It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

An ancient evil has returned to Baldur's Gate, intent on devouring it from the inside out. The fate of Faerun lies in your hands. Alone, you may resist. But together, you can overcome.

Larian Studios have just announced that they are developing and publishing Baldur’s Gate III. Created in close collaboration with the Dungeons & Dragons team at Wizards of the Coast, Baldur’s Gate III is based off current D&D mechanics and spells and is the official new chapter in the legendary series.

Baldur’s Gate III will push the boundaries of the RPG genre and offer a rich narrative with unparalleled player freedom, high-stakes decisions, unique companion characters and memorable combat. It is Larian Studios’ biggest production ever and will be playable together with friends or as a single-player adventure.

Prepare for the return of a malevolent presence to Baldur's Gate, intent on devouring it from the inside out, corrupting everything that remains in the Forgotten Realms.

Alone you may resist, but together you can overcome. Gather your party.

Baldur’s Gate III Early Access coming to GOG.COM on October 6th!
low rated
I don't like the art style of the two new Divinity games amd i prefer the isometric view .
Even if not a continuation, is nice to see a new D&D game and Larian is always welcome
Why not Waterdeep or Evereska or Suzail :(

But then again there was not that much of Baldurs Gate (the city) in the saga.

I'm looking forward for more news to it. But more because I'm a bit curious how Larian will handle it and because I heard the 5e where a massive jump to being good again compared to 4e. Then again not that it helps much that 4e messed the FR lore up in ways I never would even touched it even if it where a 3e supplement written by Gygax himself.

ehh... probably will stay away from it; not poking old wounds and such. BG2 had an epic closure; there was nothing to add.

... *ponders*

Oh yeah, I do what I can do best. Wait for more and rant about it. But not too much 'cause I like Larian; where not them that messed the FR up.
GOG.com: ...unparalleled player freedom...
so... the definition to that is:

boaster; swaggerer; rodomont; panjandrum; cockalorum (old-fashioned); braggart [Br.] (old-fashioned); swankpot [Br.] (old-fashioned); tinhorn [Am.] ?

:P

*edit*
... I never really liked Illithids or psionics :/
Post edited June 06, 2019 by Anothername
morolf: I've now read that Larian representatives apparently claim the game will continue the story of the first two games.
If true, it's a very bad idea imo...would be sad, if they invalidated the story of BG1&2 by pulling some retcon nonsense like "The Bhaalspawn was eventually still taken over by Bhaal! Everything that happened in the first two games was meaningless."
Bhaal is back from the dead in 5th Edition Forgotten Realms, which is set around 120 years after the Baldur's Gate trilogy (Throne of Bhaal being the third part).
Regarding IPs:

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldur%27s_Gate_III:_The_Black_Hound]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldur%27s_Gate_III:_The_Black_Hound[/url]
"""
Rumors on the development of The Black Hound continued up until 2012 upon the announcement of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. The developers, Beamdog, revealed that they planned on making Baldur's Gate III, but did not initially reveal whether it would be a continuation of The Black Hound. Beamdog would later clarify that a possible Baldur's Gate III would not be based on The Black Hound and instead be an original story.
"""

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldur%27s_Gate_(series)#Future]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldur%27s_Gate_(series)#Future[/url]
"""
In September 2016, Interplay Entertainment placed its entire catalogue of video game intellectual properties (IP) and assets up for sale, including that of Dark Alliance.
On June 6th, 2019, Baldur's Gate III was announced for Google Stadia and PC with a release date TBD.
"""
gandalfnho: Even if not a continuation, is nice to see a new D&D game and Larian is always welcome
It's Larian and it's Dungeons & Dragons. That's all I need to know until more details roll in. For now we can only speculate how 3 relates to 1 and 2.
Thank you Larian for not only producing the game but also making it DRM free. You guys rock and this is an instant buy for me.
low rated
If it doesn't import BG2 (or BG2EE) saves and continue the story of the Bhaalspawn then it's not really BG3.
I wonder if this new adaptation of the BG realm will have Drow as a playable race ?
Saw this advertised on the main page and thought beamdog = not interested, hard pass.
Watched the trailer, scrolled down the games page a bit to see Larian Studios = Very interested, /heavybreathing
Oh, what an excellent news:)
Did they just copy that scene from Doctor Who, Season 4, Episode 3, The Planet of the Ood, when the guy turns into an Ood?

I've played the first couple of areas of Baldur's Gate 1 that I found in a charity shop to see if I'd like it, but I haven't got it on GOG yet, so haven't played it. Funds and backlog mean that it will have to wait for a bit longer.
Post edited June 07, 2019 by Jenny_mp3
Kelefane: I wonder if this new adaptation of the BG realm will have Drow as a playable race ?
I have wondered this as well and while i don't boost a drow avatar myself, i do would enjoy playing a Chaotic Evil Drow. I hope we get an answer to this soon.
aluinie: Thank you Larian for not only producing the game but also making it DRM free. You guys rock and this is an instant buy for me.
yeah, seems like a big RPG release for DRM free. glad to see it here!
Mafwek: Baldur's Gate has the brand name. Brand name sells better than new title.
morolf: I've now read that Larian representatives apparently claim the game will continue the story of the first two games.
If true, it's a very bad idea imo...would be sad, if they invalidated the story of BG1&2 by pulling some retcon nonsense like "The Bhaalspawn was eventually still taken over by Bhaal! Everything that happened in the first two games was meaningless."
Everything was meaningless. 5th edition resurrected Bhaal and killed off all the Bhaalspawn. The last two Bhaalspawn died in Baldur's Gate and wrecked the city. Bhaal pulled all the shards from all the Bhaalspawn together and brought himself back to life and reclaimed the mantle as the god of murder. If Gorion's Ward became a god then he would have had the divine essence ripped from him and be destroyed like with Iyachtu Xvim and Bane.