It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The wait is over – Phantom Liberty, a full-fledged expansion to Cyberpunk 2077, has arrived in its full glory, and is now available on GOG!

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty is an action spy-thriller where you, the player, will yet again become V, a cyberpunk for hire who is thrown into the shadowy world filled with espionage. It offers a new, full, complex storyline, a new district – Dogtown – to discover within Night City limits, a powerful new skill tree, new quests, gigs and contracts; new items and weapons, and an infinite amount of replayable open world activities.

As the Night City’s aspiring mercenary legend, you will cross paths with a new cast of characters; including veteran secret agents, cunning political players, and bloodthirsty guns for hire. On your way, you’ll be joined by the secret agent of NUSA, Solomon Reed, portrayed by Idris Elba – to take on a difficult mission so, filled to the brim with tough choices, twists and turns.

The expansion will also bring you to a completely new part of Night City – Dogtown, the most dangerous district so far, ruled by arms dealer and warlord, Kurt Hansen. The district brings in new gigs and characters, but also offers new boss fights, infinitely replayable open world activities in the forms of airdrops and courier missions; and even more to discover.

You will also gain access to over 100 new items – vehicles, weapons, clothing, and cyberware – as well as see a whole new Relic skill tree (on a redesigned skill tree) with unique Relic perks, to bring even more freedom and flexibility to your playstyle curation.

If you haven’t stepped into Night City yet, you can get both the base game and the expansion in a special Cyberpunk 2077 & Phantom Liberty Bundle, now discounted -20%; and whether a newcomer, or a seasoned edgerunner, you can navigate HERE, to ensure your installation of the expansion goes smoothly.

Now, grab your gear, get your cyberdeck ready, and let’s meet in Dogtown – Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty is now available on GOG!
φιλα_δελφία: The game launches flawlessly without Galaxy on my main machine and my ROG Ally - so if the game crashes right after launch, it doesn't have to be a result of any DRM, but could be due to a bug or overclocking or undervoling or compatibility with a certain overlay ... or, or, or.

All the best

phil
MarkoH01: May I ask if you have blocked internet access to the executable? I've now managed to get my game to run without Galaxy by not allowing the executable to phone home.
I can give it a try later today!

All the best

phil
foad01:
Thank you very much.

Makes one wonder why the devs ... you know the ones we are PAYING their money .... dis not provide us with those items directly here on GOG ... which kind of is supposed to be DRM-Free and therefore should not need any online connection, amatzn or Twitch subscribing ect ... but maybe we aren't worthy enough for CDPR ;)
foad01:
MarkoH01: Thank you very much.

Makes one wonder why the devs ... you know the ones we are PAYING their money .... dis not provide us with those items directly here on GOG ... which kind of is supposed to be DRM-Free and therefore should not need any online connection, amatzn or Twitch subscribing ect ... but maybe we aren't worthy enough for CDPR ;)
I am asking my self this very same question.

Why would we need a amazon.com account?

Why would we need Twitch Prime subscriptions?

CD Projekt RED and gog.com should never of added this to Cyberpunk 2077.
Johnathanamz: CD Projekt RED and gog.com should never of added this to Cyberpunk 2077.
Gog didn't add it. They did allow the dlc onto the store, though, of course.
Johnathanamz: CD Projekt RED and gog.com should never of added this to Cyberpunk 2077.
tfishell: Gog didn't add it. They did allow the dlc onto the store, though, of course.
What do you mean gog.com did not add it? You do know CD Projekt RED owns gog.com right?

CD Projekt RED added it, CD Projekt RED allowed / todl gog.com to allow it. Therefore they added it.
foad01:
MarkoH01: Thank you very much.

If the GOG version was the only one to get these items offline, that would be a great marketing gag.

However ... that would not be allowed. Steam regulations demand that the version on Steam is not inferior in any way (they express it differently, so please don't try to find a loophole in my wording). Basically it means, that content for a game available on other platforms must also be available on Steam. If CDPR wants Steam users to create GOG accounts and use Galaxy in order to access all content, the same must happen with the GOG version. If GOG gets a version with all content without being logged in to Galaxy, then Steam must get the same version.

This also had the effect that some games financed through patreson which had exclusive content for higher paying tier had to be changed for the Steam release, they had to include all content without it being locked behind passwords or other means. We here on GOG also profited from that. The Steam and GOG version of Lust Theory for example has all bonus scenes unlocked by default (well, one needs to find the items) without codes.
Post edited September 30, 2023 by neumi5694
neumi5694: If the GOG version was the only one to get these items offline, that would be a great marketing gag.
That was not what I meant or implied. But only on GOG we could expect the game to stay DRM-Free which is not the case anymore by a long shot - given how many items are gated now behind some kind of DRM ... including the game itself and the pre-order bonus.
MarkoH01: That was not what I meant or implied. But only on GOG we could expect the game to stay DRM-Free which is not the case anymore by a long shot - given how many items are gated now behind some kind of DRM ... including the game itself and the pre-order bonus.
Either you're trolling or you're incapable of any sort of rational syllogism.

What you're alleging is that GOG is guilty of false advertising, under which they can be taken to court.

Now, either you're wrong in your assumption that this is or ever was DRM, which in itself is libel, or you could easily march into a law firm with your case and sue them for false advertising.

