It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We’ve started our Winter Sale a week ago, besides more than 6000 amazing discounts up to -90%, so far we’ve had: great new releases like Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun (-32%), special SEGA Bundles ( Warhammer 40K and Endless™), Wartales, Pirates of Belerion, Phantasie Memorial Set, pre-order of Tomb Raider I-III Remastered, two giveaways, and other cool stuff!

But we’re not done in any way – today, we present a very special deal…

Baldur’s Gate 3 is discounted for the first time ever, allowing you to experience the award-winning, already iconic RPG masterpiece while saving 10%!

This story-rich, party-based RPG is set in the universe of Dungeons & Dragons and was brought to us by the one and only Larian Studios. It’s a tale of fellowship and betrayal, sacrifice and survival, and the lure of absolute power that has taken the industry by storm, showing that true passion for games will always prevail.

At this point, Baldur’s Gate 3 doesn’t need a longer introduction. It’s one of the best games of the decade, if not of all time. If you haven’t already, grab this gem of a game and see for yourself just how much a video game can transcend the boundaries of digital and real world and take you on an adventure you’ll never forget.

And if you already spent hundreds of hours in the Forgotten Realms (like most of us at GOG did) then it will be a perfect holiday present to gift to your loved ones.

Enjoy the very best that gaming has to offer. Baldur’s Gate 3 is 10% off!
twillight, Larian is AAA since Tencent entered the game and they put a huge amount of money and people in the project.
No games is worth more than 30-35 bucks, even the most expensive AAA game. This game is as overpriced as any other AAA one. Finished or not, that's not the question. The price-quality ratio is way below any good game around 15-25 bucks when a AAA is over 30-35 bucks.

BG3 is far from the best of the genre Sanuku. And I don't care about GOTY as I don't care about literature price of the year. Prices are not about price-quality ratio, or even game mechanics quality (because to be clear, 5th D&D ruleset is pretty bad, so a game based on this won't be very good, especially without a dungeon creator to compensate the quality of the used ruleset, and BG3 doesn't even have that).
Post edited December 21, 2023 by JeanMich
Breja: Maybe it's just a joke going over my head, but why would you buy it at all if you're not going to play it?
You can buy something as a collector, not only as gamer. Besides, I really like Divinity: Original Sin 1 (and Baldur's Gate 2, but that's the other topic) and want to support Larian.
Mori_Yuki: Terminator: Resistance is now on sale on St. Elsewhere with a -60% discount, tempting. I would rather love to buy it here, with all the other games currently in the basket, so act fast, GOG, or my money for it goes their way instead of yours. You have 1 week! ;-)
eric5h5: GOG can't unilaterally apply discounts to games. The way sales typically work is that the store says to publishers "hey we're having a sale from (start date) to (end date), if you want to participate then respond with the discount you want." Publishers control prices, not GOG.
Of course, they can't, but have they ever approached Reef and asked them to participate in one of GOG's promo events?

If I had to suggest a discount rate, I would say at least 60%, and it would still be more expensive here. That's something I don't care for because the difference is rather small, and it's not significant enough to make me choose to buy it on Steam just because they are a tiny bit cheaper.

And just to clarify, I don't threaten not to buy anything here if they fail to offer a discount for T:R. It's just that, even with a discount, I will likely have to remove one of the other games currently in the basket without risking exceeding my budget.
Post edited December 21, 2023 by Mori_Yuki
twillight: You should also appreciate this is a complete and finished game.
Breja: Is it? Have they stopped patching it?
Is the game an incomplete mess, like the release-version of Cubyerpunk 2077, Pokemon Scarlet&Violet etc?
Is there a major addition coming, like an entire class is missing or such?
No?
Than the game is complete and playable. Still can be improved with patches, but any future patch after the release-version is not mandatory, unlike for the true triple-A games nowdays (some of which are abandoned before the major patches would even come out).
What worth more the 60$ price: this, or the next FIFA/Call of Duty/Pokemon/Assasins Creed/Bethesda-whatever, which will be the exact same game as the previous only entirely broken, or Baldur's gate 3?

If there is a game that worth a 60$ price nowdays - that's BG3.
JeanMich: twillight, Larian is AAA since Tencent entered the game and they put a huge amount of money and people in the project.
No games is worth more than 30-35 bucks, even the most expensive AAA game. This game is as overpriced as any other AAA one. Finished or not, that's not the question. The price-quality ratio is way below any good game around 15-25 bucks when a AAA is over 30-35 bucks.

BG3 is far from the best of the genre Sanuku. And I don't care about GOTY as I don't care about literature price of the year. Prices are not about price-quality ratio, or even game mechanics quality (because to be clear, 5th D&D ruleset is pretty bad, so a game based on this won't be very good, especially without a dungeon creator to compensate the quality of the used ruleset, and BG3 doesn't even have that).
1) Each quality is subjective; 2) perceived quality of ruleset has very little to do with perceived quality of dungeon/game, because not even the greatest ruleset in the world will make shite non-shite unless you are a crazy fan of particular ruleset; 3) as far as I understand, BG3 is DnD 5E in name only.
Breja: Maybe it's just a joke going over my head, but why would you buy it at all if you're not going to play it?
Mafwek: You can buy something as a collector, not only as gamer.
Yeah, but a digital copy? I mean, you do you, but I don't really see digital stuff as any sort of "collectibles".

