It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Prepare for a game that puts you in command of an advanced space battlecruiser.
Genre: Simulation
high rated
Veloxi: Yeah since you wanna bank as many Krells as possible from successful invasions and such, so once you reach SubAdmiral you can purchase an upgraded battlecruiser, you wanna avoid doing bombardments as much as possible. It still works as a strategy, but you'll be penalized and lose money as a result.
dusty788: Upgraded battlecruisers, you say? And an actual use for krels? I am intrigued! Looking forward to this updated version even more now.
The slaves you earn are also a commodity. The upgraded battlecruiser is awesome, especially the advanced probes that can actually search their target system as well as orbit and scan all the planets in the system. You can control 12 probes at once in ops, which is separate from the launch control with the standard probes,
Sulibor: Can you advise if you are also intend to refresh Star Legions? It always looked a bit too cartoonish I do not know if it was intended, or if it was result of technical limitation (i.e. color palete). The box cover , on the other hand, was quite impressive.
TrevorSorensen: Star Fleet II Deluxe will have an updated and enhanced Planetary Invasion Module that will have many of the features of Star Legions with higher resolution graphics. That module may then become the basis for a Star Legions Deluxe, but that is not certain. It will depend on the reception to Star Fleet II Deluxe (which depends on the reception to Star Fleet II Version 2.0). By "reception" I mean sales.
This sounds awesome. I couldn't get into SF1/2 since I grew up with an Amiga which provided the graphical/controls minimum I could deal with; however Star Legions I really got into, until I reached a rank where it seemed like missions would start bugging out.

Naturally, having that level of detailed invasion model, combined with a detailed star fleet command simulation to simulate all the other bits, is something that is strangely lacking in the gaming world. For some reason, 99% of space games think all space combat vessels will fly like fighter planes - and even the rare games that focus on some kind of tactical realism are still somewhat limited.

The closest recently has probably been Battlestar Galactica, while The Jupiter Incident is probably the most overall detailed (not including SF1/2 which were apparently many levels above that).

Bonus points for releasing a game where you get to be the inherently evil enslaving conquerors too! ;)
dusty788: It will be interesting to see the new planetary invasion system. My usual tactic for invasions was to teleport in a few cohorts of shock troops to the least-dangerous invasion zone, then bombard the other zones from orbit with my battlecruiser until the planet surrendered, thus giving me credit for a “successful” invasion.

It was hardly sporting, but, y’know, Krellans.
TrevorSorensen: That strategy still works in Version 2.0. However, you are penalized more for destroyed cities now that in earlier versions, so especially for lower tech level planets, it's definitely better to capture than destroy them. Planetary Defense Phasers are also more effective than before.
So we can't just avoid the PDPs by choosing strategic geostationary orbits to park our fleet at? That worked well in Star Legions, even if it meant the troop shuttles would take a bit longer to reach the target cities.
Post edited July 08, 2022 by squid830
TrevorSorensen: Star Fleet II Deluxe will have an updated and enhanced Planetary Invasion Module that will have many of the features of Star Legions with higher resolution graphics. That module may then become the basis for a Star Legions Deluxe, but that is not certain. It will depend on the reception to Star Fleet II Deluxe (which depends on the reception to Star Fleet II Version 2.0). By "reception" I mean sales.
squid830: This sounds awesome. I couldn't get into SF1/2 since I grew up with an Amiga which provided the graphical/controls minimum I could deal with; however Star Legions I really got into, until I reached a rank where it seemed like missions would start bugging out.

Naturally, having that level of detailed invasion model, combined with a detailed star fleet command simulation to simulate all the other bits, is something that is strangely lacking in the gaming world. For some reason, 99% of space games think all space combat vessels will fly like fighter planes - and even the rare games that focus on some kind of tactical realism are still somewhat limited.

The closest recently has probably been Battlestar Galactica, while The Jupiter Incident is probably the most overall detailed (not including SF1/2 which were apparently many levels above that).

