It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

UPDATE: We've temporarily disabled the 3-D Secure authentication protocol as the implementation of new regulations has been delayed in some countries and not all banks yet support it. This way you shouldn't experience any inconveniences during debit and credit card payments.

We'd like to inform you that since today all card payments made in the GOG.COM store will be subject to a new 3-D Secure authentication protocol.

3-D Secure authentication requires additional confirmation of the transaction via your Bank's website or mobile app to prevent fraud in online credit and debit card payments. Thanks to this additional security measure, your personal data and money will be even safer than before.

In case of issues with completing your purchases with cards, please contact our Support team.
RoseLegion: I don't suppose anyone knows any workarounds for this other than Paysafe? Or more to the point any workarounds that don't require me to have physical cash (I usually don't), make a seperate trip to another physical location (I walk most places and work full time on top of school so that's a real burden for me) and know the exact amount of the charge beforehand?
Steal a credit card that works better? :P

Or try another bank.
RoseLegion: I don't suppose anyone knows any workarounds for this other than Paysafe? Or more to the point any workarounds that don't require me to have physical cash (I usually don't), make a seperate trip to another physical location (I walk most places and work full time on top of school so that's a real burden for me) and know the exact amount of the charge beforehand?
clarry: Steal a credit card that works better? :P

Or try another bank.
Well, it worked just fine at the start of the week ;)

Now the motto seems to be "Visa, it's everywhere but GOG" :P
(side note, the issues with Newegg that I outlined, despite being at least visually the same issues, were when I was with another back, or specifically a credit uinion, so it's sadly not a totally isolated problem :( )

EDIT: I haven't tried via Paypal in years (no need) but when I do now everything submits fine, however I get a payment failed message a few minutes later *sigh*

I know this isn't GOGs fault, they're subject to EU law and all, but dealing with this tripe is pretty vexing.

Up side is I guess it will make my payment details safer in the long run if I simply give up on trying to buy things :P
Post edited September 14, 2019 by RoseLegion
low rated
lets implement security that doesnt work right GJ
clarry: Steal a credit card that works better? :P

Or try another bank.
RoseLegion: Well, it worked just fine at the start of the week ;)

Now the motto seems to be "Visa, it's everywhere but GOG" :P
(side note, the issues with Newegg that I outlined, despite being at least visually the same issues, were when I was with another back, or specifically a credit uinion, so it's sadly not a totally isolated problem :( )

EDIT: I haven't tried via Paypal in years (no need) but when I do now everything submits fine, however I get a payment failed message a few minutes later *sigh*

I know this isn't GOGs fault, they're subject to EU law and all, but dealing with this tripe is pretty vexing.

Up side is I guess it will make my payment details safer in the long run if I simply give up on trying to buy things :P
yup EU law

checking my mail for game news for online browser games guess what i just found in my inbox:

Wichtiger Hinweis – Änderungen bei Online-Zahlungen innerhalb der EU ab heute gültig

Gameforge <gameforge@news.gameforge.com>

Starke Kundenauthentifizierung ab heute gültig
Ab heute unterliegen bankbasierte Zahlungsmethoden (z. B. Kreditkarten, SOFORT, Giropay, Online-Überweisungen etc.) in der EU und den EFTA-Staaten (Island, Norwegen, Liechtenstein) der Starken Kundenauthentifizierung im Rahmen der Payment Services Directive 2 (PSD2).
Was genau bedeutet das für dich?
Die Starke Kundenauthentifizierung bedeutet, dass deine Transaktionen über uns während des Zahlungsprozesses abhängig von deiner Zahlungsmethode einer zusätzlichen Authentifizierung unterliegen.
Dies bietet dir besseren Schutz bei Online-Transaktionen, indem sichergestellt wird, dass du der rechtmäßige Kontoinhaber bist.
Weitere Informationen zur Starken Kundenauthentifizierung erhältst du auf unserer FAQ-Seite.
Dein Gameforge-Team

and the beat goes on ..... ٩◔‿◔۶

i bet if i check my other browser games mail like from playa-games ( also a German company)

and if i would check my Dutch version of similar games ( EU) i would see the same message ... ٩◔‿◔۶

Anyway i am curious about Steam just waiting to see a mail similar to the ones above ٩◔‿◔۶

Now its a matter of time before were are only called Europeans and local id will be lost ( countries flag) ٩◔‿◔۶
Post edited September 14, 2019 by gamesfreak64
emter_pl: This new authentication protocol is for debit and credit cards issued by Banks only.

