It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is there any way to change the colour of the big red 'Downloader Links' button now that GOG have pulled GOG Downloader?

I don't use Galaxy and so want to go straight to the offline installer section when going to my library and I just hate seeing that big red button there now. Is there anyway I can turn it back to green so it's not so full-on and in your face? Thanks :)
high rated
Pajama: Is there any way to change the colour of the big red 'Downloader Links' button now that GOG have pulled GOG Downloader?

I don't use Galaxy and so want to go straight to the offline installer section when going to my library and I just hate seeing that big red button there now. Is there anyway I can turn it back to green so it's not so full-on and in your face? Thanks :)
I've managed to completely remove the color from the button. You can get the edited script here.
MarkoH01: I've managed to completely remove the color from the button. You can get the edited script here.
Thank you - this looks so much better :)
MarkoH01: I've managed to completely remove the color from the button. You can get the edited script here.
Pajama: Thank you - this looks so much better :)
You're welcome - glad it works for you. I've tried to remove the button completely but ended up with unwanted results (I am by far no adaliabooks) so I thought this would probably be the second best. :)
MarkoH01: You're welcome - glad it works for you. I've tried to remove the button completely but ended up with unwanted results (I am by far no adaliabooks) so I thought this would probably be the second best. :)
I think you've done a grand job, it looks so much better now than seeing that big red button :)
high rated
Are we completely certain there is no longer any utility to the downloader links?
If the answer is yes I'll try and get that section removed, no point in having useless code hanging about and slowing the script down unnecessarily.

I'll add an option to hide the Galaxy forum too, no problem.
MarkoH01: It is not officially developed anymore (adaliabooks still tries to support it whenever a crucial bug occurs). I just tried to add this myself hoping it would work like the other languages worked but I failed. Checkbox is there but it does nothing. I have no idea what's different with this one. Maybe adaliabooks will help when he finds the time.
It's the 2.0 in the id, the dot needs to be escaped with two backslashes or jQuery interprets it as CSS and it doesn't find it.
(I can say this with authority because I had to Google it to figure out why it wasn't working too ;) )
Post edited May 03, 2020 by adaliabooks
I had long ago changed the colour of the Downloader button to be the same whether on or off, and was going to tell you, @Pajama, how to do it manually, but no need since MarkoH01 stepped in with a solution you're happy with.

And none of the solutions will be needed seeing this:

adaliabooks: Are we completely certain there is no longer any utility to the downloader links?
If the answer is yes I'll try and get that section removed, no point in having useless code hanging about and slowing the script down unnecessarily. [...]
Unfortunately, it's go ahead - nothing GOG Downloader related works except turn the feature on and off in the script.

adaliabooks: [...] I'll add an option to hide the Galaxy forum too, no problem.
It's the 2.0 in the id, the dot needs to be escaped with two backslashes or jQuery interprets it as CSS and it doesn't find it.
(I can say this with authority because I had to Google it to figure out why it wasn't working too ;) )
And to the authority we bow.

EDIT: added missing word.
Post edited May 03, 2020 by HypersomniacLive
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Unfortunately, it's go ahead - nothing GOG Downloader related works except turn the feature on and off in the script.
Yes, I'm playing around with it now and can see that even the links that I used to sub in have been removed (which is what I would do, but didn't really expect GOG to be that efficient).

It's taking me a little longer to get it sorted because I tied in a few of the other functions (the update info and hiding the galaxy button) into the set of functions that sorted the downloader links options so I'm just having to tidy it up a bit.
I should have it ready it a little while though.
adaliabooks: Yes, I'm playing around with it now and can see that even the links that I used to sub in have been removed (which is what I would do, but didn't really expect GOG to be that efficient). [...]
I think that was the actual (and only?) way to make the GOG Downloader stop working.

adaliabooks: [...] It's taking me a little longer to get it sorted because I tied in a few of the other functions (the update info and hiding the galaxy button) into the set of functions that sorted the downloader links options so I'm just having to tidy it up a bit.
Take your time, I think that all of us using it were prepared to live with the current state of it, so you cleaning things up is a bonus.

mrkgnao: Anybody here knows the library IDs of Warlords and Warlords II?
Hmm, I checked WinterSnowfall list, but for some reason his Eye missed the library IDs of the individual games. Let me poke him, and see if he can figure thing out.
Post edited May 03, 2020 by HypersomniacLive
high rated
adaliabooks: Yes, I'm playing around with it now and can see that even the links that I used to sub in have been removed (which is what I would do, but didn't really expect GOG to be that efficient). [...]
HypersomniacLive: I think that was the actual (and only?) way to make the GOG Downloader stop working.

adaliabooks: [...] It's taking me a little longer to get it sorted because I tied in a few of the other functions (the update info and hiding the galaxy button) into the set of functions that sorted the downloader links options so I'm just having to tidy it up a bit.
HypersomniacLive: Take your time, I think that all of us using it were prepared to live with the current state of it, so you cleaning things up is a bonus.
Well in the first few days after they'd stopped it the links were still there in the data but they no longer worked (they would still open the downloader but it wouldn't do anything), now those links don't even exist to find.

I'm almost there, I've just hacked around what was there as it seemed easier than working it all out again from scratch.
high rated
adaliabooks: Well in the first few days after they'd stopped it the links were still there in the data but they no longer worked (they would still open the downloader but it wouldn't do anything), now those links don't even exist to find. [...]
Well then, I guess that's GOG's loud "suck it up!" statement to all the pleas and votes in the community wishlist to reconsider.

adaliabooks: [...] I'm almost there, I've just hacked around what was there as it seemed easier than working it all out again from scratch.
Whatever works best for you, so long it still works for all the other stuff. Otherwise, I'll have to vig-shoot you.
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Whatever works best for you, so long it still works for all the other stuff. Otherwise, I'll have to vig-shoot you.
Ok, I've loaded the update to Gist.
It all seems to still work but I haven't touched it for a long time, so let me know if I've broken anything or if there are any issues.

Shame it's not a particularly positive update, but enjoy anyway :)
adaliabooks: Ok, I've loaded the update to Gist.
It all seems to still work but I haven't touched it for a long time, so let me know if I've broken anything or if there are any issues.

Shame it's not a particularly positive update, but enjoy anyway :)
Shame indeed. I'll let you know if I find anything after I check it out. Cheers!
adaliabooks: It all seems to still work but I haven't touched it for a long time, so let me know if I've broken anything or if there are any issues.
Thanks for the update! I've updated and gone through the options multiple times, but I can't find the option to hide Galaxy 2.0 forum anywhere. Where is it located?
Library game pages look so poor now without the Downloader button *sniff sniff*

Other than that, a quick check on the various features says everything else is working as it did before.

@finkleroy, it's in the Forum tab.