Mafwek: Besides, I really like Divinity: Original Sin 1 (and Baldur's Gate 2, but that's the other topic) and want to support Larian.
I think buying extra copies of D:OS1 as gifts would make more sense in that case.

But it's your money, none of my business how you spend it. And if an icon for BG3 on your virtual GOG shelf makes you happy... I guess I made worse purchases with games I actually played :D

twillight: Is the game an incomplete mess, like the release-version of Cubyerpunk 2077, Pokemon Scarlet&Violet etc?
No?
Than the game is complete and playable. Still can be improved with patches, but any future patch after the release-version is not mandatory, unlike for the true triple-A games nowdays (some of which are abandoned before the major patches would even come out).
What worth more the 60$ price: this, or the next FIFA/Call of Duty/Pokemon/Assasins Creed/Bethesda-whatever, which will be the exact same game as the previous only entirely broken, or Baldur's gate 3?

Chill out, dude, it was an honest question, I wasn't attacking the game or arguing it's worth. I haven't played BG3, haven't bought it, so I was just genuinely curious if they're actually done with post release fixes.
Post edited December 22, 2023 by Breja
twillight: If there is a game that worth a 60$ price nowdays - that's BG3.
I would say Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, but I don't want to give fucking Activision 60$.
Breja: ... I guess I made worse purchases with games I actually played :D
I sure as hell did - gave Todd 10€ for Fallout 4, and I still fill robbed.
Post edited December 22, 2023 by Mafwek
Mori_Yuki: Of course, they can't, but have they ever approached Reef and asked them to participate in one of GOG's promo events?

And just to clarify, I don't threaten not to buy anything here if they fail to offer a discount for T:R. It's just that, even with a discount, I will likely have to remove one of the other games currently in the basket without risking exceeding my budget.
I don't think GoG wants, or should be the cheapest.
And if you don't want it at full price, you shouldn't buy it on a discount either as they say.

twillight: If there is a game that worth a 60$ price nowdays - that's BG3.
Mafwek: I would say Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, but I don't want to give fucking Activision 60$.
You must be joking. That game is both ancient, and wasn't that good the first place. (it's 10 bucks currently, so go there and buy it if it worth 60 to you)
Post edited December 22, 2023 by twillight
twillight: Is the game an incomplete mess, like the release-version of Cubyerpunk 2077, Pokemon Scarlet&Violet etc?
No?

With this mindset you might as well wait for the physical edition that will come out next year tbh
Post edited December 22, 2023 by Knightspace
Mafwek: I would say Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, but I don't want to give fucking Activision 60$.
twillight: You must be joking. That game is both ancient, and wasn't that good the first place. (it's 10 bucks currently, so go there and buy it if it worth 60 to you)
I am not joking, and I don't see how it being ancient has anything to do with price tag. As good as Baldur's Gate 3 is (it's just improved Divinity: Original Sin with different kind of shitty story), it's nowhere near as good as Bloodlines. But as I said, I am not giving fucking Activison 60$ because they are scum, I did give Larian 54€ for Divinity: Original Sin 2 though.
What's killing me it's the lack of cloud saves on a game this big. It doesn't show on store page and I asked a guy who owns it on GOG : there is not, yet.
The price is significantly above what I'm used to pay, but the game is critically acclaimed and it seems they may be among the only ones that still cares about offline multiplayer: https://www.gog.com/forum/baldurs_gate_3/does_this_have_lan_no_online_needed_coop

Its getting more infrequent for indies to pay attention to that detail, nevermind critically acclaimed AA/AAA games.

I'll have to think about it. One thing is certain, this game seems more attractive to me at 70$CAD than Cyberpunk at 40$CAD with their DLCs and extras and whatnot that they can't even manage to make drm-free. Cyberpunk will wait for a discount that puts it under 20$, that's for sure.
Post edited December 22, 2023 by Magnitus
twillight: You must be joking. That game is both ancient, and wasn't that good the first place. (it's 10 bucks currently, so go there and buy it if it worth 60 to you)
Mafwek: I am not joking, and I don't see how it being ancient has anything to do with price tag.
Games typically decrease in price overtime. I remember when Arkham Knight was a $70 title. Now it's going for $30. The only company that doesn't do this is Nintendo.
Mafwek: You can buy something as a collector, not only as gamer.
Breja: Yeah, but a digital copy? I mean, you do you, but I don't really see digital stuff as any sort of "collectibles".
I am pretty sure many here are not just gamer but also collectors. I sure are among the collectors as well. Of course I hope that I'll also play the games I purchase here but I am pretty sure I won't be able to play everything I bought in my lifetime ... but I still like to have it in my collection - I also try to get every game of one franchise which also is sth. only a collector would do. I am sure you can collect everything if you are a collector at heart. A guy I once knew collected originally packaged CPUs he never used ... so yes, why not?
Post edited December 22, 2023 by MarkoH01
UNgarsUN: What's killing me it's the lack of cloud saves on a game this big. It doesn't show on store page and I asked a guy who owns it on GOG : there is not, yet.
Strange... PCGamingWiki states otherwise. Although they say some sort of activation in the "Options" menu is needed. Maybe one needs a Larian online account or something.
Attachments: