It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MechWarriors, assemble!

<span class="bold">BattleTech</span>, the Kickstarted take on tactical 'Mech combat by the creators of Shadowrun Returns, is coming soon, DRM-free on GOG.com.

It's 3025 and the world is being torn apart by conflict while an interstellar civil war is a-brewing. The only way to survive is by leading your own mercenary outfit of MechWarriors through this brutal power struggle between corrupt rulers and ambitious aristocrats. Customize your giant BattleMechs and pilots, keep them upgraded and fit for battle, then unleash them upon your enemies in turn-based skirmishes that might as well decide the future of this war-ravaged world.
Post edited May 15, 2017 by maladr0Id
posidyn: Does anyone know if this is a reboot of the Crescent Hawk's Inception or a completely new game?
This is an original game based on the FASA tabletop game. By the creators from FASA (Also created Shadowrun)
Post edited May 12, 2017 by paladin181
*cries in Intel HD graphics*
wuerfelprinz: @ Grargar: They only just announced the partnership with Paradox today.
Weird, I could have sworn they had sworn off GoG and were sticking with Steam. Had a few vague posts on their support forums when the subject came up.
htown1980: I find it weird that people are talking about MechWarrior and MechCommander. This is a Battletech game, not a Mechwarrior or MechCommander game (featuring mechs obviously).

Has no-one played Battletech? Crescent Hawks Inception is one of my favourites games from that era.
You've gotta hate to see an original franchise with a longstanding pedigree get supplanted in the public consciousness by the properties it spawned. There were probably quite a few people wondering what Wasteland 2 is and why it looks like a Fallout clone!
wuerfelprinz: @ Grargar: They only just announced the partnership with Paradox today. All the creative stuff is still Harebrained Schemes' responsibility as far as I understand it, with Paradox only handling "marketing".
Grargar: Obsidian said the same for Pillars of Eternity... yet, we have three different editions of the game and no upgrade paths here.
Back when people purchased games in physical form there also were no "upgrade paths" from standard to collectors edition.

I mean you're right, if everything's digital, there's no real reason for upgrading being impossible, but as long as this doesn't affect the actual game I can live with it. It's tons of overpriced DLC that make the base game feel incomplete that would raise my red flags. Pillars doesn't have those, it's only got an actual expansion DLC (which I liked a lot btw).
A mech game from the creators of Shadowrun Returns? Color me interested (even though deep inside, i'd like to see another Shadowrun game)...
Wishlisted...a new Mechcommander would be realy nice
Not coming soon enough. Beta start June 1 for Beta backers, I backed during their compaign but don't think I made the Beta :\

Have been waiting for this game since the funding started.
deleted
GOG should ask Microsoft to put up the old Mechwarrior and Mechcommander games to coincide with this release.
Already bought, just waiting for my GOG code :D My concern is that the game will spawn innumerable DLC packs.
This looks intriguing. I haven't heard of it before now, but I like what I read/see. In all honesty, I never got to play any of the old MechWarrior or MechCommander games. The only one I ever had (and I believe still have the big box somewhere) is EarthSiege.
Attachments:
hohiro: the shareware strategy game on the Amiga which simulated the board game best in former times
If we're thinking of the same game, MechForce by Ralph H. Reed (renamed from "BattleTech" after FASA asserted their trademark IIRC), it didn't simulate the board game very well but improved on the mechanics in that it abandoned the AP-based system in favor of a tick-based one where every action had a time cost and the game would let you retake control after it completed. Unpractical for a board game, absolutely great for a video game.

I loved it so much I used to be an official overseas shareware customer back then. I had to save my allowance, somehow get it exchanged to USD, and mail it over there. I think I sent too little the first time and in the end I paid more for postage than the shareware fee. :)

Anyway, this game here has the potential to make me very, very happy.
Post edited May 12, 2017 by skirtish
Kickstarted, and can't wait, as a fan of both the BattleTech board game and the HBS Shadowrun PC game.
Should be great fun to assemble your mercenary command and travel around the galaxy looking for jobs, probably getting shafted by scheming barons and lords...

"Have 'mech, will travel"
I was excited when I saw this in my feed reader... then I saw it wasn't DOSBox'd versions the "Crescent Hawk's Inception" and "Crescent Hawk's Revenge" games that you can find at a premium on eBay in the Activision PowerHits: BattleTech pack alongside the original Mechwarrior.

I then proceeded to lose interest since there was no Linux release and it'll no doubt be ages before it hits my $5 US "buy it despite my games backlog already growing rather than shrinking" price point.

guppy44: This looks intriguing. I haven't heard of it before now, but I like what I read/see. In all honesty, I never got to play any of the old MechWarrior or MechCommander games. The only one I ever had (and I believe still have the big box somewhere) is EarthSiege.
Last I checked, Microsoft had released MechCommander Gold and MechCommander 2 as free downloads. (I know they also released the source for a networking-less version of MechCommander 2 as some kind of Shared Source example.) Knowing Microsoft, they've broken my bookmarks 20 times over with their site rewrites, but you can probably still google them up.