It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

UPDATE: We've temporarily disabled the 3-D Secure authentication protocol as the implementation of new regulations has been delayed in some countries and not all banks yet support it. This way you shouldn't experience any inconveniences during debit and credit card payments.

We'd like to inform you that since today all card payments made in the GOG.COM store will be subject to a new 3-D Secure authentication protocol.

3-D Secure authentication requires additional confirmation of the transaction via your Bank's website or mobile app to prevent fraud in online credit and debit card payments. Thanks to this additional security measure, your personal data and money will be even safer than before.

In case of issues with completing your purchases with cards, please contact our Support team.
Would love to see some Apple Pay support on Safari
Doesn't change anything for paypal, right?
okay, so how does this effect me when I'm purchasing?
do I need to take any actual extra steps?
tinyE: okay, so how does this effect me when I'm purchasing?
In my case it requires me to provide a security code sent by a text message. No idea how it works in other parts of the world.
high rated
Hope this isn't going to be hugely inconvenient for people who don't have a mobile phone.
InkPanther: In my case it requires me to provide a security code sent by a text message. No idea how it works in other parts of the world.
I can't text. XD
This is in reaction to the recent EU regulation that all card payments have to have 2 factor authentication. And since GOG is based in EU, I think it will affect everyone even outside of EU.
InkPanther: In my case it requires me to provide a security code sent by a text message. No idea how it works in other parts of the world.
tinyE: I can't text. XD
Don't text and drive!

I mean, they send me a text message with a code I'm supposed to type in a browser.
idbeholdME: This is in reaction to the recent EU regulation that all card payments have to have 2 factor authentication. And since GOG is based in EU, I think it will affect everyone even outside of EU.
That's fine, but I live in a dead zone. I don't have a mobile phone, and even if I did, it wouldn't work,

I suppose I could sell the B&B and move. :D
Post edited September 13, 2019 by tinyE
idbeholdME: This is in reaction to the recent EU regulation that all card payments have to have 2 factor authentication. And since GOG is based in EU, I think it will affect everyone even outside of EU.
tinyE: That's fine, but I live in a dead zone. I don't have a mobile phone, and even if I did, it wouldn't work,
A postman will deliver your code next week. :P
tinyE: That's fine, but I live in a dead zone. I don't have a mobile phone, and even if I did, it wouldn't work,
InkPanther: A postman will deliver your code next week. :P
There HAS to be an alternative.
tinyE: There HAS to be an alternative.
Sure...racing pigeons.
InkPanther: A postman will deliver your code next week. :P
Perhaps it will transfer you to your Bank's website like the news says? I don't really know how it works.

Maybe a kind staff member could shed some more light on this. ;)
Post edited September 13, 2019 by InkPanther
BreOl72: Sure...racing pigeons.
Can we be serious for a second! :P

Besides. there are no pigeons up here.
It would have to be carrier salmon.