It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MarkoH01: ~ ping ~
HypersomniacLive: Could you lend a hand, please?
Sure, I guess you are searching for the library id for Beautiful Desolation? - 1295420179
MarkoH01: Sure, I guess you are searching for the library id for Beautiful Desolation? - 1295420179
Thank you!
Well, looks like I was wrong... GOG did do something about the Downloader links :/

Unfortunately I doubt there is anything I can do to save them this time, I'm assuming they won't be adding new links (and will probably remove the old ones entirely) so even my method in the script probably won't help...

If I get a chance I'll look at stripping out the now un-needed code to lighten the script a little, but I don't have a lot of motivation to do it so I'm not promising anything.
adaliabooks: Well, looks like I was wrong... GOG did do something about the Downloader links :/
Ouch! That hurt. ;)

adaliabooks: Unfortunately I doubt there is anything I can do to save them this time, I'm assuming they won't be adding new links (and will probably remove the old ones entirely) so even my method in the script probably won't help...
Tbh - I had just a tiny bit of hope left that they would still work in AF even though they shut them off. I mean the files are the same aren't they?

adaliabooks: If I get a chance I'll look at stripping out the now un-needed code to lighten the script a little, but I don't have a lot of motivation to do it so I'm not promising anything.
Please wait until we can be sure that the links won't work anymore even with AF enabled. Thank you :)
Let my hope and prayers just continue a few days later ... my world aready went down yesterday and so there is only hope now and dreams ... *end of drama queen line*
It's also a shame this got such a short deadline, otherwise maybe someone skilful could try and see if it'd be possible to keep it working the same way using the installers links on the game page.

But as MarkoH01 said, don't do anything before we're sure it doesn't work any more with the aid of AF (I also have quite a few updates/new games to download, and I'd rather do it with the GOG Downloader as long as it works).
MarkoH01: Tbh - I had just a tiny bit of hope left that they would still work in AF even though they shut them off. I mean the files are the same aren't they?

Please wait until we can be sure that the links won't work anymore even with AF enabled. Thank you :)
Let my hope and prayers just continue a few days later ... my world aready went down yesterday and so there is only hope now and dreams ... *end of drama queen line*
*shrugs*
Who knows with GOG. If it were me I would disable and strip out the old stuff that's no longer needed, but GOG aren't known for doing that so my method my still work, but it probably won't for new games but that depends on how exactly the links are generated and work.

It's unlikely I'm going to do anything anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it happening before we get a chance to see if it still works.
HypersomniacLive: It's also a shame this got such a short deadline, otherwise maybe someone skilful could try and see if it'd be possible to keep it working the same way using the installers links on the game page.

But as MarkoH01 said, don't do anything before we're sure it doesn't work any more with the aid of AF (I also have quite a few updates/new games to download, and I'd rather do it with the GOG Downloader as long as it works).
It may be possible, but I don't know enough about the way the links work to know if it's possible to do something to keep it working...
If anyone can figure out a way to create a link that would utilise the same scheme to call up the gog downloader then let me know and I'll attempt to integrate it into the script.
I don't know if it would be possible to use the normal offline installer links to generate something like this:
gogdownloader://deep_sky_derelicts/installer_win_en
That might still work, but as I said I don't really know enough about that side of web programming to know the ins and outs.

See above, nothing is likely to happen any time soon anyway.
Post edited March 12, 2020 by adaliabooks
A thumbs-up for Adalia fundamentals. Due to Adalia fundamentals, I can still see the Downloader links and use the GOG Downloader, even though GOG did remove GOG Downloader links yesterday. Well done Adalia!
DubConqueror: A thumbs-up for Adalia fundamentals. Due to Adalia fundamentals, I can still see the Downloader links and use the GOG Downloader, even though GOG did remove GOG Downloader links yesterday. Well done Adalia!
Was about to post the same - so I will just conffirm this information.
Interesting thing would be however if a newly added game could be downloaded as well.

Anyways, this way we can still use AF and Downloader to download all games prior to GOGs decision - just like MaGOG legacy only showed changes for games until a certain date ... it's by far better than not having this opportunity at all. Adaliabooks, you are the greatest and you will always be my hero, I cannot imagine GOG anymore without AF.

Hope you (and of course everybody else here) is safe and healthy!

Addition: Purchased "Lair of the Clockwork God" which has been released today - download with GOG Downloader worked flawlessly.

Edit: Unfortunately this does not seem to work anymore now.
Post edited March 18, 2020 by MarkoH01
My GOG Downloader doesn't connect unfortunately. :(
Could you try it again?
Wurzelkraft: My GOG Downloader doesn't connect unfortunately. :(
Could you try it again?
Just did and you are correct. NOW it actually seems to be over. Downloader is not working anymore - not even with adalia fundamentals :(
Post edited March 19, 2020 by MarkoH01
That was a very short-lived joy. Have to start living with less easy methods of downloading now. I don't know if I'll use the browser or submit to Galaxy.
high rated
DubConqueror: That was a very short-lived joy. Have to start living with less easy methods of downloading now. I don't know if I'll use the browser or submit to Galaxy.
Even if this gets me downvoted by those who swear by it, I don't care and I will say it: submitting to that 'optional' thing Galaxy is probably what they (GOG) are counting on. As much as I am weary of browser downloading for huge files, I'll take my chances for I have no intention of submitting.
Post edited March 18, 2020 by Flyingfluffypiglet
MarkoH01: Just did and you are correct. NOW it actually seems to be over. Downloader is not working anymore - not even with adalia fundamentals :(
Not entirely surprised but it's a shame.

What's happening for you guys? The links still seem to be there and working on the website, but the Downloader won't connect for me... not sure if there is any way around that as presumably GOG have disabled whatever API or similar it was working with.
adaliabooks: What's happening for you guys? The links still seem to be there and working on the website, but the Downloader won't connect for me... not sure if there is any way around that as presumably GOG have disabled whatever API or similar it was working with.
Yes, downloader simply does not connect anymore. I think they first removed the links and in the end shut down the whole machine which is the reason why it was possible to use it before they did the final step.
adaliabooks: What's happening for you guys? The links still seem to be there and working on the website, but the Downloader won't connect for me... not sure if there is any way around that as presumably GOG have disabled whatever API or similar it was working with.
MarkoH01: Yes, downloader simply does not connect anymore. I think they first removed the links and in the end shut down the whole machine which is the reason why it was possible to use it before they did the final step.
Unfortunately that is beyond my ability to fix then, you'd probably have to build something from scratch to replace the functionality.