It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

An ancient evil has returned to Baldur's Gate, intent on devouring it from the inside out. The fate of Faerun lies in your hands. Alone, you may resist. But together, you can overcome.

Larian Studios have just announced that they are developing and publishing Baldur’s Gate III. Created in close collaboration with the Dungeons & Dragons team at Wizards of the Coast, Baldur’s Gate III is based off current D&D mechanics and spells and is the official new chapter in the legendary series.

Baldur’s Gate III will push the boundaries of the RPG genre and offer a rich narrative with unparalleled player freedom, high-stakes decisions, unique companion characters and memorable combat. It is Larian Studios’ biggest production ever and will be playable together with friends or as a single-player adventure.

Prepare for the return of a malevolent presence to Baldur's Gate, intent on devouring it from the inside out, corrupting everything that remains in the Forgotten Realms.

Alone you may resist, but together you can overcome. Gather your party.

Baldur’s Gate III Early Access coming to GOG.COM on October 6th!
Current D&D mechanics? Is that 5E?

Does this mean Bards are top tier class choice?
Current D&D mechanics... Oh joy. :P

We'll see how it turns out. I am happy to see this series continue though. Now if only someone would take the Temple of Elemental Evil game and continue that!
Thank god i almost thought that i was going to have to skip this since it is being marketed with the horrible google abomination. Thankfully it is coming on GOG.
Very intriguing, calling it Baldur's Gate III and make it so different is strange but it's great that Larian is developing it and hopefully it will be a great game so i'm definately looking forward to it a LOT.
Post edited June 06, 2019 by ChrisGamer300
This cannot be anything but disappointing imo. The story of the original Baldur's Gate games had a neat conclusion, there's no point in continuing it. On the other hand, if there's no connection to the story of BG1&2, it's just misleading marketing in service of a cynical cash grab.
They should have done something completely new instead of trying to capitalize on nostalgia for gaming classics of 20 years ago.
Damn, why so hurry! I haven't finished Baldur's Gate II yet.
high rated
Guys, Baldur's Gate is a very prominent city in the D&D universe. Plenty of Pen&Paper adventures contain it too. So calling the game like this if it actually is connected to the city is perfectly fine, imo.

I personally am mostly hoping for full D&D 5e integration including turn-based combat.
low rated
morolf: This cannot be anything but disappointing imo. The story of the original Baldur's Gate games had a neat conclusion, there's no point in continuing it. On the other hand, if there's no connection to the story of BG1&2, it's just misleading marketing in service of a cynical cash grab.
They should have done something completely new instead of trying to capitalize on nostalgia for gaming classics of 20 years ago.
Capitalistic logic mate. You know you can't expect anything else.
Than again, original titles weren't that good (no matter how much I love BG2), so there is a lot of room to improve. Perhaps we get the best one yet.
I'm just happy that the D&D-ruleset is making a comeback in the hands of a competent developer. May more D&D-ish games follow BG3!
Ahhhhhh !!!!!

Pre order ! I need pre order !
& release date !

Gimme gimme !

=))
well this is certainly excellent news.
Of all the things Larian could make this is the least interesting to me. But I'm probably the only person in the world who would be more excited for Dragon Commander 2 than Baldur's Gate.

But, as long as it doesn't mean no more Divinity games in the long run, it's no skin of my back. I still haven't even picked up Original Sin 2, and we'll be getting Divinity Fallen Heroes next year, so I'll have stuff to do.

Edit: Seriously? For this? Man, this place sucks.
Post edited June 07, 2019 by Breja
high rated
Little known fact is that "Larian" in elfish means "shut up and take my money" :D

Don't know better studio to do this!
Larian has yet to disappoint me, I have high hopes!
Picking up the first two entries may be a good idea I think...
Post edited June 06, 2019 by NuffCatnip