It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We’ve started our Winter Sale a week ago, besides more than 6000 amazing discounts up to -90%, so far we’ve had: great new releases like Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun (-32%), special SEGA Bundles ( Warhammer 40K and Endless™), Wartales, Pirates of Belerion, Phantasie Memorial Set, pre-order of Tomb Raider I-III Remastered, two giveaways, and other cool stuff!

But we’re not done in any way – today, we present a very special deal…

Baldur’s Gate 3 is discounted for the first time ever, allowing you to experience the award-winning, already iconic RPG masterpiece while saving 10%!

This story-rich, party-based RPG is set in the universe of Dungeons & Dragons and was brought to us by the one and only Larian Studios. It’s a tale of fellowship and betrayal, sacrifice and survival, and the lure of absolute power that has taken the industry by storm, showing that true passion for games will always prevail.

At this point, Baldur’s Gate 3 doesn’t need a longer introduction. It’s one of the best games of the decade, if not of all time. If you haven’t already, grab this gem of a game and see for yourself just how much a video game can transcend the boundaries of digital and real world and take you on an adventure you’ll never forget.

And if you already spent hundreds of hours in the Forgotten Realms (like most of us at GOG did) then it will be a perfect holiday present to gift to your loved ones.

Enjoy the very best that gaming has to offer. Baldur’s Gate 3 is 10% off!
Mafvek, video games are coded, have graphic textures, narrative structure,... and those have physic qualities. BG3 is on average on everything except voice acting which is the only really good stuff.
But again, no AAA game is worth more than 30-35 bucks. They're just expensive because production costs are huge, not because their quality deserve that price. And they don't care about their pricing and production costs because they target an addicted audience ready to pay more and more, like any addicts do.
BinaryDuality: ...uninstall Diablo 4. I see your desktop there...
Mafwek: Then get a better glasses, because I have Grim Dawn installed and not Diablo 4.
I love it. Thanks for the laugh this morning, o/
JeanMich: narrative structure,... and those have physic qualities.
Only physical qualities narrative structure have are the amount of data they take on disc, and I have yet see an idiot who will make an ethical judgement aka applying good/evil value on that, but I guess there is one for that as well. Oh, and physics don't deal with judging narrative structures, literary theory does that.
karnak1: Strange... PCGamingWiki states otherwise. Although they say some sort of activation in the "Options" menu is needed. Maybe one needs a Larian online account or something.
UNgarsUN: Glad I can be proven wrong then.
cloud saves are Steam only and work as part of the Steam servers... this game does have cross saves which also work on Steam but are not currently working for Gog [since the PS patch] so yes there is an option to tick and it looks like your save is being synced but nothing ever arrives

as a sale 10% basically means you get it normal price but this is now the game of the year so don't expect it to be cheeper any time soon

as a game BG3 is great in the first act and pretty good in act 2 but falls off a cliff in act 3 both for bugs and plot holes... thats easy a 100 hours of good / great game play so make an informed choice
A 10% discount isn't very significant, even for games with a higher base price. Smaller discounts like this are mainly to keep the game visible.
SpaceMadness: A 10% discount isn't very significant, even for games with a higher base price. Smaller discounts like this are mainly to keep the game visible.
Its not just about visibility, it also creates a sense of urgency that will sell more copies.

A 10% discount isn't a big sacrifice on revenue for them, but for someone who is on the fence about buying the game near full price, it creates a deadline to buy where they could have had some kind of saving (if they think they might want to play it before a steeper discount comes along which may take time).

For example, I'm looking forward to playing Astral Ascent with my wife (it looks cool, it is well rated and games that support offline multiplayer/co-op are not that common anymore), but the fact that it got released without any discount greatly reduced the urgency to buy it.

Why not wait until I'm ready to play before I buy and a discount may pop up in the interim?
Post edited December 23, 2023 by Magnitus
The discount is probably also for people like me who were planning to buy it at full price, but just haven't gotten around to it, but when I got the message about the discount I thought to myself what a nice new year's present for myself this game would be :) So with the discount they gave me a push to get going :)
SpaceMadness: A 10% discount isn't very significant, even for games with a higher base price. Smaller discounts like this are mainly to keep the game visible.
Magnitus: Its not just about visibility, it also creates a sense of urgency that will sell more copies.

A 10% discount isn't a big sacrifice on revenue for them, but for someone who is on the fence about buying the game near full price, it creates a deadline to buy where they could have had some kind of saving (if they think they might want to play it before a steeper discount comes along which may take time).

For example, I'm looking forward to playing Astral Ascent with my wife (it looks cool, it is well rated and games that support offline multiplayer/co-op are not that common anymore), but the fact that it got released without any discount greatly reduced the urgency to buy it.

Why not wait until I'm ready to play before I buy and a discount may pop up in the interim?
You raise some good points. I would prefer to wait for a bigger discount, though I will make exceptions.

Multiplayer-focused games -- The player base tends to peak early on, and will drop of over time. Getting the game earlier will also make for a gentler learning experience, since everyone is still trying to learn the basics.

Limited availability -- Waiting too long means the game may no longer be available at all. This more of a problem with physical copies from retailers than digital stores. Digital games typically don't suffer from scarcity as long as publishers don't pull their games from the stores.
Amazing! 10%! Here, let me sell you this Louis Voutton Suit that normally retails for 100$ for 90$! Amazing! It still isn't even close to the BOM and the only reason it's 100$ in the first place is because it has some [dead man's]* name attached to it.

*[Feel free to replace this with any explicative you prefer.]
i_ni: Because of the shift to the price tag: what is the project budget? Found https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/ol26u9/what_do_you_estimate_to_be_the_total_budget_for/ suggesting ~ $10M to $400M.
Likely never to go public ...
Doesn't rly matter. We know for fact that BG3 is an unexpectedly hugh success, and Larian paid the bill themselves.
So BG3 is already a success-story in every sense.
And if they had problem with the sales-numbers, they'd do a 30% sale like that warhammer-title, not a nominal 10%.
MarkoH01: I am pretty sure many here are not just gamer but also collectors. I sure are among the collectors as well. Of course I hope that I'll also play the games I purchase here but I am pretty sure I won't be able to play everything I bought in my lifetime ... but I still like to have it in my collection - I also try to get every game of one franchise which also is sth. only a collector would do. I am sure you can collect everything if you are a collector at heart. A guy I once knew collected originally packaged CPUs he never used ... so yes, why not?
Breja: Whatever floats your boat, I have no intention of being the Collecting Police. I'm just saying, for me it's not unless it's something physical it's not really a collection. I, personally, don't think of my GOG library as a collection any more than I think of jpgs of Mona Lisa and The Last Supper as an art collection. Unused CPUs - sure, that's a collection. Some of those might conceivably become rare collector's items.

But, again - that's me. I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong.
I suppose the hoarder in me identifies with the itinerant book memorizers, like Granger (in Bradbury's (1953) Fahrenheit 451) apropos video games; I enjoy keeping a little bit of art (or indulgent egocentric onanism, perhaps? :o) but then again, I have many, many more books.