It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We often receive questions and messages asking how we are doing as a team, company, store, and platform. That is why we decided to give you a bit more insight into our operations and last year’s results.

Last year was a very challenging time for all of us due to the ongoing global pandemic. Since March 2020, our team continues to work remotely from homes, which is not always easy. Having that in mind, we’re even more proud and happy to share these facts and numbers with you.

[Full image]

It’s a new format for us to share data like this and we’d appreciate hearing your impressions, comments, and suggestions.
low rated
brouer: Considering how resource intensive the front page is and how inflexible the forums' formatting is, I pity anyone primarily browsing GOG.com on a mobile device. :-)
I hear ya :)

(btw: I meant more so people buying games and reading news articles....those parts of the site seem like they're geared towards[big buttons, bright colors, etc] and/or would work well enough[vs the forums anyways] with such devices)
GOG.com: We often receive questions and messages asking how we are doing as a team, company, store, and platform. That is why we decided to give you a bit more insight into our operations and last year’s results.

Last year was a very challenging time for all of us due to the ongoing global pandemic. Since March 2020, our team continues to work remotely from homes, which is not always easy. Having that in mind, we’re even more proud and happy to share these facts and numbers with you.

[Full image]

It’s a new format for us to share data like this and we’d appreciate hearing your impressions, comments, and suggestions.
No data for Latin America :'(
Post edited April 29, 2021 by GUSTA99X
high rated
Honest to god, and all that i believe in.. I love that it's DRM Free, most of you won't believe it but on the 23rd of april, since i live in a place where there is alot of traffic a truck was passing by my street when it pulled our optic fiber cabel, until now the 28th of april i was able to get online. THIS IS A LIFE SAVER when it comes to actually starting a game and not needing the (always need to be online) BS is a god save, what i'm trying to say is that we should be able to play our games when we want and how we want. Atleast im a GOG.com client for life. Thank you GOG.
emter_pl: Since we don't track offline users, we can't give you precise numbers on them.
You can't track us. We track you. We are legion. We are nowhere and everywhere.
Leroux: Unfortunately, it seems that you can't revert back to blank once you've already set a date ...
toxicTom: When I took the survey there was a "rather not tell" option in many cases like gender, age, household income...
I was talking about the birth date in the account setting here on GOG.
emter_pl: This is true. We measure the backlog of unanswered tickets and try to react to the forum “rants” when they refer to specific tickets. Back in December, we were pretty open that we’ve been experiencing the biggest backlog of tickets in the history of GOG. We’ve been hard at work since then, expanded our Support team, and currently, we have the lowest backlog of unanswered tickets since October 2019.
The problem seems to be that this got mixed with the usual corporate non-answer stuff and made things look worse than they really were. I understand corporations will not answer certain questions, and so things like a user having a ticket out longer than covid really upsets users who feel that the backlog for their CP2077 stuff could draw out a whole year. Worse yet for someone who made a more recent non-2077 purchase 'cause CP2077 stuff is naturally viewed as a priority.
There are other improvements in the works too - one related to refunds will launch literally later this week.
That sounds like an interesting way to fix things in situations where we effectively get catfished by a dev. I had a recent experience where this was going on in a game where a dev mislead it's customer base. Should've read the reviews, though. However, the reviews were chock full of people who were not pleased by this (no, it wasn't CP2077, either). A decent system for refunds that could address this could help prevent issues like the CP2077 one and the No Man's Sky thing from blowing up like they did again.
Cifer84: These facts and numbers about GOG are very interesting, thanks for sharing.

I hope that you don't put the focus too much on new games in the future, but on bringing back good old games.
We hunt for every good old game we can secure. Even when the rights situation might seem obvious there might be other obstacles. Some people don’t want to release their older games at all or don’t want to do it on GOG in particular. Still, this doesn’t mean that we stop trying and asking them almost as often as you ask us.
Has gog ever considered waiving the monthly listing fee? I understand that not only is piracy a concern (i've talked to some devs and they do note that GOG versions are being pirated, even if DRM doesn't prevent piracy, it's worth noting that not all devs are logical in that way), but I've heard tell that devs are getting charged a fee to have their games on GOG even if no sales occur that month, making GOG a net loss for them, which would mean that any corporate devs would be forced to delist for legal reasons (fiduciary responsibility).
high rated
(my previous feedback)

Another bit of feedback:

Work with devs and pubs to fix your reputation for severely-delayed patches; if I bought new games, I probably wouldn't buy them here. Personally, when it comes to "second-class citizen" stuff, patches/fixes would be the most important to me (compared to missing multiplayer, achievements, etc. compared to Steam version)
Leroux: I was talking about the birth date in the account setting here on GOG.
Ah... ok.

emter_pl: Since we don't track offline users, we can't give you precise numbers on them. We can only estimate based on the volume of data being downloaded outside of GOG GALAXY. One estimate like that some time ago pointed towards ~5% of all downloads. At the same time, you can download backups through the app too, and the overall volume of data doesn't indicate the actual number of users using this feature, so please don't treat it as anything official nor verified.
Yeah, that's pretty hard to guess. Especially since offline-users need to download the game only once (unless there are patches) while Galaxy users tend to redownload any game they re-install.
timppu: Well I was lying a bit. I think I have played maybe even 1% of the games I have on GOG (either the GOG version or some other).

