It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I just downloaded it and it freezes on the main menu, all i can hear is the music... I have a laptop windows 7 i been having this laptop for like 4 or 5 years is that an issue or does the game itself just has some problems? anyone please help!! so far im just thinking i just wasted 5.99 dollars :/
b_campos25: I just downloaded it and it freezes on the main menu, all i can hear is the music... I have a laptop windows 7 i been having this laptop for like 4 or 5 years is that an issue or does the game itself just has some problems? anyone please help!! so far im just thinking i just wasted 5.99 dollars :/
Have you tried safe mode? You should open a ticket with support, GOG has a 30-day money back guarantee if I'm not mistaken.
b_campos25: I just downloaded it and it freezes on the main menu, all i can hear is the music... I have a laptop windows 7 i been having this laptop for like 4 or 5 years is that an issue or does the game itself just has some problems? anyone please help!! so far im just thinking i just wasted 5.99 dollars :/
Contact Support, and remember you have a 30-day money back guarantee.
I loved DK 1, and never got to play DK2. As I've read it had/has many stabilty issues, can you confirm if as of today it is still having issues on windows 7, cause I am tempted to buy it but I wouldn't like to buy it and get a bad experience of a good game because it doesn't work well.
Ty
Various versions of DK2 work well on my Win7 systems (at least when set to software rendering, since I have an ATI). You might not be so lucky. But I think the AI problems and other bugs are more problematic, thankfully fans are working on them...
I just downloaded DKII 2.0. But its not working at all!!! Premovie is not runnung and can´t move mouse. GOG say its an new version which does not need any patches. Has anyone tried the Version already and can help me out. I already tried some of the advices in this threed.

Thanks!
I can't get it to run properly on my surfacr pro 2 with win 8.1. It starts and plays the intro but just after I click a button in the menu the DKII-DX.exe crashes. Can anybody point me to a solution?
STGN: I can't get it to run properly on my surfacr pro 2 with win 8.1. It starts and plays the intro but just after I click a button in the menu the DKII-DX.exe crashes. Can anybody point me to a solution?
Exact same thing here. Win 8.1 and DK2 don't seem to get along...really a shame. I only bought the bullfrog bundle for that game!
I suggest GOG to make sure the games they sell are working and stable before they ACTUALLY sell them.
Can only partially agree here. Using Windows 8.1 and the most recent version, and almost everything works fine.

There is only one problem, or more of a gamble - the DKII-DX.exe sometimes crashes between levels.
So far, no crash in a level or while following intro etc.
Something on W8.1 doesn't like DK2, but it does work.
SOLVED

Same issue as above for Surface Pro with win8.1 ... game runs through the movie sequences and gets to the main menu. As soon as I click any option on the menu, the screen begins to swing through the animation sequence to the new submenu and then DKII-DX.exe crashes.

Right click the launcher shortcut and select Properties:
Go to the Compatibility tab
Click the button for "Change settings for all users"
- Select compatibility mode on the top dropdown for WinXP SP3
Under the Settings section (bottom half of the dialog) select only:
- Run this program in 640x480 (this is the setting that I had missed when troubleshooting, essential to get the game working, doesn't actually limit the screen resolution while playing)
- Run this program as administrator

OK your way out of the dialogs and run the game ... no more crashes at the menu.
low rated
Looks like low res ass. Nice fix, asshole.
SuperKing92: Looks like low res ass. Nice fix, asshole.
Nice comment. Your mom must be so proud that her kid is a total dirt bag.
Me and my cousin tried to play this on multiplayer. We connected and started the game just fine.

After about 20 minutes the game crashed on the client side (DKII-DX stopped working). I played onward and on my side after about 1 hour the game also crashed on my side with the same issue.

We both applied on the desktop shortcut with compatibility: 640x400, XP SP3, admin rights and in the in game options, we switched hardware acceleration off.

Why doeesn't this still work properly after years o f patches? I mean, we didn't pay tons of money for this release, but at least it could work if they resell this :(
Post edited December 13, 2014 by SeriousToni
SeriousToni: Me and my cousin tried to play this on multiplayer. We connected and started the game just fine.

After about 20 minutes the game crashed on the client side (DKII-DX stopped working). I played onward and on my side after about 1 hour the game also crashed on my side with the same issue.

We both applied on the desktop shortcut with compatibility: 640x400, XP SP3, admin rights and in the in game options, we switched hardware acceleration off.

Why doeesn't this still work properly after years o f patches? I mean, we didn't pay tons of money for this release, but at least it could work if they resell this :(
yeah, it should work... but it is hard to fix if the source code is not available for gog (or someonelse)

You can do three things: 1.) write to the support to increase the visibility of this problem for the gog.com support
2.) vote here and send EA an request that they should open the source code for unsupported legacy games (like these games), so that the community can fix the problems themselves (like it was handled with Arx Fatalis)
3.) beg Timeslip for an expanded binary hack
Post edited May 26, 2015 by shaddim