It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

UPDATE: We've temporarily disabled the 3-D Secure authentication protocol as the implementation of new regulations has been delayed in some countries and not all banks yet support it. This way you shouldn't experience any inconveniences during debit and credit card payments.

We'd like to inform you that since today all card payments made in the GOG.COM store will be subject to a new 3-D Secure authentication protocol.

3-D Secure authentication requires additional confirmation of the transaction via your Bank's website or mobile app to prevent fraud in online credit and debit card payments. Thanks to this additional security measure, your personal data and money will be even safer than before.

In case of issues with completing your purchases with cards, please contact our Support team.
Your article states one of the exceptions. Purchasues under 30 Euros don't need any additional protection. So yes, it's relevant. The other thing mentioned in my article is that stores don't need to implement these things right on 14th of September.

MarkoH01: Not exactly true
https://www.sueddeutsche.de/wirtschaft/zahlungsverkehr-online-eu-richtlinie-1.4577357

(Sorry, could not find the english pendant)
Maxvorstadt: Bad Link, has an AdBlock Blocker, so not readable by people with an Ad-Blocker!
I know - had to deactivate ad blocker myself. However it is a great article and the only one I could find.

Most important part:

"Welche Ausnahmen gibt es?

Die Banken können es den Kunden leichter machen und die zwei Faktoren nur alle 90 Tage abfragen. Zudem gelten die Änderungen fürs Einkaufen im Internet nicht zwangsweise vom 14. September an. Die Finanzaufsicht Bafin hat den Händlern eine Übergangsfrist gewährt. Wer mit Kreditkarte bezahlt, muss sich vorerst nicht mit zwei Faktoren authentifizieren. Wann die neue Regelung endgültig greifen wird, will die Bafin noch mitteilen. Beim Online-Shopping wird es darüber hinaus eine sogenannte Whitelist geben. Darauf können Kunden einige Verkäufer setzen, bei denen sie oft einkaufen. Genehmigt die Bank das, entfällt die Zwei-Faktor-Authentifizierung beim Einkauf dort. Wem all das zu kompliziert ist, hat immer noch die Möglichkeit, per Rechnung oder Lastschrift zu bezahlen. Bei Einkäufen unter 30 Euro greifen die neuen Maßnahmen ebenfalls nicht."
Post edited September 13, 2019 by MarkoH01
Wow Now Banks want to kill GOG. I do not have nor will have banking apps on my mobile phone *major security risk*. I do not have a cellular plan because paying for my In house phone is expensive enough. So now I can't even buy games from you guys. What the actual fck! You're being played GOG big time! in a self destructive way. It's maybe time for Poland to part ways with The European Union and work peacfully with you eastern and southern family.

Don't be naive is my point.
MarkoH01: Your article states one of the exceptions. Purchasues under 30 Euros don't need any additional protection. So yes, it's relevant. The other thing mentioned in my article is that stores don't need to implement these things right on 14th of September.

Maxvorstadt: Bad Link, has an AdBlock Blocker, so not readable by people with an Ad-Blocker!
MarkoH01: I know - had to deactivate ad blocker myself. However it is a great article and the only one I could find.

Most important part:

"Welche Ausnahmen gibt es?

Die Banken können es den Kunden leichter machen und die zwei Faktoren nur alle 90 Tage abfragen. Zudem gelten die Änderungen fürs Einkaufen im Internet nicht zwangsweise vom 14. September an. Die Finanzaufsicht Bafin hat den Händlern eine Übergangsfrist gewährt. Wer mit Kreditkarte bezahlt, muss sich vorerst nicht mit zwei Faktoren authentifizieren. Wann die neue Regelung endgültig greifen wird, will die Bafin noch mitteilen. Beim Online-Shopping wird es darüber hinaus eine sogenannte Whitelist geben. Darauf können Kunden einige Verkäufer setzen, bei denen sie oft einkaufen. Genehmigt die Bank das, entfällt die Zwei-Faktor-Authentifizierung beim Einkauf dort. Wem all das zu kompliziert ist, hat immer noch die Möglichkeit, per Rechnung oder Lastschrift zu bezahlen. Bei Einkäufen unter 30 Euro greifen die neuen Maßnahmen ebenfalls nicht."
But nothing about if Paysafecards are affected by this or not. Hm..
novumZ: Wow Now Banks want to kill GOG. I do not have nor will have banking apps on my mobile phone *major security risk*. I do not have a cellular plan because paying for my In house phone is expensive enough. So now I can't even buy games from you guys. What the actual fck! You're being played GOG big time! in a self destructive way. It's maybe time for Poland to part ways with The European Union and work peacfully with you eastern and southern family.

