It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The wait is over – Phantom Liberty, a full-fledged expansion to Cyberpunk 2077, has arrived in its full glory, and is now available on GOG!

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty is an action spy-thriller where you, the player, will yet again become V, a cyberpunk for hire who is thrown into the shadowy world filled with espionage. It offers a new, full, complex storyline, a new district – Dogtown – to discover within Night City limits, a powerful new skill tree, new quests, gigs and contracts; new items and weapons, and an infinite amount of replayable open world activities.

As the Night City’s aspiring mercenary legend, you will cross paths with a new cast of characters; including veteran secret agents, cunning political players, and bloodthirsty guns for hire. On your way, you’ll be joined by the secret agent of NUSA, Solomon Reed, portrayed by Idris Elba – to take on a difficult mission so, filled to the brim with tough choices, twists and turns.

The expansion will also bring you to a completely new part of Night City – Dogtown, the most dangerous district so far, ruled by arms dealer and warlord, Kurt Hansen. The district brings in new gigs and characters, but also offers new boss fights, infinitely replayable open world activities in the forms of airdrops and courier missions; and even more to discover.

You will also gain access to over 100 new items – vehicles, weapons, clothing, and cyberware – as well as see a whole new Relic skill tree (on a redesigned skill tree) with unique Relic perks, to bring even more freedom and flexibility to your playstyle curation.

If you haven’t stepped into Night City yet, you can get both the base game and the expansion in a special Cyberpunk 2077 & Phantom Liberty Bundle, now discounted -20%; and whether a newcomer, or a seasoned edgerunner, you can navigate HERE, to ensure your installation of the expansion goes smoothly.

Now, grab your gear, get your cyberdeck ready, and let’s meet in Dogtown – Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty is now available on GOG!
shmerl: From what I gather, you can't even play the expansion without Galaxy. Please fix this CDPR!
tfishell: It's getting hammered in the most-voted reviews, so at least in this case I do think GOG will fix it.
Yeah, also good to know it's not a Linux specific issue. Hopefully it will be fixed.
MarkoH01: Never had REDmod installed - game crashes whenever I try to launch it.
Yep, exactly the same. You can work around the crash by disabling / deleting GameServicesGOG.dll, then at least the base game works, but it then doesn't detect the expansion. So the end result - expansion is unplayable anyway.
Post edited September 28, 2023 by shmerl
SargonAelther: It's caused by REDmod in my case. I did some tests and the results were:
CP2077 runs offline
CP2077 with PL runs offline
CP2077 with PL and REDmod crashes without Galaxy.
MarkoH01: Never had REDmod installed - game crashes whenever I try to launch it.
Interesting that it seems to be different for me, but there are certainly too many reports of your scenario for anyone to dismiss.
The game launches flawlessly without Galaxy on my main machine and my ROG Ally - so if the game crashes right after launch, it doesn't have to be a result of any DRM, but could be due to a bug or overclocking or undervoling or compatibility with a certain overlay ... or, or, or.

All the best

phil
Post edited September 29, 2023 by φιλα_δελφία
φιλα_δελφία: The game launches flawlessly without Galaxy on my main machine and my ROG Ally - so if the game crashes right after launch, it doesn't have to be a result of any DRM, but could be due to a bug or overclocking or undervoling or compatibility with a certain overlay ... or, or, or.

All the best

phil
Detection of the expansion for sure depends on Galaxy. Try deleting GameServicesGOG.dll and see if expansion is playable or not.
shmerl: Try deleting GameServicesGOG.dll and see if expansion is playable or not.
Try deleting any file from the installation folder and see if the game runs at all ;-)

All the best

phil

P.S.: The detection of the DLC has to depend on some file for sure. To me it`s not about how the file is called, but If I can install and run it offline.
φιλα_δελφία: The game launches flawlessly without Galaxy on my main machine and my ROG Ally - so if the game crashes right after launch, it doesn't have to be a result of any DRM, but could be due to a bug or overclocking or undervoling or compatibility with a certain overlay ... or, or, or.

All the best

phil
No overclocking, no undervolting, no additional overlay ... also, game ran fine without Galaxy before the PL update .... I doubt that it is coincidence. Also, many reviews are reporting launch crashes without Galaxy so in the end I would rather say that there are a few constellations in which the game does not crash without Galaxy. The fact alone that the devs posted a sometimes working workaround even proves that there's a problem with the game in its current state.
Post edited September 29, 2023 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: ... there's a problem with the game in its current state.
I fully agree! If it doesn't work for some people in some constellations (I've had my share of other games), that needs to be fixed - preferably as soon as possible - but that's a far cry from (generally) suspecting CDPR of using DRM or downgrading the game (as can be see in posts and reviews).

