It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

amok: http://store.steampowered.com/app/326590/

Just popped up on Steam, any retro gamers wet dream :)

Containes:
Defender of the Crown
SDI
The King of Chicago
Sindbad and the Throne of the Falcon
Lords of the Rising Sun
Rocket Ranger
It Came From the Desert
It Came From the Desert II: Antheads
Wings!
TV Sports: Football
TV Sports: Basketball
TV Sports: Baseball
TV Sports: Boxing

Blurb from the news release:
"Love your retro games? Then we have a treat for you! Today sees the global digital launch of Cinemaware Anthology: 1986-1991; a facinating collection of 13 of the most highly regarded and successful classic games from legendary game developer Cinemaware. Relive that awesome ‘golden-era of videogames’ feeling: rescue a princess in medieval England, become the boss of Chicago's Mafia, wipe out terrorizing killer-ants or fight against enemy invaders with your jetpack and raygun in the 1940s! Choose to play the original Amiga version or the PC-MSDOS version (where available)."

and for £6.79, it is a steal!
Why are you using GOG to advertise for Steam?
amok: ...
PetrusOctavianus: Why are you using GOG to advertise for Steam?
Because he's letting people know about classic releases? People advertise GOG on Steam forums.

Containes:
Defender of the Crown
SDI
The King of Chicago
Lords of the Rising Sun
Rocket Ranger
It Came From the Desert
Wings!

"Love your retro games? Then we have a treat for you! Today sees the global digital launch of Cinemaware Anthology: 1986-1991; a facinating collection of 13 of the most highly regarded and successful classic games from legendary game developer Cinemaware. Relive that awesome ‘golden-era of videogames’ feeling: rescue a princess in medieval England, become the boss of Chicago's Mafia, wipe out terrorizing killer-ants or fight against enemy invaders with your jetpack and raygun in the 1940s! Choose to play the original Amiga version or the PC-MSDOS version (where available)."

because I am still laboring under the preconception that gOg users care about classic games... But I guess gOg now have become just another store. I can do that, if that's how it is to be.

Containes:
Defender of the Crown
SDI
The King of Chicago
Lords of the Rising Sun
Rocket Ranger
It Came From the Desert
Wings!

In the entire time I've been on the GOG forums, there is much more coverage of gaming deals out there that concern Steam games than coverage of GOG or any other distributor's offerings. The information shared above is not an anomaly, but rather par for the course although it'd normally be in the "Gaming deals thread". We may all be GOG'ers by nature of using the site, but ultimately we are gamers and information on what's happening in the wider world of gaming beyond GOG has widespread appeal on the GOG forums as well as high level of precedence. The Cinemaware share above is not an anomaly or aberration.

Incidentally, I'm signed up for the official GOG group on Steam as well, and often get GOG release announcements etc as Steam popups.

Ultimately though, who cares.

P.S. Nice necro from November 2014 BTW.
Post edited March 12, 2015 by skeletonbow
Barry_Woodward: Where is IT CAME FROM THE DESERT?
Right here! :D

http://www.insectula.com/

As said...very disappointing going to have to wait a year or more with no guarantee that IT and the other outstanding Cinemaware classics will be released here at all.Maybe it is all just stalling and someday this kind of post will cruise in: "Hey due to the Steam fuckup it just doesn't make any sense for us to release the games on GOG anymore.Sorry, see you later!"
Post edited March 13, 2015 by ALH
I'm thinking that they're going to probably make what they can off of Steam until the revenue stream coming in declines below a certain point, maximizing what they take in without having to do a large amount more work to support other services, then if they make enough off of that to speculate that supporting other services may give another booster shot of revenue they may go ahead and put the effort to support GOG too.

I'm guessing they're probably a very small company with a very limited set of developer man power and need to allocate resources where they get the best bang for the buck. You'd think that for old games like that though, the largest customer base might be here although that's just speculation.

Containes:
Defender of the Crown
SDI
The King of Chicago
Lords of the Rising Sun
Rocket Ranger
It Came From the Desert
Wings!

Probably because it's about at or above 50% the amount of GoG users that are also Steam users.
Has there been any word from Cinemaware about when the next releases are coming?
Post edited September 01, 2015 by Barry_Woodward
Can anyone verify for me the system requirements for the pack this dual core cpu and 2 GB of ram seems a bit too much for dosbox to me?
When I saw the picture of the big ant I went mother of god... 0_0 we need a bigger gun!

but yeah I want all this on gog no sale for steam sorry .
leon30: Can anyone verify for me the system requirements for the pack this dual core cpu and 2 GB of ram seems a bit too much for dosbox to me?
they don't use dosbox, but their own emulator... but then again I only played the Amiga versions.
leon30: Can anyone verify for me the system requirements for the pack this dual core cpu and 2 GB of ram seems a bit too much for dosbox to me?
amok: they don't use dosbox, but their own emulator... but then again I only played the Amiga versions.
I see, then they can be really demanding :(
low rated
synfresh: Probably because it's about at or above 50% the amount of GoG users that are also Steam users.
Pretty slack. This is about GOG not Steam. Talk about pushing the competition.sheesh.
Barry_Woodward: Has there been any word from Cinemaware about when the next releases are coming?
Only this.
2nd half of 2015, ugh. Wondering if their marketing arm has an exclusive with Steam for the anthology, and it takes that long for the terms to expire.