It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I tried various different versions of REF_GL.DLL and Wine still gives me this error message (found at SOF.LOG): GLimp_Init() - no hardware acceleration detected

The weirdest thing is that I can play Quake 2, Daikatana, SIN or any other openGL game in this very same machine. So what's happening? Is there a stand-alone version for this "wrapper" of yours that I can use with my existing files?

edit: And by the way, I had NONE of these issues with Deus Ex 1 a while ago, I simply replaced REF_GL.DLL and vuala, it was working... What's up with you SoF??
Post edited August 26, 2019 by FeelingShred
Post edited May 24, 2022 by clarry
All wrappers have been updated with a new winewrap.shlib and DXVK wrappers now use DXVK 1.3.4. Proton 4.11-4 is now available and used by default by GOGWrap.

In addition, wrappers are now available for Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood and Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. These should both be considered experimental for now as they've had little testing (and Bound in Blood in particular requires D9VK, which itself is somewhat experimental), but they seem to run well from what little I've played so far :)
I could not install (Warhammer 40,000) Chaos Gate. It seems that the install file has been updated, and the install script expects the previous file version.

Thank you for the Wine Wrappers :-)
maestroruffy: I could not install (Warhammer 40,000) Chaos Gate. It seems that the install file has been updated, and the install script expects the previous file version.
Thanks for reporting - GOG didn't provide any update notification for it :/

Anyway, it's fixed now :)
Proton 4.11-5 was released earlier today & I have now updated GOGWrap and the two new Call of Juarez wrappers to use it.
high rated
Another set of updates out today: new winewrap.shlib for all wrappers, DXVK wrappers now use DXVK 1.4.1 and GOGWrap now uses Proton 4.11-6 by default :)
When I try to install the common-libs meta package on my fresh Mint 19.2 installation on the netbook, I get following error message:
"unexpected error with aptdeamon"

Could that have something to do with the fact, that I installed the German version of Mint?
I usually use the English one and didn't have that problem there.
If yes, is there an easy way to change system language post installation?
Post edited October 02, 2019 by Klumpen0815
Klumpen0815: When I try to install the common-libs meta package on my fresh Mint 19.2 installation on the netbook, I get following error message:

Could that have something to do with the fact, that I installed the German version of Mint?
Probably because of that, yes. I just did a fresh Mint 19.2 install and I was able to install the meta package without any problems.

Unrelated, but I saw up above that you're using controllers with these wine wrappers? Could you PM me a fast tutorial on the other place? When and if you have time, of course.
sunshinecorp: Unrelated, but I saw up above that you're using controllers with these wine wrappers? Could you PM me a fast tutorial on the other place? When and if you have time, of course.
It was the only time I tried to use a controller with the wrappers and it failed, from what I've read it could very well be related to general controller recognition problems in Ori and the Blind Forest though, since I've seen Windows users write about the same issue even with original XBox360 pads.
Klumpen0815: When I try to install the common-libs meta package on my fresh Mint 19.2 installation on the netbook, I get following error message:

I don't see any reason why the language should affect it - it could be due to some other error; perhaps some updates failed - do other packages install ok?

Anyway, you can change the locale settings from Menu --> Preferences --> Languages (or System Settings --> Languages)

Another thought, since you mention it's a netbook: is this a 32-bit only system? If that is the case I don't think it'll work
adamhm: I don't see any reason why the language should affect it - it could be due to some other error; perhaps some updates failed - do other packages install ok?

Anyway, you can change the locale settings from Menu --> Preferences --> Languages (or System Settings --> Languages)

Another thought, since you mention it's a netbook: is this a 32-bit only system? If that is the case I don't think it'll work
It's fully updated since directly after the fresh install and all system updates went well.

Thanks, changing the language worked after doing that and a reboot, it didn't fix the problem though.
An uhandled error occured

There seems to be a programming error in aptdaemon. This is the software that allows you to install/remove software and to perform other package management related tasks.

Details:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
Since the CPU architecture is 64bit from what I looked up, I installed Mint Mate 64bit as always, it was 32bit with the Win7 Starter crap it came with, but not anymore.

For testing I installed
libpng12-0_1.2.50-1ubuntu2.14.04.3_amd64.deb
which I had still lying around and that worked without problems.
Post edited October 02, 2019 by Klumpen0815
I did a search for the error and found this thread posted by someone else having a very similar issue: https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=302704

From the sounds of things a recent update may have introduced a bug causing this error to occur under certain conditions. You could try restarting the system & attempting to install the package again?
adamhm: I did a search for the error and found this thread posted by someone else having a very similar issue: https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=302704

From the sounds of things a recent update may have introduced a bug causing this error to occur under certain conditions. You could try restarting the system & attempting to install the package again?
I rebooted several times by now but it never changed.
Hi Adam, just want to say thank you for all your efforts with these wrappers and making them available to us.

I'm enjoying Fallout 3 at the moment on Mint (19.1). I've had a couple of (rare) crashes but I suspect that's more to do with the game itself than wine-related. Although Alt-tab'ing is a no-no - I have to kill it with the start kill option if I accidently do that. But it seems that's a pretty general problem with using wine. Otherwise it's perfectly fine.

I also tried out your gogwrap script too. I bought The Witness (on sale at the moment, I couldnt resist) and simply used your gogwrap script to get it working. And it does work! I've not made any other tweaks and its performing "out of the box". I've only played for a short while yet but so far so good (although again alt-tab'ing is a problem - it doesnt crash it but messes up the mouse movement).

I did have a checksum error with the xz file in there. I recalculated it and edited the script - which may have been a bad idea on my part, as it defeats the purpose of the checksum being there... ;) - but all fine otherwise. I'm hoping you just forgot to update the checksum when you updated the script with the latest proton a couple of days ago.

I've tried out a couple of other of your wrappers too, and always have no problems with them. Thanks again for all your hard work!