Mathematics is so hard.
Cavalary: Was wondering if you really played less than one fifth of one game :)
Well, phuck. Even that is too low, 10% is probably closer to the truth, to be honest, considering there are so many very old GOG classics that I already played back in the day, and that "having played" may just mean I just ran a game for 10 minutes (not e.g. necessarily having finished all the games).

I guess I just wanted to add a dramatic effect to my original message.
Post edited April 29, 2021 by timppu
emter_pl: Since we don't track offline users, we can't give you precise numbers on them. We can only estimate based on the volume of data being downloaded outside of GOG GALAXY. One estimate like that some time ago pointed towards ~5% of all downloads. At the same time, you can download backups through the app too, and the overall volume of data doesn't indicate the actual number of users using this feature, so please don't treat it as anything official nor verified.
No, by all means, I totally understand it's not easy in that regard. I was just thinking more in the line of how many one-time activated / started to downloading the offline files on the site vs those through Galaxy, sort of a download counter we saw on these early homepages... It wouldn't, again, tell the whole truth, but would be interesting nonetheless.

But thanks for answering and being candor about it.
pds41: The problem is that if you have people working remotely from a different country, you then run in to massive tax issues - even within the EU. Have an employee (not a freelancer) working in a different EU country? You've probably just created a permanent establishment there and now need to register for tax as well as meet any filing requirements in that country. As a company, you can end up with doing a local tax submission, statistical returns, statutory accounts (especially if local rules mean you end up with a branch) - all of which costs a lot of money and work to deal with. This is before we get in to the personal taxation issues on the employees working cross border. I'm also imagining that there are decent incentives to employ people in Poland that CDP can take.

Any sensible company will hire people in their country of registration if they can and only look abroad if they really can't find someone locally.

I'm not saying these problems are insurmountable, especially if you decide to throw money at them. However, this is likely to be the reason behind wanting someone who will move to Poland.
I'm no expert in international laws / tax laws, but withing the EU/EEA I don't think it's that much of a deal, or even remotely difficult. I mean, the EU have treaties that allow, and to smooth the free-flow of work force and products between the countries. I imagine the UK would now be in a different situation right now. The Schengen treaty alone makes it possible for a person to travel passport-free between the countries (though, this "corona-situation" makes that even more difficult).

I know of people who have made their own one-man company and are essentially leasing themselves/company out to other companies and makes great money of it. In Norway this would mean that the company that are buying the first company's services would pay less taxes, and more responsibility would be on the other company (to keep books and affairs in order and pay taxes directly themselves).

Besides, paying normal tax (not employee-tax that the employer pays locally) to the other country would mean less money to health/sickness coverage, and pension in the "mother-land" (at least that's how we do it in Scandinavia).

And yes, I've seen a lot of these big companies giving out "carrots" for those willing to travel to another country. I was even a little tempted to move to Ireland to work in IBM or even to Spain as a consultant, but being tied to my gf, house and family effectively made that impossible. If only I were younger and "untied"... ;)

EDIT: GREAT! After 15 minutes I only now realized that the forum refuses to accept those three last characters in my language... *facepalm*.
Post edited April 29, 2021 by sanscript
high rated
Galaxy is a horrible way to back-up installers, especially if you have lots of games. But as long gogrepo keeps working, I'm happy :)
high rated
kohlrak: Has gog ever considered waiving the monthly listing fee?
There are no fees for listing, releasing, or selling games on GOG. We only share specific operational costs with partners based on the mutually agreed individual contracts, which are confidential.
It would be great if any of the blues would shed some light on these matters.
Are there any plans in place for improving the forums? Or should we expect more of the same in the future? Take for instance the broken notification status, that "purple ball" as it was called a while back.
Also, regarding the status of the offline installers, will they get the same level of attention/maintenance as Galaxy does? In other words, will they be up to par and updated constantly or are we to expect an inferior product (see delays, changelogs, etc.)
Finally, are we going to see Galaxy under Linux as well?
patrikc: A thought occurs: mods can edit posts, but they cannot edit quoted text. So, is there any sense to it? If you're going to edit, might as well edit everything. Don't get me wrong, I do not condone the use of bad language no matter the situation, but editing solves absolutely nothing. If anything, that is going to annoy users even more. Think of something else, surely there are options out there.
SJW censorship that's acting outside the forums code of conduct is going to annoy a lot more gog users.