It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Prepare for a game that puts you in command of an advanced space battlecruiser.
Genre: Simulation
high rated
I reached the rank of Imperial Tribune in this game by completing all the missions, and to this day I consider it one of my greatest gaming achievements. SF2 is one of my favorite games of all time, and I had no idea that the dev had resumed work on it! The graphics may be old, but it’s an incredibly detailed simulation of space exploration, combat, and conquest.

Thanks so much to GOG for bringing this to my attention and to their store. I’ll definitely be picking this up, just to see what’s changed and improved.
Attachments:
dusty788: I reached the rank of Imperial Tribune in this game by completing all the missions, and to this day I consider it one of my greatest gaming achievements. SF2 is one of my favorite games of all time, and I had no idea that the dev had resumed work on it! The graphics may be old, but it’s an incredibly detailed simulation of space exploration, combat, and conquest.

Thanks so much to GOG for bringing this to my attention and to their store. I’ll definitely be picking this up, just to see what’s changed and improved.
Dang, you finished the game, mad respect. I'm still on the penultimate mission after many attempts.
Lodium: do you guys have pictures or images of the orginal boxart?
i mean, how the box looked when it was released back in 1989
HunchBluntley: MobyGames also has shots of the front and back of the box. (The text is even more or less readable!)
Thanks, this is what i was looking for
thanks to the dev as well for providing information
I'm very glad this has been officially confirmed to be released here, looking forward to trying version 2.0!
Can you advise if you are also intend to refresh Star Legions? It always looked a bit too cartoonish I do not know if it was intended, or if it was result of technical limitation (i.e. color palete). The box cover , on the other hand, was quite impressive.
Post edited July 04, 2022 by Sulibor
high rated
Sulibor: Can you advise if you are also intend to refresh Star Legions? It always looked a bit too cartoonish I do not know if it was intended, or if it was result of technical limitation (i.e. color palete). The box cover , on the other hand, was quite impressive.
Star Fleet II Deluxe will have an updated and enhanced Planetary Invasion Module that will have many of the features of Star Legions with higher resolution graphics. That module may then become the basis for a Star Legions Deluxe, but that is not certain. It will depend on the reception to Star Fleet II Deluxe (which depends on the reception to Star Fleet II Version 2.0). By "reception" I mean sales.
Sort of looks like an ascii Star Lord meets Starflight.
pmcollectorboy: Sort of looks like an ascii Star Lord meets Starflight.
Not really. Star Lord is more of a grand strategy game, and Starflight is an adventure RPG.

This is a battleship simulator and wargame, ultimately, with exploration elements.
Sulibor: Can you advise if you are also intend to refresh Star Legions? It always looked a bit too cartoonish I do not know if it was intended, or if it was result of technical limitation (i.e. color palete). The box cover , on the other hand, was quite impressive.
TrevorSorensen: Star Fleet II Deluxe will have an updated and enhanced Planetary Invasion Module that will have many of the features of Star Legions with higher resolution graphics. That module may then become the basis for a Star Legions Deluxe, but that is not certain. It will depend on the reception to Star Fleet II Deluxe (which depends on the reception to Star Fleet II Version 2.0). By "reception" I mean sales.
Thank you for reply.
Very interesting release. I've never played Star Fleet II, but I have a boxed copy of the Amiga version of SF I, which I like quite a lot.
TrevorSorensen: It will depend on the reception to Star Fleet II Deluxe (which depends on the reception to Star Fleet II Version 2.0). By "reception" I mean sales.
Guess only time will tell, but other timeless classics, such as Holistic Design games have sold quite well. I'm not sure what quite well means, but the developers from Hollistic said the same thing when they released Emperor of the Fading Suns here (release of other games will depend on sales), and we eventually got all their old catalog. "Good old games" will always find a home here. And by "home" I mean sales :P.
Post edited July 04, 2022 by WinterSnowfall
TrevorSorensen: Star Fleet II Deluxe will have an updated and enhanced Planetary Invasion Module that will have many of the features of Star Legions with higher resolution graphics. That module may then become the basis for a Star Legions Deluxe, but that is not certain. It will depend on the reception to Star Fleet II Deluxe (which depends on the reception to Star Fleet II Version 2.0). By "reception" I mean sales.
It will be interesting to see the new planetary invasion system. My usual tactic for invasions was to teleport in a few cohorts of shock troops to the least-dangerous invasion zone, then bombard the other zones from orbit with my battlecruiser until the planet surrendered, thus giving me credit for a “successful” invasion.

It was hardly sporting, but, y’know, Krellans.
high rated
dusty788: It will be interesting to see the new planetary invasion system. My usual tactic for invasions was to teleport in a few cohorts of shock troops to the least-dangerous invasion zone, then bombard the other zones from orbit with my battlecruiser until the planet surrendered, thus giving me credit for a “successful” invasion.

That strategy still works in Version 2.0. However, you are penalized more for destroyed cities now that in earlier versions, so especially for lower tech level planets, it's definitely better to capture than destroy them. Planetary Defense Phasers are also more effective than before.
dusty788: It will be interesting to see the new planetary invasion system. My usual tactic for invasions was to teleport in a few cohorts of shock troops to the least-dangerous invasion zone, then bombard the other zones from orbit with my battlecruiser until the planet surrendered, thus giving me credit for a “successful” invasion.

Yeah since you wanna bank as many Krells as possible from successful invasions and such, so once you reach SubAdmiral you can purchase an upgraded battlecruiser, you wanna avoid doing bombardments as much as possible. It still works as a strategy, but you'll be penalized and lose money as a result.

Veloxi: Yeah since you wanna bank as many Krells as possible from successful invasions and such, so once you reach SubAdmiral you can purchase an upgraded battlecruiser, you wanna avoid doing bombardments as much as possible. It still works as a strategy, but you'll be penalized and lose money as a result.
Upgraded battlecruisers, you say? And an actual use for krels? I am intrigued! Looking forward to this updated version even more now.