It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Snowslinger: I am not going to buy another game here, unless one of the following happens:
1. The online always DRM restricting SINGLEPLAYER content is removed from the HITMAN game.
2. The HITMAN game is removed from the store completely.
Elmofongo: The 2nd part I doubt is ever going to happen
Second part however unlikely is more possible than first, because IO would have to make massive changes to their 5-year old game for that to be possible and that they will never do, or allow GOG to do it and that too will never happen!
Eidskogian: I think I'll join in on the GOG boycott. One company which they let abuse their users is Paradox. For the last three major releases of Stellaris, there's been a seemingly intentional release of buggy or incomplete builds for the offline installers.

For this latest release, 3.1 'Lem', I've brought the problem to the attention of GOG over a week ago and they haven't even deigned to reply to my support email with anything other than a bot which says that they are behind on support emails.

I"ve bought over 150 games from GOG over 8 years and this is the first post I've felt I've had to make. I'm hopping mad about the contempt they and some of their publishers are now showing all of us customers.
Well said. Welcome aboard.
I've bought over 500 games on GOG supporting their DRM-free commitment. Most of those are in backlog so I'm good for years. I'm ok with boycotting once my wallet money is gone. I'm not going to continue to support a company whose only draw (even if I had to wait years for a game to appear here) was that games sold were DRM-free and I could play them all from the desktop after installing with Offline Installers.

The beginning of the end was when GOG decided they needed a launcher, too (and all the online things that become part of launchers). It's been a good run, but it appears the road forks here and we go our separate ways.
Post edited September 23, 2021 by rtwjunkie
low rated
apehater: is it just me or is gog pushed pretty hard to the wall (financially)? i mean otherwise they just wouldn't release hitman goty in that state
Not really. Their financials showed that it was mostly a fair expansion for the previous financial year.
high rated
The Hitman release is the last straw. I have over 800 games on GOG. I will no longer spend money here. If I am going to buy DRM games, I may as well buy them at a superior store. I will post my receipts from other stores here when I buy a game I would have bought on GOG.

Games I would have purchased here:
Medieval Dynasty $27.99 (discounted 20%)
Post edited September 24, 2021 by paladin181
paladin181: The Hitman release is the last straw. I have over 800 games on GOG. I will no longer spend money here. If I am going to buy DRM games, I may as well buy them at a superior store. I will post my receipts from other stores here when I buy a game I would have bought on GOG.

Welcome aboard.
GlorFindel: Second part however unlikely is more possible than first, because IO would have to make massive changes to their 5-year old game for that to be possible and that they will never do, or allow GOG to do it and that too will never happen!
Someone posted in the other Hitman thread that apparently there are user-made patches that can liberate the locked content. If so, it doesn't seem like it would be too difficult technically for the developer to change (if they wanted to).

Darvond: Not really. Their financials showed that it was mostly a fair expansion for the previous financial year.
I thought the financials that were posted a couple of pages back showed that GOG has lost money in the first two quarters of this year?
paladin181: The Hitman release is the last straw. I have over 800 games on GOG. I will no longer spend money here. If I am going to buy DRM games, I may as well buy them at a superior store. I will post my receipts from other stores here when I buy a game I would have bought on GOG.

mrkgnao: Welcome aboard.
Is the book in your subtitle under your name your book?
Time4Tea: Someone posted in the other Hitman thread that apparently there are user-made patches that can liberate the locked content. If so, it doesn't seem like it would be too difficult technically for the developer to change (if they wanted to).

I thought the financials that were posted a couple of pages back showed that GOG has lost money in the first two quarters of this year?
Yes, but it wasn't a loss or expense, per se.
mrkgnao: Welcome aboard.
paladin181: Is the book in your subtitle under your name your book?
Yes, it is.
Post edited September 24, 2021 by mrkgnao
low rated
Agent 47 will pay a visit to every individual who is boycotting Hitman.
high rated
Cambrey: Agent 47 will pay a visit to every individual who is boycotting Hitman.
Nahh, only if he can find worldwide permanet internet connection :)
high rated
apehater: is it just me or is gog pushed pretty hard to the wall (financially)? i mean otherwise they just wouldn't release hitman goty in that state
Darvond: Not really. Their financials showed that it was mostly a fair expansion for the previous financial year.
Time4Tea: I thought the financials that were posted a couple of pages back showed that GOG has lost money in the first two quarters of this year?
Yes, GOG had a loss of 4 459 KPLN ~= 1.16M $ in H1 2021. GOG currently does seem to have bad profitability. They got 106 333 KPLN from sales. At most ~30% (31 900 KPLN) of that can be kept by GOG - the real rate is a bit lower than 30% actually. Putting those losses into relation to that: their costs are ~114% of their potential income from sales.

They have the problem that in Q2 2021 their sales tanked. See: https://www.gog.com/upload/forum/2021/09/5179f589a6e176182c8c58d6d585e27a2da28e46.png And as also can be seen in the image: Q3 sales are typically low so the expectation is that Q3 wont look any better. Now we are very close to the end of Q3. In light of this it is unsurprising that CDP/GOG management is being pushy with big new releases (such as the DRMed Hitman GOTY - see GOG bestselling ranking) as this may make those future Q3 numbers look better.

Source for numbers here: page 22: https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2021/09/consolidated-financial-statement-of-the-cd-projekt-group-for-h1-2021.pdf

Post with more details on H1 2021 GOG losses: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/boycotting_gog_2021/post2870
Post edited September 24, 2021 by Zrevnur
Put me on the list. I'm sick of gog lying about drm.
I'll not buy a thing here anymore
Post edited September 24, 2021 by LiefLayer
Boycott Log
2021-09-24 Medieval Dynasty $27.99 (discounted 20%)
2021-09-24 Encased Supporter Pack $44.96 (10% discount on Steam $40.46)
2021-09-29 Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain $6.99 (10% discount on GOG for $6.29)

Total lost sales: $78.94
Attachments:
Post edited September 30, 2021 by paladin181