The cosmetic rewards are not a core essential to the game, they can be accessed through the console without altering the packaged game and thus voiding the license, they don't hinder you from progression, they don't check if you own a license for copy protection. They're in your paid product/offline installer, and can be accessed at any time.

In any case, whatever your cherished personal definition of DRM is, courts will likely prefer the widely accepted legal definition, which this doesn't fall under.
high rated
ThatGuyWithTheThing: Either you're trolling or you're incapable of any sort of rational syllogism.
What you're alleging is that GOG is guilty of false advertising, under which they can be taken to court.
Well, they do advertize their games as being completely runnable without any form of DRM and it has been proven that this is not the case for each and everyone of them. Just take a look here:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/drm_on_gog_list_of_singleplayer_games_with_drm

Other than that it depends on the definition of DRM which is different for many. So saying that those rewards and drops and whatever are all completely unnecessary for the game to play might be true ... but it is also true that they add value to the game and are not available when simply buying the game here without subscribing to a certain service or using a certain client.

ThatGuyWithTheThing: Now, either you're wrong in your assumption that this is or ever was DRM, which in itself is libel, or you could easily march into a law firm with your case and sue them for false advertising.
I could do that because of those other games mentioned above but I don't want to do this. I'd rather would like CDPR and GOG to SEE what they are doing here and reconsider it - meaning, I hope that posts like this will change their mind simply because they see how the customer thinks - and believe me, I am not alone.

ThatGuyWithTheThing: The cosmetic rewards are not a core essential to the game, they can be accessed through the console without altering the packaged game and thus voiding the license, they don't hinder you from progression, they don't check if you own a license for copy protection. They're in your paid product/offline installer, and can be accessed at any time.
Like I said above: it does not matter if anything is necessary or not ... it simply matters that those not subscribing to a certain service or not using a certain client are getting less ... and that on a DRM-free store.

ThatGuyWithTheThing: In any case, whatever your cherished personal definition of DRM is, courts will likely prefer the widely accepted legal definition, which this doesn't fall under.
It might be that the definition of DRM legally does not fit (whatever the legal definition would be) but this still is not the case for many of the games on the list above. Go ahead, defend their behavior and help to pave the road for worse things to come :)
Post edited September 30, 2023 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: *snip*
I see. My mistake for taking the bait.
MarkoH01: *snip*
ThatGuyWithTheThing: I see. My mistake for taking the bait.
What bait? I am not a troll and everybody knows this. If you think otherwise I can't change this of course.
tfishell: Gog didn't add it. They did allow the dlc onto the store, though, of course.
Johnathanamz: What do you mean gog.com did not add it? You do know CD Projekt RED owns gog.com right?

CD Projekt RED added it, CD Projekt RED allowed / todl gog.com to allow it. Therefore they added it.
I thought you were saying GOG added the drm'ed content to the expansion themselves, which they didn't.

CDPR and GOG are "sister" companies under CDP, just fyi.
Johnathanamz: What do you mean gog.com did not add it? You do know CD Projekt RED owns gog.com right?

tfishell: I thought you were saying GOG added the drm'ed content to the expansion themselves, which they didn't.

CD Projekt SA is still CD Projekt RED, just fyi.
tfishell: I thought you were saying GOG added the drm'ed content to the expansion themselves, which they didn't.

Johnathanamz: CD Projekt SA is still CD Projekt RED, just fyi.
Here is the summary from the subreddit:

GOG.com is a DRM-free games and movies distribution service that is part of the CD Projekt Group. GOG.com is also a "sister" company to CD Projekt Red, developers of the Witcher series and Cyberpunk 2077.

In any case, I think we can at least agree gog didn't add the content to the expansion as they didn't do dev work on it, but gog did allow the expansion onto the site.
Post edited September 30, 2023 by tfishell
foad01: Here are also the console commands for the first rewards of Cyberpunk 2077
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Katana_GoG",1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.GOG_DLC_Jacket",1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.GOG_DLC_TShirt",1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.GOG_Galaxy_TShirt",1)
Thanks. I see people are yet to discover how to place that Shupe plushy inside the apartment with a console.

ThatGuyWithTheThing: The cosmetic rewards are not a core essential to the game, they can be accessed through the console without altering the packaged game and thus voiding the license, they don't hinder you from progression, they don't check if you own a license for copy protection. They're in your paid product/offline installer, and can be accessed at any time.
Who decides what is essential and what isn't? I'm sure some people viewed the challenges & rewards locked behind an online requirement in Hitman 2016 as non-essential too, yet that got removed from the store.

What is essential and what isn't is entirely subjective, BUT they wouldn't be making all this content if it was entirely worthless.

The content already existing within the game files is common practice for many DLCs. There are many games on GOG where the DLC installer is nothing more than a 6MB "unlocker" for content that everyone had on their hard drives already.
The legitimate way of gaining access to these items is an online authentication check (see my attachment), so saying that these items exist within our offline installers is a half-truth.

We come to GOG for the TRUST and PRINCIPLE of not having any content be locked behind any kind of a license (right to access/play) authentication system (Which is what DRM means). If you dismiss the existence of DRM for this content because it can be easily accessed via a console mod, then you are focusing purely on the mechanics of the lock. If lock mechanics were the only thing we cared about, rather than principles, we'd be buying on Steam and using cracks for game preservation. There's no difference mechanically. The only difference is the principle.
Attachments: