It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We’ve started our Winter Sale a week ago, besides more than 6000 amazing discounts up to -90%, so far we’ve had: great new releases like Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun (-32%), special SEGA Bundles ( Warhammer 40K and Endless™), Wartales, Pirates of Belerion, Phantasie Memorial Set, pre-order of Tomb Raider I-III Remastered, two giveaways, and other cool stuff!

But we’re not done in any way – today, we present a very special deal…

Baldur’s Gate 3 is discounted for the first time ever, allowing you to experience the award-winning, already iconic RPG masterpiece while saving 10%!

This story-rich, party-based RPG is set in the universe of Dungeons & Dragons and was brought to us by the one and only Larian Studios. It’s a tale of fellowship and betrayal, sacrifice and survival, and the lure of absolute power that has taken the industry by storm, showing that true passion for games will always prevail.

At this point, Baldur’s Gate 3 doesn’t need a longer introduction. It’s one of the best games of the decade, if not of all time. If you haven’t already, grab this gem of a game and see for yourself just how much a video game can transcend the boundaries of digital and real world and take you on an adventure you’ll never forget.

And if you already spent hundreds of hours in the Forgotten Realms (like most of us at GOG did) then it will be a perfect holiday present to gift to your loved ones.

Enjoy the very best that gaming has to offer. Baldur’s Gate 3 is 10% off!
JeanMich: Still not worth the price. Above 30-35 bucks any game is overpriced in 2023. There's way too much decent and good games below 20 bucks to give AAA more than 30-35 bucks.
Video games having some of the lowest $/hr entertainment value among many other leisurely activities. Most people would consider it fairly reasonable given the 60 hours playtime you can expect out of the main story. That's $1 USD/hr, which is much more reasonable than a $6/hr 2-hour best picture nominee movie in the theatre with both works being at the top of their game in their respective storytelling mediums.

This is also a good chance for users to make a market statement of supporting a mostly DRM-free game by voting with their wallets. That is to prove to all those incompetent and greedy AAA studio business managers that AA games can release a much better and quality game than them with fewer resources. Even if most devs would consider BG3 a super successful outlier.

Of course, if you don't care, that's your prerogative too. Just noting that there are absolutely valid and legitimate reasons to purchase this "overpriced" game. And noting that it cannot compete fairly with older games on value since they've depreciated in so much perceived value by the market since their release.
Post edited December 22, 2023 by UnashamedWeeb
high rated
BG3 is worth full $60 USD regardless of how you feel about it. It is non subjectively THAT GOOD.

This is one of the best games to release in a very long time, and smokes the hell out of the competition that came out this year from anyone not named Nintendo.

Want an idea of what the competition is doing? Look at Starfield, with its $70 USD price tag + $35 additional charge to play 4 days early.

They made money hand over fist with that game, all based on hype. You're talking $105 USD BEFORE tax for a game that is so boring, a large segment of the modding community has publicly said it's moving on from it.

That's what you get from an MS owned studio, where Larian, while having investors, still retains a large degree of competency and pride in what they do.

There was no seagulling of BG3. They bought the rights to this series specifically because they love it so much. And for those of you out there who view every alternative in a game as a slight, yes it does have quite a few options, but it's as simple as selecting the correct prompt from your choices, to tell your hopeful paramour-that-would-be, you're not interested.

This game has so much depth and is just incredible in so many capacities. The fact that Larian brought it to GOG immediately, should show you how much they care about gaming and gamers.

Please, support them if you are able. This game is a testament to what we will and will not tolerate. Show the big houses you care more about quality over quantity. And for the love of all that is holy and unholy, uninstall Diablo 4. I see your desktop there...
Mafwek, the quality of an object, a product are not subjective. Basic physics that applies to any object.
high rated
Breja: Yeah, but a digital copy? I mean, you do you, but I don't really see digital stuff as any sort of "collectibles".
MarkoH01: I am pretty sure many here are not just gamer but also collectors. I sure are among the collectors as well. Of course I hope that I'll also play the games I purchase here but I am pretty sure I won't be able to play everything I bought in my lifetime ... but I still like to have it in my collection - I also try to get every game of one franchise which also is sth. only a collector would do. I am sure you can collect everything if you are a collector at heart. A guy I once knew collected originally packaged CPUs he never used ... so yes, why not?
Whatever floats your boat, I have no intention of being the Collecting Police. I'm just saying, for me it's not unless it's something physical it's not really a collection. I, personally, don't think of my GOG library as a collection any more than I think of jpgs of Mona Lisa and The Last Supper as an art collection. Unused CPUs - sure, that's a collection. Some of those might conceivably become rare collector's items.

But, again - that's me. I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong.
Mori_Yuki: Of course, they can't, but have they ever approached Reef and asked them to participate in one of GOG's promo events?

And just to clarify, I don't threaten not to buy anything here if they fail to offer a discount for T:R. It's just that, even with a discount, I will likely have to remove one of the other games currently in the basket without risking exceeding my budget.
twillight: I don't think GoG wants, or should be the cheapest.
And if you don't want it at full price, you shouldn't buy it on a discount either as they say.
Considering all those special promos, sales, and events, one might conclude otherwise. GOG isn't more expensive; they are generous, and the difference is only noticeable when a game is discounted.

I do see your point - a very good one, actually - and I must admit that I never thought about it in this way. I got spoiled rotten thanks to sales events going on practically all year round and very attractive discounts. So why would I pay full price for a game instead of asking for a discount and waiting until it eventually happens?
Post edited December 22, 2023 by Mori_Yuki
There's another understated advantage for buying games that people don't play immediately aside from collecting and making a statement with your wallet. They're paying for the privilege of more options to choose from. This also includes any immediate benefit owning that item gives them. There are plenty of real world cases for stuff like this - eg: extra clothes or blankets in your car in case you need to sleep in there or you're underdressed, duplicates of items that can break very soon without having to worry about its lifespan, etc.

In most cases though, this will just be another possible game to play after school/work. And to some people, that's worth it enough for them.
Post edited December 22, 2023 by UnashamedWeeb
BinaryDuality: ...uninstall Diablo 4. I see your desktop there...
Then get a better glasses, because I have Grim Dawn installed and not Diablo 4.
Mafwek: I am not joking, and I don't see how it being ancient has anything to do with price tag.
J Lo: Games typically decrease in price overtime. I remember when Arkham Knight was a $70 title. Now it's going for $30. The only company that doesn't do this is Nintendo.
I don't think Arkham Knight was ever worthy of 70$ price tag. My point is that really fucking good game is a worthy of high price regardless of how old they, for me VtM: Bloodlines is one of such games, but it has a misfortune to be tied with Activision, one of the worst gaming companies, so even then they aren't worthy of full price.
Post edited December 22, 2023 by Mafwek
JeanMich: Mafwek, the quality of an object, a product are not subjective. Basic physics that applies to any object.
Yeah, because basic physics has Newton's law of good game design; Planck unit of great art and Einstein's theory of creativity. Because English language among many other has that the misfortune of the term "quality" referring to both *quantifiable* physical qualities and subject's ethical value of something doesn't mean you should confuse the two.
I spent more than 800 hours and still want more! This game deserves every dollar - without any discounts.
Mori_Yuki: I do see your point - a very good one, actually - and I must admit that I never thought about it in this way. I got spoiled rotten thanks to sales events going on practically all year round and very attractive discounts. So why would I pay full price for a game instead of waiting until it eventually happens?
That's the spirit!
After all, the average player can't play newer games than 5-10 years after release because of the hardware-requirements anyway.
I also stack to my ideals: it was advertised as 60$ game, I waited until now so it is sold for 60$ or less.
Because of the shift to the price tag: what is the project budget? Found https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/ol26u9/what_do_you_estimate_to_be_the_total_budget_for/ suggesting ~ $10M to $400M.
Likely never to go public ...
I'm not usually a contrarian, but for some reason the more effusive praise this game gets, the more skeptical I am. Probably doesn't help that I couldn't get into Original Sin 1 or 2 really, and everyone thought they were the bee's knees too.

I'll still probably end up trying it too at some point, once the hype settles, the massive patches are done, and it has an Enhanced Edition.

Besides, we all know Jack Keane is the best game of all time.
J Lo: Games typically decrease in price overtime.
Sure, back when stores had to get rid of older games in order to free shelf-space for newer games, but with digital releases it is actually a small wonder that going the other way by periodically adjusting the base prices of old games to offset the inflation isn't already a common thing among publishers.
UNgarsUN: What's killing me it's the lack of cloud saves on a game this big. It doesn't show on store page and I asked a guy who owns it on GOG : there is not, yet.
karnak1: Strange... PCGamingWiki states otherwise. Although they say some sort of activation in the "Options" menu is needed. Maybe one needs a Larian online account or something.
Glad I can be proven wrong then.
Mori_Yuki: Terminator: Resistance is now on sale on St. Elsewhere with a -60% discount, tempting. I would rather love to buy it here, with all the other games currently in the basket, so act fast, GOG, or my money for it goes their way instead of yours. You have 1 week! ;-)
I feel so tired: i summon the great Ancient-Red-Dragon to join to this thread
When I brought up this issue of Terminator: Resistance not being on sale in this Winter Sale, nor in any other GOG sale, and asked if GOG is aware of it and if GOG has or will tried to do anything about it, I was told by another GOG customer something like, "there is no issue, and if you don't like it at the price that it is offered, then don't buy it."

Well, I disagree with that assessment. Clearly, IMO, as proven by Mori_Yuki's point as quoted above, this is an issue, in at least two major ways:

1) It is an issue for GOG's customers, who are being treated unfairly, and like second-class citizens, by way of how they are being expected to pay a +60% increased cost for an old game, as compared to the price at which that same game is being sold on sale for elsewhere during the same period of time. That is absolutely ridiculous, and also very insulting IMO. If GOG customers received the same discount a few weeks later, or something like that, then that would not be a big deal...but for GOG customers never to get the same discount, that's just absurd.

2) It is also an issue for GOG, because for all of the many years for which this type of price disparity second-class citizen shenanigans have been going on versus GOG customers, GOG is losing money by way of how it is not selling very many copies of this game.

Terminator: Resistance is a very popular game...and instead of GOG receiving its reasonable fair share of the pie for the sales of that game, GOG is instead getting almost nothing.

The quotation I've quoted from Mori_Yuki at the top of this post is no doubt highly representative of how many/most GOG customers who are interested in this game feel about this matter. No doubt they too will give their money for this game to other stores instead of to GOG, for how ever long GOG continues to do nothing about this issue (which will probably/apparently be forever).

So, GOG doing nothing is a lose/lose situation. It's a loss for GOG customers, and it's also a loss for GOG too. The smart thing for GOG to do would be to make efforts to resolve this issue, and convert the situation from a lose/lose to a win/win. Not that I expect that will ever happen, which it probably won't, unfortunately.