It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Prepare for a game that puts you in command of an advanced space battlecruiser.
Genre: Simulation
Thank you very much!
Very interesting, but I wonder if it is possible to play this game on a laptop without the appropriate numeric keypad and arrow keys.. I don't understand why some updated versions of old games don't support the mouse, It doesn't make sense to me.
amigaOS: Very interesting, but I wonder if it is possible to play this game on a laptop without the appropriate numeric keypad and arrow keys.. I don't understand why some updated versions of old games don't support the mouse, It doesn't make sense to me.
there is a laptop mode.
amigaOS: Very interesting, but I wonder if it is possible to play this game on a laptop without the appropriate numeric keypad and arrow keys.. I don't understand why some updated versions of old games don't support the mouse, It doesn't make sense to me.
As Lord_Kane says, there's a laptop mode for this specific issue.

Sadly the original didn't have mouse support due to memory limitations, so it's not here either.

We're planning a Windows-based version, but that's way down the line.
WinterSnowfall: Wasn't this game released as freeware at some point? Or is it just my imagination...
Looks like they add more work into and at least tried to get rid of some of the bugs.
alfoulkes: Looks like they add more work into and at least tried to get rid of some of the bugs.
You don't have to sell it to me any more, I've already bought the 2.0 version :P.
Looks like the kind of game I would play. Because the mechanics seem solid. But the graphics and lack of mouse controls, seem really offputting. Mind you I have been playing Cataclysm and Unreal World for years, so low resolution keyboard games are fine. But when my eyes start bleeding from the graphics in this title, I draw the line.

Is there any chance at a sega genesis level graphics with mouse/keyboard option in the future?

Truly....I miss games like these and Star Command(1988), in terms of game play. Space Rogue too.
Shmacky-McNuts: Looks like the kind of game I would play. Because the mechanics seem solid. But the graphics and lack of mouse controls, seem really offputting. Mind you I have been playing Cataclysm and Unreal World for years, so low resolution keyboard games are fine. But when my eyes start bleeding from the graphics in this title, I draw the line.

Is there any chance at a sega genesis level graphics with mouse/keyboard option in the future?

Truly....I miss games like these and Star Command(1988), in terms of game play. Space Rogue too.
Well you can try older version, 1.5B for free and check. Maybe your eyes will not make you much trouble.

https://starfleet2.com/download-1-5b-classic/
Shmacky-McNuts: Looks like the kind of game I would play. Because the mechanics seem solid. But the graphics and lack of mouse controls, seem really offputting. Mind you I have been playing Cataclysm and Unreal World for years, so low resolution keyboard games are fine. But when my eyes start bleeding from the graphics in this title, I draw the line.

Sulibor: Well you can try older version, 1.5B for free and check. Maybe your eyes will not make you much trouble.

https://starfleet2.com/download-1-5b-classic/
Thanks, but even for free, it really does hurt to look at.

Game came out originally in 1989, not sure what you're expecting.

If it helps, we're planning a prettier, Windows-based version down the line.

Veloxi: Game came out originally in 1989, not sure what you're expecting.

If it helps, we're planning a prettier, Windows-based version down the line.
Was not being a troll, I was hoping for something in the future. But to be fair I did draw comparison to 2 games of a similar nature in year, that do not give eye strain.....or seizures.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sarcasm aside I have an interest in the mechanics of such games. So thanks for working on a updated version. Watch out for really bright colors all over the place. Take a que from Cataclysm dda. Its free, so a 5 minute look at menus are a good hint at font and color highlights as examples.
I honestly don't know what to tell you. I've over 1,000 hours in the game with no eye strain. I'm sorry it's causing eye strain for you.

The next version we're planning will be fully-windows based and look a bit more, I'm told, like Star Legions, which might be easier on the eyes.
Friends, we're having our first discount on the game on both Steam and GOG:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1470940/STAR_FLEET_II__Krellan_Commander_Version_20/
https://www.gog.com/en/game/star_fleet_ii_krellan_commander_version_20

Thanks to some new DOSBox settings, we also got some help making it snappier, so now is a great time to dive in. :)