All the best

phil
MarkoH01: ... there's a problem with the game in its current state.
φιλα_δελφία: I fully agree! If it doesn't work for some people in some constellations (I've had my share of other games), that needs to be fixed - preferably as soon as possible - but that's a far cry from (generally) suspecting CDPR of using DRM or downgrading the game (as can be see in posts and reviews).

All the best

phil
Well, CDPR IS using DRM (if the issue can be solved by using Galaxy - also right now it is impossible to access the pre-order bonus without Galaxy as well) and HAS been using DRM before - so it is really hard to believe that this time it was just a silly mistake. Even IF it should have been just a mistake it would be a pretty stupid one given the fact that we are talking about a GOG listing and every dev knows that a game on GOG has to run without Galaxy for many constellations ... this is a core principle and CDPR of all devs should have known this.
Post edited September 29, 2023 by MarkoH01
shmerl: Try deleting GameServicesGOG.dll and see if expansion is playable or not.
φιλα_δελφία: Try deleting any file from the installation folder and see if the game runs at all ;-)

All the best

phil

P.S.: The detection of the DLC has to depend on some file for sure. To me it`s not about how the file is called, but If I can install and run it offline.
Well I disproved your point. That file is part of Galaxy integration.
shmerl: Well I disproved your point. That file is part of Galaxy integration.
I am afraid (no I am not, I am kidding) I am not convinced. If I can download it offline and install it offline and it works offline, withiut the need to run galaxy. The file itself maight be part of whatsoever. It might be named whatsoever. It might even be called "themostpainfullDRMofalltime.dll" it would not matter.

All the best

phil

P.S.: That's what I allready hinted at in my last p.s.
Hello. I'm having a problem using update 2.0 and Phantom Liberty. For some reason I can't use Cyberware Monocable and Gorilla Arms. Did anyone have the same problem? When using the weapon select button I can only use the guns and the sword.
mamorusan87: Hello. I'm having a problem using update 2.0 and Phantom Liberty. For some reason I can't use Cyberware Monocable and Gorilla Arms. Did anyone have the same problem? When using the weapon select button I can only use the guns and the sword.
Sorry to say that I myself donot have any concrete information. Still I found this in the log of the upcoming Patch 2.01:

- Switching to arm-cyberware when changing weapons will become easier.

So perhaps it´s some sort of boug that they are aware of allready.

All the best

phil

Source: https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Cyberpunk-2077-Spiel-20697/News/Changelog-Patch-201-1430276/
https://twitter.com/CDPRED_Support/status/1707727973946704239

All the best

phil
May I ask if you have blocked internet access to the executable? I've now managed to get my game to run without Galaxy by not allowing the executable to phone home.
high rated
With Cyber Engine Tweaks

https://wiki.redmodding.org/cyber-engine-tweaks/

you can use the following console commands for different unlockable items:

Twitch drops
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Ashura_Twitch",1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Twitch_Drop_Pants", 1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Twitch_Drop_Vest", 1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Twitch_Drop_Boots", 1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Twitch_Drop_Specs",1)

Prime gaming rewards
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Warden_Amazon", 1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Nekomata_Amazon", 1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Kyubi_Amazon", 1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Grit_Amazon", 1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Crusher_Amazon", 1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Ajax_Amazon", 1)

Gwent and TW3 gear
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Ticon_Gwent", 1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Sword_Witcher", 1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Red_Play_TShirt", 1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Red_Play_Jacket", 1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Red_Play_Vest", 1)

You can also check out this mod which includes the Twitch Drops and Prime gaming rewards
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/9308

Here are also the console commands for the first rewards of Cyberpunk 2077
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Katana_GoG",1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.GOG_DLC_Jacket",1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.GOG_DLC_TShirt",1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.GOG_Galaxy_TShirt",1)

If the mod from above inspires someone to do a similar mod for the Witcher 3 here are the commands for the rewards

additem('Dol Blathanna Armor')
additem('Dol Blathanna Boots')
additem('Dol Blathanna Gloves')
additem('Dol Blathanna Pants')
additem('Dol Blathanna longsword')
additem('White Widow of Dol Blathanna')

Enjoy!
Post edited September 30, 2023 by foad01