It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HypersomniacLive: And today, I no longer get any sort of notifications from BE. This on Firefox 52.5.2 ESR and Greasemonkey 3.17.

Anyone else?
I was still shown my game updates but I am on the last "normal" firefox version.
MarkoH01: I was still shown my game updates but I am on the last "normal" firefox version.
Hmm... not sure that helps, but cheers either way. Going to do some Greasemonkey troubleshooting, then try with Tampermonkey, and see how that goes.
I'm testing on old Firefox with GreaseMonkey 2.17 too and all the notifications (both the script's ones and the website's own) are working for me. I wonder what's happening.
Oops, I mean GreaseMonkey 3.17 :p
HypersomniacLive: Hmm... not sure that helps, but cheers either way. Going to do some Greasemonkey troubleshooting, then try with Tampermonkey, and see how that goes.
I wonder if there was an exception somewhere. Could you look in your browser console (press Ctrl+Shift+J) and see if there are any error messages coming from "Barefoot_Essentials_for_GOGcom.user.js". If you spot any just send them to me in chat.

Come to think about it, it's probably a good idea to open the Barefoot Essentials options from the "About" menu on the site and double check that the alerts you are looking for are enabled. They'll be in the "Navigation bar" section.
Barefoot_Monkey: Oops, I mean GreaseMonkey 3.17 :p
I wonder if there was an exception somewhere. Could you look in your browser console (press Ctrl+Shift+J) and see if there are any error messages coming from "Barefoot_Essentials_for_GOGcom.user.js". If you spot any just send them to me in chat.

Come to think about it, it's probably a good idea to open the Barefoot Essentials options from the "About" menu on the site and double check that the alerts you are looking for are enabled. They'll be in the "Navigation bar" section.
The first thing I did was to check if the alerts were still enabled (even though I've not messed with any of the settings for a good while now). And I just checked the console, nothing related to "Barefoot_Essentials_for_GOGcom.user.js".

I do get the native alerts, but none of the BE ones. Everything else BE is working as intended.

Going to restore a profile backup from a few days ago, and if that doesn't help, will try Tampermonkey.
Barefoot_Monkey: Oops, I mean GreaseMonkey 3.17 :p

Tampermonkey didn't recognise any of my installed scripts, so that was a bust.

Now I'm on my test Firefox (min add-ons and scripts), and BE works as intended. Still have to figure out what's gone south with my regular Firefox and profile. But I'm done with the troubleshooting for now, GOG's giving me the CAPTCHA treatment from all the Firefox restarts and logging in.
hmm, perhaps i should have looked earlier in here , it seems my Scripts for GoG (Barefoot and Adalia) are not working anymore.
I don't get the Blue sign when a game is updated in my Games Library and also when i want to download a game i need to change the Installer from Galaxy to Classic from Hand.
Also i don't find the "settings" Tab in my "Games" Tab neither for Barefoot nor Adalia as before.

So, i have Grease Monkey 4.1 , and the scripts should be Up to date.
Should i try to deinstall and reinstall the scripts?
I use Firefox and did not change anything in it (did not install any new addons or changed anything else).
Or do i have to do something else to get the scripts back to work?

Oh, and thanks again for all your hard work.
Have a happy Christmas. ;)

Edit:
Okay i found the Problem.
Grease Monkey update to 4.1 did break the scripts, so i rolled Grease monkey back to 3.17 and deacticated the automatic updates and now everything works fine again.

Have a nice Christmas everyone.
Post edited December 23, 2017 by Godfather101
Godfather101: hmm, perhaps i should have looked earlier in here , it seems my Scripts for GoG (Barefoot and Adalia) are not working anymore.
I don't get the Blue sign when a game is updated in my Games Library and also when i want to download a game i need to change the Installer from Galaxy to Classic from Hand.
Also i don't find the "settings" Tab in my "Games" Tab neither for Barefoot nor Adalia as before.

So, i have Grease Monkey 4.1 , and the scripts should be Up to date.
Should i try to deinstall and reinstall the scripts?
I use Firefox and did not change anything in it (did not install any new addons or changed anything else).
Or do i have to do something else to get the scripts back to work?

Oh, and thanks again for all your hard work.
Have a happy Christmas. ;)
Hi Godfather101. I should probably update the first post with this. Basically from GreaseMonkey 4.0 onward they changed their API so that existing scripts no longer work. I've made a port to the new GM 4 API but I still need to work around some aspects of the new security model. It hopefully won't be too much longer before it's working properly again.

In the meantime, you can do one of 2 things to get the script back immediately:
- Downgrade GreaseMonkey to version 3.17 (this won't work on Firefox 57 though)
- or, install Tampermonkey, which supports existing Greasemonkey scripts and works on the latest Firefox

Edit:
Heh, I see you found the solution while I was typing. Nice work. Merry Christmas to you too.
Post edited December 23, 2017 by Barefoot_Monkey
Thanks for the answer.
I already found the Solution in the Adalia Thread (and edited my post).
I did downgrade GreaseMonkey to version 3.17 and did deactivate the auto update, so everything works fine now.

I think i'll keep it this way until it is save to activate the auto update without screwing up the scripts every month (or how often a grease monkey update does get available).

Keep up the goord work, and thanks.
Barefoot_Monkey: Basically from GreaseMonkey 4.0 onward they changed their API so that existing scripts no longer work. I've made a port to the new GM 4 API but I still need to work around some aspects of the new security model. It hopefully won't be too much longer before it's working properly again.
As Greasemonkey 4 breaks all my scripts I'll stick to Greasemonkey 3.17. Will BE still be compatible with the old Greasemonkey or do I need to switch to Tampermonkey to get compatibility with old and new user scripts?
eiii: As Greasemonkey 4 breaks all my scripts I'll stick to Greasemonkey 3.17. Will BE still be compatible with the old Greasemonkey or do I need to switch to Tampermonkey to get compatibility with old and new user scripts?
I plan to keep it compatible with GM 3.17 until we get to a point where hardly anyone is still using it. (Tampermonkey, Violentmonkey and Scriptish also count as Greasemonkey 3.17 for compatibility purposes - they haven't moved to Greasemonkey's new APIs yet and might not for quite some time)
Does anybody else also see this glitch rendering the last post of the Quake IV release thread with BE and quick post enabled?

All other scripts are disabled. Without BE the page looks normal.
Attachments:
be.png (101 Kb)
vanilla.png (109 Kb)
eiii: Without BE the page looks normal.
Not quite, the posts are off-center. Some kind of a forum bug.
eiii: Without BE the page looks normal.
plagren: Not quite, the posts are off-center. Some kind of a forum bug.
Oh, you are right. I didn't see that. So it's yet another glitch of GOG's forum software...

Edit:
Perhaps the forum software cannot handle the all caps quote tags in Turbotobi's post as the page is scrambled starting with that post.
Post edited December 27, 2017 by eiii
Yes, eiii has it spot-on. It looks like the forum is falling over quote tags in capital letters. It reads the closing QUOTE tag but not the opening one, throwing everything off from that point on. The forum treats Torbotobi's post as the final one on the page and all others after that are floating in limbo. Thanks for spotting it - I'll send a message to support and leave it to the web devs.