping for). I just want to help to separate those questions from the questions that have not been asked yet, and that could really contribute anything, as I believe that benefits everyone.
RPGOracle: Quite a few people are asking questions here that have already been answered by Larian, on their Kickstarter page or on their official DoS2 forum (even if their answer may not be the kind of answer you're hoping for).
I never saw them estimating how long working on the Linux version can take. I only saw that they said they plan it. But of course I could miss it easily. So there is no issue in asking it again here. They can always point to their previous answers.
Lodium:
player2024:
You two already seem to know what Green_Hilltop was talking about without those clarifications I asked for, so maybe you could point me to some screenhots or something? I didn't think it was all that clear.

Lodium: The imagination of creators can not be restricted or hindered by arbitary demmands and rules
This doesn't make much sense to me in reply to Green_Hilltop's post, since this is about potential customers getting in touch with the creators and asking about their creation. Of course they are free to create what they want, but customers are free to ask questions about it and then decide whether they would want to buy it or not based on the answers just as well. I's not about customers making demands but customers stating their preferences, which is relevant to someone trying to sell a product.

I think Larian might be especially interested in this particular aspect, too, judging by this blog article. Not necessarily to change anything about their creation but to try and understand their audience.
Post edited October 23, 2016 by Leroux
player2024:
Leroux: You two already seem to know what Green_Hilltop was talking about without those clarifications I asked for, so maybe you could point me to some screenhots or something? I didn't think it was all that clear.

Lodium: The imagination of creators can not be restricted or hindered by arbitary demmands and rules
Leroux: This doesn't make much sense to me in reply to Green_Hilltop's post, since this is about potential customers getting in touch with the creators and asking about their creation. Of course they are free to create what they want, but customers are free to ask questions about it and then decide whether they would want to buy it or not based on the answers just as well. I's not about customers making demands but customers stating their preferences, which is relevant to someone trying to sell a product.

I think Larian might be especially interested in this particular aspect, too, judging by this blog article. Not necessarily to change anything about their creation but to try and understand their audience.
I havent played the Early Access that much yet, only tested it a few minutes so cant really give you the answer on that.
The question seamed more like a complaint rather than a question.
Though i had bit of bad day so maybe i understood his question in another way what he meant..
How much cheese would I have to accumulate to become the man of many cheeses? (I need more friends)
Ok, Im a hoarder and a powergamer.
3 things that annoyed me in Divinity 1 is the following:

1. The magic item system. Since my middle name is munchkin, I want the best. That involves running around to all the merchants each level up just to get maybe 1 thing a little bit better (oooooohh so tedious, but I just cant help it). I would actually prefer this to be removed. Let the merchants/chests have a fixed lvl of items, all spawned from a numeric value that is fixed when you start the game. That way you will allways find the same thing at the same merchant (a bit as in the BG and other Black Isle games).

2. Another thing is the unique items. Many of them spawn randomly and when found your character allready has better items. You end up selling items that is in some way a crucial part of the game.

3. The level dependent crafting system. That actually (at least ofr us munchkins) makes a pit in my stomach to create for example "Sword of the Planets" when I know that it can be better if created at higher level. Let things, especially the unique items, be a fixed level and not dependent on the character level.

So, my question is this. Will this change in Divinity 2? Sorry to say, but to me its kind of a deal breaker (I know, Im a munchkin). I much prefer the BG way of handling magic items.
I want to play the PARTY-BASED version of the game in which all PCs are equal, not the Chosen One "You are the 'avatar'" version. DOS1 had PCs that were equal, bring that back please, and let me play each character with their own point of view.

I want "competitive questing" in SINGLE-PLAYER. I want every PC to matter. I DO NOT want a "Chosen One" who's destined to win. I want my PCs to fight each other. I want one PC to try to free the slaves while another tries to stop him.

I WANT TO PLAY MORE THAN ONE CHARACTER AT ONCE.

The architecture is all right there in multiplayer mode - Larian just has to enable it in single-player.

Can we expect to see competitive questing added BACK to single-player since it was REMOVED after the kickstarter was over, after I'd already pledged my money?
Post edited October 23, 2016 by Zombra
What will you tell people who like all your games but were too bad in playing Divinity: Original Sin for not even finishing it? Do you have any solution for them completly enjoying Divinity: Original Sin 2?