It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tekkaman-James: I am really curious what the "logistic reasons" are. As a developer, can't you easily ask GOG for free keys for your game?
rgnrk: Yes. But as I understand it, Neither Stasis nor Underrail are Inxile's. So it's sort of a favour those friend developers are doing to Inxile. So probably they offered Steam keys to Inxile and Inxile don't want to push it, as that would meant for both The Brotherhood and Stygian extra work keeping track of different keys.
But no one knows how many keys they need to provide until after the eligibility period is over. Inxile would need to count up all the backers from the first 48 hours and then, through their end-of-campaign survey, tally up how many people want Stasis and how many want Underrail. At that point, The Brootherhood and Stygian Software would produce the keys and send them to Inxile. While adding the extra step of choose Steam or GOG might present a slight inconvenience, I don't see how it would be impossible; generous gesture or not. Still, it is what it is.
Gonchi: Vigilantes, crime themed, turn based RPG. They have a demo available to try.
I'm backing Vigilantes. Rather sad / a bit frustrating that an original RPG like this that is relatively close to completion and has an alpha build that you can download and an early bird digital tier of only $9 is struggling to reach goal of ~$5600. Fortunately that goal is so low that it seems they won't have a problem reaching it, but they're not going to raise nearly what they deserve to, IMO. It definitely seems have become harder for small indie developers to get crowdfunded.
My Kickstarter review article for the month of October is now live! I appreciate any feedback you lovely folks may have!

daveyd: It definitely seems have become harder for small indie developers to get crowdfunded.
It's so hard to know what makes a campaign resonate with people over another. Campaigns like Woven do everything right; offering pictures, videos, a playable demo, constant updates and Twitch streams; but can't get their funding. On the flip side, you have Code: HARDCORE which offered pictures and videos, but had no demo and almost no campaign updates, yet has blown past it's goal and is smashing stretch goals left and right.

The Kickstarter community is a complicated and unpredictable beast.
Post edited October 08, 2016 by Tekkaman-James
Lost Ember

Currently soliciting backing for completion. They are up front that they'll need further funds but they have interest from multiple publishers. They also want to be on GOG, possibly as an In Dev game.

Wishlist entry.
Tekkaman-James: I haven't dug into their campaign page fully, but when they were funding Psychonaute 2, you could choose to have your free copy of the first Psychonauts as a GOG code. I'll be sure to update if I can get any actual confirmation on that.

EDIT: It would seem my assumption is sadly incorrect. A response from the developer said they can't offer GOG codes for "logistic reasons". I am really curious what those reasons are. As a developer, can't you easily ask GOG for free keys for your game?
The newest project update has announced that eligible backers will be able to get Stasis or Underrail through GOG as well! I had already assumed I would be giving that smelly Steam code away, so I am glad to learn that I won't have to. Still, it's a shame they couldn't make this announcement during the eligibility period. Now, I just have to decide which game to choose. Hmm...
Gonchi: Vigilantes, crime themed, turn based RPG. They have a demo available to try.
daveyd: I'm backing Vigilantes. Rather sad / a bit frustrating that an original RPG like this that is relatively close to completion and has an alpha build that you can download and an early bird digital tier of only $9 is struggling to reach goal of ~$5600. Fortunately that goal is so low that it seems they won't have a problem reaching it, but they're not going to raise nearly what they deserve to, IMO. It definitely seems have become harder for small indie developers to get crowdfunded.
I know what you mean. The developer has released one full game already and this one is nearly complete. This is obviously not some vaporware or asset flip scheme, but it always seems like those that over promise and under deliver get the attention.
IAmSinistar: Lost Ember
Looks cool. Thanks for pointing this out. +1 backers.
IAmSinistar: Lost Ember
WinterSnowfall: Looks cool. Thanks for pointing this out. +1 backers.
My pleasure. Just backed it myself with the hope they will indeed find a DRM-free vendor for this. They are just about to hit goal too, with most of the campaign still ahead of them.
daveyd: I'm backing Vigilantes. Rather sad / a bit frustrating that an original RPG like this that is relatively close to completion and has an alpha build that you can download and an early bird digital tier of only $9 is struggling to reach goal of ~$5600. Fortunately that goal is so low that it seems they won't have a problem reaching it, but they're not going to raise nearly what they deserve to, IMO. It definitely seems have become harder for small indie developers to get crowdfunded.
Stevedog13: I know what you mean. The developer has released one full game already and this one is nearly complete. This is obviously not some vaporware or asset flip scheme, but it always seems like those that over promise and under deliver get the attention.
It's funny I've seen some people express skepticism at this and similar Kickstarters because of the low goal (i.e., "there's no way you can make a game for so little"). But of course they aren't claiming to make a game for scratch; this is just so that the lead (coder / writer) can work on it full-time (instead of part-time) over the next several months. If they asked for much more then it would look hopeless and people wouldn't back it because "they aren't going to reach their goal anyway".