Bonus points for releasing a game where you get to be the inherently evil enslaving conquerors too! ;)
TrevorSorensen: That strategy still works in Version 2.0. However, you are penalized more for destroyed cities now that in earlier versions, so especially for lower tech level planets, it's definitely better to capture than destroy them. Planetary Defense Phasers are also more effective than before.
squid830: So we can't just avoid the PDPs by choosing strategic geostationary orbits to park our fleet at? That worked well in Star Legions, even if it meant the troop shuttles would take a bit longer to reach the target cities.
Unfortunately, no. That was one of the enhancements of Star Legions. In Star Fleet II you are in an equatorial orbit and can't change it. I plan to put that enhancement into Star Fleet II Deluxe.
squid830: This sounds awesome. I couldn't get into SF1/2 since I grew up with an Amiga which provided the graphical/controls minimum I could deal with; however Star Legions I really got into, until I reached a rank where it seemed like missions would start bugging out.

So we can't just avoid the PDPs by choosing strategic geostationary orbits to park our fleet at? That worked well in Star Legions, even if it meant the troop shuttles would take a bit longer to reach the target cities.
TrevorSorensen: Unfortunately, no. That was one of the enhancements of Star Legions. In Star Fleet II you are in an equatorial orbit and can't change it. I plan to put that enhancement into Star Fleet II Deluxe.
Sounds good!

On the one hand it felt a bit cheap, but on the other hand it made perfect sense. I guess one way to balance that would be that higher-level planets could have PDPs all over the planet, or alternatively if the extra time it takes to drop off a shuttle load of troops somehow becomes a factor.

Good to see this game series still being worked on at any rate.
TrevorSorensen: Unfortunately, no. That was one of the enhancements of Star Legions. In Star Fleet II you are in an equatorial orbit and can't change it. I plan to put that enhancement into Star Fleet II Deluxe.
squid830: Sounds good!

On the one hand it felt a bit cheap, but on the other hand it made perfect sense. I guess one way to balance that would be that higher-level planets could have PDPs all over the planet, or alternatively if the extra time it takes to drop off a shuttle load of troops somehow becomes a factor.

Good to see this game series still being worked on at any rate.
At the higher levels, nearly every city has a PDP, so it is a priority for you troops to knock those out, along with the Surface to Air Lasers (SALs). I was thinking about making the PDPs only be able to hit your ship when it is in view of your ship (using longitude), but I don't think I have time for that. If they can't hit your ship, they would be able to hit one of the other ships in your fleet.
high rated
Hey friends, posted a status update on Steam as to how the game is coming along. :)

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1470940/announcements/detail/3370400292096646944
high rated
Hey friends, I put together some video tutorials of Star Fleet II to help folks have an easier way to enter the game. I put them in a guide on Steam too, to make them easier to find:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3048396043

Hope y'all find them useful.

As for the game itself y'all, we're close. REALLY close.
Nice!
Marvellous news, thank you for posting this info on GOG, appreciated.
glad to see that the Gog version is regulary updated by the developer

https://www.gogdb.org/product/1187946593#builds
Looks like we have a release date, November 13th:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvB87o_TzRI
high rated
I feel so tired: glad to see that the Gog version is regulary updated by the developer

https://www.gogdb.org/product/1187946593#builds
Ohhh, I didn't know y'all could see that! Yeah I've been trying to update beta builds on both Steam and GOG to get into the habit!
SCPM: Looks like we have a release date, November 13th:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvB87o_TzRI
Hah yup! 11/13 you guys~ Yay!! The new trailer should also be up on the GOG page soon as well (for some reason the upload didn't quite work yesterday.

SO EXCITED to finally be bringing this to you all.
Post edited October 24, 2023 by Veloxi
Friends, with the game launching on Monday, we're opening up the Discord for everyone. Please stop by and say hello!

https://discord.starfleet2.com
high rated
Friends, today we launch Star Fleet II: Krellan Commander 2.0 at around 10 AM Pacific time.

You can buy the game here:

https://www.gog.com/en/game/star_fleet_ii_krellan_commander_version_20

Once I hit the release button on Steam, I'll be doing a stream on the Steam page and my other channels (sadly it doesn't appear as if you can stream to GOG pages as of yet), which you can find links to here:

https://www.spacegamejunkie.com/stream/

If you want to get started on some reading, check out the new Operations Manual:

https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/1470940/manuals/Klagar-Class_Battlecruiser_Operations_Manual.pdf?t=1699886733

Thanks so much for your patience, and we're so thrilled that this is finally coming out.
Congratulations to the release! I can't wait for some spare time to dive in.