It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Embrace your adventurous inner child with The Lion King, Aladdin, and The Jungle Book!

Good stories never fall out of style. And if someone knows how to tell a proper fairytale, that's got to be Disney. Today, three of their most celebrated, charming platformers of yore based on such tales are coming back, exclusively on GOG.com. Disney Aladdin, Disney The Lion King, and Disney The Jungle Book are all household names that still captivate our imagination, decades after we got introduced to their cinematic and videogame worlds.

That's why GOG.com and Disney heave teamed up to bring these beloved classics of the 16-bit era to a new generation of gamers and Disney fans. All three titles have been meticulously updated to be compatible with modern operating systems while preserving the original graphics, sound, and gameplay.

Developed during the golden age of platformers, Disney Aladdin, Disney The Lion King, and Disney The Jungle Book established themselves as hallmarks of the genre, earning the praise of fans and critics alike for over two decades. That was due in no small part to their groundbreaking visuals. With the advent of Digicel technology, hand-drawn cels from Disney's animation team brought the characters to life with a level of vibrancy that was unparalleled at the time, and remains impressive today. Just look at how adorable little Simba looks when he roars at his enemies!

Return to these beautiful worlds, full of that unmistakable Disney charm and wondrous sense of adventure. <span class="bold">Disney Aladdin</span>, <span class="bold">Disney The Lion King</span>, and <span class="bold">Disney The Jungle Book</span> are available now, DRM-free on GOG.com and you can get them for 10% off individually, or for 33% off as a <span class="bold">bundle</span> of heartwarming joy until August 8, 12:59 PM UTC!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/LBbx41UaHVI
Post edited August 04, 2016 by maladr0Id
MaxFulvus: I played The Lion King and Aladdin on Megadrive when I was a kid. Great memories, but those prices hurt my eyes.
They arent that expensive, when we bought the floppydisk back then it was around 14.99 or 15.99 guilders,
multiply that with 3 and you have 45 tot 48 guilders, since EU(brussels) killed our good old currency, we got stuffed with the Euro, so basically the games arent that expensive if they are on sale like now and we get 33% off if we buy all three (like i did)...

50 cents for a game is always okay but usually these games are crap, Steam offers lots of games at bottom prices at sales, but most of these are low quality games imho.
The games on Steam sale (weekly deals) contain 50 to 75% the same games, over and over again, so far i havent seen a decent hiddenobject game listpriced at 8 or 9 euros being offered at 50 cents or even 1 euro :D , so most of these cheap games are inferior games.

Anyway the kids and cousins had a fun time playing them back then, now they are all grown up and play other games.
Post edited August 04, 2016 by gamesfreak64
opIgra: Inferior to what?

Let's look at Aladdin ... the DOS version had a bit higher resolution vs. the Mega Drive/Genesis version and maybe a bit more colors. Here is the MD/Genesis gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlxuPsQFX28
Interestingly, I recall the PC version had far superior music to the Sega version in that video. The Sega version apparently had some synthesized (FM?) music, while the PC version had fully digitized music. In fact, in the intro music in the PC version you got even vocals (singing). I recall it was quite unusual and mindblowing back then for a floppy-based PC game.

EDIT: Here is the PC version, you can hear the singing too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RceDyRLNbI

EDIT2: Heck, even the SNES version had worse music and audio compared to the PC version!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI2V6ra-lUQ

Woohoo, PC is the king! Not sure about the Amiga version, at least the Amiga version of Lion King was apparently the crappiest one with missing levels, poorer colors etc...
Post edited August 04, 2016 by timppu
More platformers... i would've rather had The Curse of Monkey Island.
I wasn't particularly interested in any of these specifically, but I'll throw them on my wishlist to buy them in the future anyway when they're on a deep discount during a seasonal promo just to chip in some support to Disney for bringing them here DRM-free.
Post edited August 04, 2016 by skeletonbow
Going to re-ask this here for Aladdin... maybe someone will know.

This might be a silly question... but I hardly ever play DOS games. How the hell do you exit with either a controller or keyboard. I can get the screen to come up with both controller and keyboard asking if I want to abort. But not options or anyway I can tell to actually do so.

The Lion King however worked fine completely with a xbox controller.
Post edited August 04, 2016 by BKGaming
Very nice, but too expensive for what they are. I can get physical copies of the Genesis/MD versions for less.
BKGaming: Going to re-ask this here for Aladdin... maybe someone will know.

This might be a silly question... but I hardly ever play DOS games. How the hell do you exit with either a controller or keyboard. I can get the screen to come up with both controller and keyboard asking if I want to abort. But not options or anyway I can tell to actually do so.

BKGaming:
If it's running on DOSbox you can close it with ctrl+F9.
MaxFulvus: I played The Lion King and Aladdin on Megadrive when I was a kid. Great memories, but those prices hurt my eyes.
yeah all three are great games...but the pricepoint is makes me want to wait for a better deal. still, if anyone out there wants FUN platformers you can't go wrong with any of the three.

thanks gog and Disney for bringing these great games here.

edit:
oh man...just had a thought...hopefully they bring castle of illusion here. that was another solid Disney platformer.
Post edited August 04, 2016 by JLH
EndlessKnight: Very nice, but too expensive for what they are. I can get physical copies of the Genesis/MD versions for less.
Good luck convincing Disney to lower the price.

"Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another."
Post edited September 25, 2016 by almabrds
park_84: If it's running on DOSbox you can close it with ctrl+F9.
Cool, that one solution I guess. Was hoping there was a way to do it with a controller seeing as everything else seems to work fine with it (I like to play games on tv) but this is better than nothing.

Thanks. :)
Please Donald in Cold Shadow... Please...
Wow, the Cave of Wonders is open! If Maui Mallard shows up with the soundtrack included, I'll pay full price. I love that soundtrack!
Very nice a bit overpriced and i think most people do own them already in one place or another.

I have got Aladdin , lion king and jungle on various consoles and handhelds......

I am not sure if the dos versions of these games are the best ...well a total blast for anyone who hasnt played them yet specially aladdin and lion king
blotunga: More platformers... i would've rather had The Curse of Monkey Island.
There are less than 15 classic platformers on GOG, and many of them are from Apogee. While I'd love to see one more Monkey Island game here, I think old platformers have been overly neglected and deserved a new release.
BKGaming: Going to re-ask this here for Aladdin... maybe someone will know.

BKGaming:
When you have pressed Esc to get to the "Abort game?", press "Y" on your keyboard for "yes", then it takes you to the main menu (from which you can exit the game completely).

I guess if you want to do that with a game controller, you need to assign the key "Y" to one of your gamepad buttons. Maybe that can be done in DOSBox, ie. push Ctrl-F1 during the game, that should take you to some kind of DOSBox config screen. Or then maybe it can be assigned manually in some DOSBox config file.
Post edited August 04, 2016 by timppu