I just wish the people that give hundreds to big projects by inXile, Larian, etc. would be more inclined to at least give a small fraction of that to smaller projects like this. I want there to be lots of developers making "old school" CRPGs / turn-based strategies, not just 3 or 4 AA studios.
Post edited October 14, 2016 by daveyd
Against all logic, this goon just got away with over four-thousand dollars. I will be amazed if he doesn't go completely silent by the end of the week. I mean, he didn't even post an update to announce the funding or thank his supporters. It's crooks like this that give Kickstarter such a bad reputation. Ugh...so frustrating.
I did a quick search and didn't see mention of the AI War 2 Kickstarter up (bah, can't post links as I never participated on the forum): www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcengames/ai-war-ii

Weird, because the fanbase is pretty fanatical.

The original AI War looks like it's about the top 10% of strategy games by user ratings on GOG (www.gog.com/games/strategy?sort=rating&page=1) and is likewise highly rated on Steam (store.steampowered.com/app/40400/).

Arcen has a downloadable demo on their site (arcengames.com/ai-war/) if anyone's curious. The graphics were a major point of criticism, but the gameplay was very interesting and unique. The sequel is going to address a lot of the drawbacks of the original, like the aforementioned graphics, and learning curves.
bagatelle: I did a quick search and didn't see mention of the AI War 2 Kickstarter up (bah, can't post links as I never participated on the forum): www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcengames/ai-war-ii
Not in this thread, but it's got one only to itself: :)
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/ai_war_2_arcen_games_kickstarts_the_next_game_in_the_series
Tekkaman-James: My Kickstarter review article for the month of October is now live! I appreciate any feedback you lovely folks may have!

daveyd: It definitely seems have become harder for small indie developers to get crowdfunded.
Tekkaman-James: It's so hard to know what makes a campaign resonate with people over another. Campaigns like Woven do everything right; offering pictures, videos, a playable demo, constant updates and Twitch streams; but can't get their funding. On the flip side, you have Code: HARDCORE which offered pictures and videos, but had no demo and almost no campaign updates, yet has blown past it's goal and is smashing stretch goals left and right.

The Kickstarter community is a complicated and unpredictable beast.
Just a heads-up: my antivirus (NOD32) is blocking your site because of a trojan. Dunno if this is a false alarm, just wanted you to know.
Reever: [snip]
Thank you for the information, Reever! I have sent your information to our tech crew to look into it. I will be sure to let you know if they come up with a solution.

EDIT: Our tech team was able to isolate the offending script and squash it. You should be able to browse the site again freely. Thank you for your patience and for your assistance! Your comment spurred on the team to fix the issue, so I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know. ^_^
Post edited October 18, 2016 by Tekkaman-James
Reever: [snip]
Tekkaman-James: Thank you for the information, Reever! I have sent your information to our tech crew to look into it. I will be sure to let you know if they come up with a solution.

EDIT: Our tech team was able to isolate the offending script and squash it. You should be able to browse the site again freely. Thank you for your patience and for your assistance! Your comment spurred on the team to fix the issue, so I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know. ^_^
Glad I could help, had no problems visiting the page this time.