Don't be naive is my point.
Won't help as long as GOG tries to SELL anything to EU customers as well. Stupid regulation I agree but it has nothing to do with GOG it's just another one of those stupid EU rules nobody ever wanted to have in the first place.
if you are having problems and use something that will block say scripts or iframes check you have allowed the server that your bank/visa uses for the additional checks

Also if you are needing a cellular/mobile phone its your banks fault maybe find one that allows other means to verify.
Post edited September 13, 2019 by Cusith
Maxvorstadt: But nothing about if Paysafecards are affected by this or not. Hm..
I don't even know how these are working. The moment you buy something (>30 Euro) and have to access your credit card the additional step should take place.
Just bought two games via credit card and everything worked like ever. No additional apps or codes needed. Seems my bank is handling it just fine.
Maxvorstadt: But nothing about if Paysafecards are affected by this or not. Hm..
MarkoH01: I don't even know how these are working. The moment you buy something (>30 Euro) and have to access your credit card the additional step should take place.
Thing is, Paysafecard is only a code, like the cards you use to load money on your prepaid phone. So it is simply not possible to authenticitate/verify your Paysafecard, other then typing in the code on it.
PaterAlf: Just bought two games via credit card and everything worked like ever. No additional apps or codes needed. Seems my bank is handling it just fine.
I doubt it but today is the 13th of Sepember and not the 14th of September ;)

MarkoH01: I don't even know how these are working. The moment you buy something (>30 Euro) and have to access your credit card the additional step should take place.
Maxvorstadt: Thing is, Paysafecard is only a code, like the cards you use to load money on your prepaid phone. So it is simply not possible to authenticitate/verify your Paysafecard, other then typing in the code on it.
Maybe they will verify it whenever you "load" the card then?
eiii: I love GOG's information "strategy", as always. No information in advance, no warning, nothing at all. We just have changed something, it already went online, in case you haven't recognize it yourself...
1) Is it really already online?
2) You should have been informed by your bank about it.
PaterAlf: Just bought two games via credit card and everything worked like ever. No additional apps or codes needed. Seems my bank is handling it just fine.
MarkoH01: I doubt it but today is the 13th of Sepember and not the 14th of September ;)

Maxvorstadt: Thing is, Paysafecard is only a code, like the cards you use to load money on your prepaid phone. So it is simply not possible to authenticitate/verify your Paysafecard, other then typing in the code on it.
MarkoH01: Maybe they will verify it whenever you "load" the card then?
Well, I buy the card and when I buy something on GoG it redirects me to Paysafe, there I type in the code from the card, and then it redirects me back to GoG and I get the message that the game is now in my library.
MarkoH01: I doubt it but today is the 13th of Sepember and not the 14th of September ;)

Maybe they will verify it whenever you "load" the card then?
Maxvorstadt: Well, I buy the card and when I buy something on GoG it redirects me to Paysafe, there I type in the code from the card, and then it redirects me back to GoG and I get the message that the game is now in my library.
I guess the verification (as soon as it has been implemented) will take place after redirection to Paysafe then - but's that's just one possibility. We will have to wait and see.

Those stupid EU regulations are really annoying. I am for Ger-xit ... who is with me? ;)
Just bought 2 games with paysafecard, don't have a credit card and i only used paysafecard on this store, but it still works like it was supposed to. It redirects you to paysafecard site enter code agree with the some agreement and press pay.

Well i have a normal mobile phone and not a smartphone so no apps since no internet is activated on phone if i would have a credit card. And my bank is not an owner of paysafecards i believe.
high rated
This new authentication protocol is for debit and credit cards issued by Banks only.

Paysafecard is neither - it's a different payment method with its own flow.
Post edited September 13, 2019 by emter_pl
MarkoH01: I doubt it but today is the 13th of Sepember and not the 14th of September ;).
So I'll try it again tomorrow. I already have an app on my phone that will let me do one-click-conformation of credit card purchases or let me create confirmation codes while offline. Bank said I'll need it some months ago, but so far it never was the case.
emter_pl: This new authentication protocol is for debit and credit cards only.

Paysafecard is neither - it's a different payment method with its own flow.
In case you have not noticed. Please keep in mind that the additional step only needs to take place for purchases >30 Euros. (See links above).