Paysafecard is neither - it's a different payment method with its own flow.
Maxvorstadt: Yay, that`s nice to read. No need to bother with such rdiculous authenticitation blablabla, Paysafecard ftw!!!
Thanx
On a side note: We should have known that something weird would happen, since today is friday the 13th! :-D
yes yesterday was 13th , i know the awfull movie, it was show dozens of times on tv ( almost infinite)
Anyway as long as paysafe works its okay.... it's my only way of buying ....
Maxvorstadt: Yay, that`s nice to read. No need to bother with such rdiculous authenticitation blablabla, Paysafecard ftw!!!
Thanx
On a side note: We should have known that something weird would happen, since today is friday the 13th! :-D
gamesfreak64: yes yesterday was 13th , i know the awfull movie, it was show dozens of times on tv ( almost infinite)
Well, here in Germany, friday the 13th is a bad omen day. There are really people, not many, who don`t even leave their home on friday the 13th, because of fear that something bad happens. :-D
gamesfreak64: yes yesterday was 13th , i know the awfull movie, it was show dozens of times on tv ( almost infinite)
Maxvorstadt: Well, here in Germany, friday the 13th is a bad omen day. There are really people, not many, who don`t even leave their home on friday the 13th, because of fear that something bad happens. :-D
i don't believe in omens ( btw also a horrible movie: The Omen)
but i never make a purchase on 13th :D
Maxvorstadt: Well, here in Germany, friday the 13th is a bad omen day. There are really people, not many, who don`t even leave their home on friday the 13th, because of fear that something bad happens. :-D
Yea roads were pretty empty yesterday evening when I was trying to get the paysafe card in the us, even the moon was full and orangy looking. Haha
ThorChild: It really boggles my mind why anyone would want to pay online for anything without using such a system.
Buying some kind of vouchers from a cornershop with cash? Sounds quite old-fashioned and cumbersome to me, especially for buying something online.

Not talking about you but this discussion in general: what's with the US banks anyway? They seem to be really behind times, constantly causing problems to Americans when they try to buy stuff abroad etc. etc. (like the earlier stories how some Americans couldn't buy from GOG.com because it was not located in US but in Europe).

One guy in this discussion even said his bank doesn't have any clue what this is about... if some bank (European or not) has not heard about PSD2 (Payment Services Directive #2) by this time, I think they shouldn't be working in the financing sector. It is like some electrician didn't know the terms AC and DC.
gamesfreak64: snip
You live in the Netherlands and get your news in German? Weird, I always thought that people from Netherlands speak Holländisch, not German. Now I`m confused.
gamesfreak64: i don't believe in omens ( btw also a horrible movie: The Omen)
Which one?

The 2006 remake? I didn't think that was particularly good.

I really liked the 1976 version as well as its two sequels. I haven't seen the fourth film (1991).
I checked my bank's website and for me it should be a simple SMS.

The wired article I shared here also said something about how you can "authorize" a shop so that you don't have to do this every single time. If one is required to "authorize" their purchase can't one tell their bank "I want every transaction from this shop authorized from here on out". It should be easy to do, even if you have to do it by speaking to customer service.

I think it said something like that.

GOG says if anyone has trouble with their orders not getting through they should contact their support service. Has anyone been successful with them? How's their service?
Maxvorstadt: Weird, I always thought that people from Netherlands speak Holländisch, not German. Now I`m confused.
Dutch.
Maxvorstadt: Weird, I always thought that people from Netherlands speak Holländisch, not German. Now I`m confused.
teceem: Dutch.
Well, that`s double Dutch for me!
Starmaker: seller against card fraud claims. It doesn't help the buyer at all. If your card data is stolen, the perp can use it in a place which doesn't have seller protection, so you're just as fucked
Ancient-Red-Dragon: That's inaccurate information. It doesn't matter one iota if your card data is stolen, because in that case you won't be liable for paying even one cent of any of the fraudulent charges which criminals illegally put onto it.
The problem is that with the introduction of such a security code here a few years ago (I have no idea if it had anything to do with the 3D code which is required now) they have changed the rules. Without the security code you could revert any transaction which you thought was invalid and the store or bank had to prove that the transaction was valid. With the security code they have reversed that, you have to prove that a transaction is invalid before you can revert it, which is almost impossible without full support from your bank. So the rules without the security code are much more customer friendly and the security code actually protects the store and the bank, not so much the customer.