It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

shmerl: Linux is a streatch goal. Other than that - sounds good. I'll back them if Linux support will be guaranteed (moved to base, or stretch goal will be reached).
hummer010: I hate campaigns with Linux as a stretch. Makes it complicated for penguins to support.
Yeah. But some said that you can support the campaign, and then cancel if it won't reach the stretch goal. I won't do that however.
<span class="bold">Four Last Things: a point-and-click renaissance masterpiece</span>

A point-and-click adventure game made from renaissance-era paintings and public domain recordings of classical music
The Final game will be around 2-3 hours long, it will feature a richly detailed world - full of locations to explore, characters to interact with and puzzles to solve - and it will be available for PC, Mac and (hopefully) Linux some time towards the end of 2016.
Oh man, were not for that fatidical "hopefully", I would've backed the shit out of this project already. :\
Spy DNA a tactical turn-based espionage RPG. Very little chance of reaching their rather high funding goal, but I backed because I like the concept. Am hoping they do a second attempt with a more realistic goal (they really shouldn't have something like mo-cap animation in the base funding goal).
Post edited June 30, 2016 by daveyd
If you haven't noticed yet, Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo localization into English has been Kickstarted a few days ago. SNK is widely considered one of the top visual novels and has previously been available in English as a fan-translation.
I personally really dislike SNK and will not back the KS, but I have to admit that it has a certain appeal.
SNK VNDB page. The Kickstarter has the contents of a fan-disc as stretch goals, but I don't see it hitting them at the current pace.
It's been quite a while, but my monthly video game Kickstarter review series is BACK!
<span class="bold">Here are my top picks for the month of July 2016!</span>
I would love to hear what you think about it.
beliar: If you haven't noticed yet, Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo localization into English has been Kickstarted a few days ago.
$84,000 (60% of $140,000) for an English-only localisation? Is it really that expensive?
beliar: If you haven't noticed yet, Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo localization into English has been Kickstarted a few days ago.
Tyrrhia: $84,000 (60% of $140,000) for an English-only localisation? Is it really that expensive?
Localization costs of other high profile visual novel Kickstarters:
Muv-Luv 23% of 250000 = $57500
Grisaia Trilogy 40% of 160000 = $64000
Libra of the Vampire Princess 50% of 125000 = $62500
So, yeas, the localization is quite expensive, though SNK localization seems to be a bit more so than others.
Prey for the Gods - the campaign runs until 6 August.

A Shadow of the Colossus inspired game, made by a new gaming company, No Matter Studios, run currently by three people with 30+ years of combined experience in the gaming industry, and if people think that three people aren't enough to work on a project I'll just remember them what one man did with a small game, Stardew Valley.
The game is an action survival game set in an desolate frozen island.
In Prey for the Gods, you play a lone hero sent to the edge of a dying world to discover the mystery behind a never-ending winter. Arriving with only the clothes on your back, you must survive the colossal dangers that you encounter. To restore balance and reclaim the land from the brink, you will be faced with questions that not even a God knows the answer to.
You can salvage items, weapons from fallen foes, hunt for food and find a safe place to rest.
The game play is combined from games like, Deus Ex, Shadow of Colossus, Bloodborne and DayZ.
There are currently five giant bosses made for the game, but more will be added if the stretch goals are met.
The music is composed by Ian Dorsch who has over 15 years of experience of writing and recording music for games, and produced by Skewsound.

Currently, the game is being released only on Steam, but they said that they will look further into GOG, so maybe there's some hope to see the game, that is, if it's succeeds, here.

PS: for all the hard guys and ladies who work on this thread, doing their research and posting: I have nothing but a huge respect for you guys and gals!
Post edited July 07, 2016 by Rievier
Tyrrhia: $84,000 (60% of $140,000) for an English-only localisation? Is it really that expensive?
beliar: Localization costs of other high profile visual novel Kickstarters:
So, yeas, the localization is quite expensive, though SNK localization seems to be a bit more so than others.
It seems to be in line with other projects, then. I didn't know it cost that much to translate a single game to a single language. Thank you for the information!
beliar: Localization costs of other high profile visual novel Kickstarters:
Tyrrhia: It seems to be in line with other projects, then. I didn't know it cost that much to translate a single game to a single language. Thank you for the information!
Visual Novels have a LOT of text.
Tyrrhia: It seems to be in line with other projects, then. I didn't know it cost that much to translate a single game to a single language. Thank you for the information!
omega64: Visual Novels have a LOT of text.
I guess so . . . oh. I just searched and was dumbfounded at the sight of the results: some visual novels are longer than some epic novels, between 500,000 and 1,000,000 words. Seems like I greatly underestimated visual novels. Good luck to the translators!
omega64: Visual Novels have a LOT of text.
Tyrrhia: I guess so . . . oh. I just searched and was dumbfounded at the sight of the results: some visual novels are longer than some epic novels, between 500,000 and 1,000,000 words. Seems like I greatly underestimated visual novels. Good luck to the translators!
http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_longest_video_game_scripts
Tekkaman-James: Here is a campaign that I am surprised is not getting any traction at all:

<span class="bold">Montague's Mount: Episode 2 + Episode 1 Redux</span>

The developers, a husband and wife duo, funded development of Episode 1 themselves. They saw moderate success upon the game's launch, but they have since fallen on hard times. Their publisher went out of business and the wife gave birth to triplets, so their ability to self-fund and adequately market their game has basically disappeared. The Kickstarter will be their only shot at releasing Episode 2 and finally finishing the game. Pledge €15 for a copy of the finished game, or pledge €20 to also get a copy of Episode 1 immediately after the campaign ends. Currently, they only mention Steam keys, but I have messaged them about the possibility of a DRM-Free option.

EDIT: The devs responded to my message and said that they will be offering a DRM-Free version through their website and any other vendor that agrees to carry the game (presumably GOG). They also said that they will be updating the campaign page to reflect this information. However, as of yet, they have not done so.
This story just got sadder:
"After making games since the C64, I think It’s time that I bowed out gracefully. A very sad day for us. As a family business we no longer have the money, nor the energy, to keep it afloat any longer. We had a good run I guess."
From the developer's Twitter feed. -[url=https://twitter.com/thePolyPusher/status/750302454609219585]rce.
<span class="bold">Columnae</span>

"COLUMNAE: A Past Under Construction is a Windows/Mac/Linux nonlinear point & click adventure game set in a post-apocalyptic steampunk world. The story of COLUMNAE is set more than a century after an environmental catastrophe made the air on the surface of the earth unbreathable, and the rich locked themselves up in Deus: a closed heavenly settlement built upon gigantic metal pillars called Columnae. Beneath Columnae, a huge apparatus Machina was built to automatically extract underground resources and pump them up via pipes, through Columnae and into Deus. Trying to escape the lethal environment on the surface, those not wealthy enough settled in Columnae, where they now live by parasitizing on resources coming from Machina. Not only unable to enter Deus, but also unwilling to cooperate with people living on nearby Cliffs, the society of Columnae is plagued by corruption, political manipulation, power struggle and poverty."

And DRM-Free, of course.