It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Speaking about this, has anyone been able to improve mouse performance in the menus? For me its still like dragging it through water even after the patch, there is so much lag its ridiculous.
jim_uk: If this game isn't console ready what are PS3 controls doing in the user.ini? There aren't even official Windows drivers for the PS3 pad so I doubt it's support for use on the PC version.
darkwoof: The issue wasn't if it was console ready, it was whether it was designed for console RATHER than PC; which the answer is of course No. Having support for both but having more focus on KB/M while supporting for alternate inputs such as the PC gamepads IMO still makes it a PC game. A more accessible PC game if you will.

Although I have to ask: What PS3 controls in user.ini? There's nothing like that in my user.ini.
Button mashing combat, QTEs, a HUD for the blind, external video options, external keymapping, PS3 controls listed in files, DX9 and an inventory designed for gamepads. Maybe someone could tell me what the difference between this game and a port is because apart from hi res textures I can't see one. It reminds me of Two Worlds, that was a console game released on PCs first, they used PC gamers as paying beta testers prior to releasing the fuctional console version.
scampywiak: Speaking about this, has anyone been able to improve mouse performance in the menus? For me its still like dragging it through water even after the patch, there is so much lag its ridiculous.
not possible unless they switch to a hardware mouse. btw software mice are almost never used in PC exclusive games :P
SystemShock7: .
The user.ini file only has whatever you configured to play, but if you look in the same directory as your user.ini file, you'll see there are 3 files named input_*****.ini .
Input_QWERTY.ini obviously is KB+M , the other two are for gamepads, and indeed one has cross, circle, square, triangle, which are the standard PS buttons.
darkwoof: Actually the other two are Input_QWERTZ.ini and Input_AZERTY.ini; all three are names of different keyboard layouts. Not everyone uses QWERTY you know.

Anyway, to be fair, all three contains the controller button mappings as well as keyboard mappings since they are probably used as the default key layouts for whichever control you want to use. But note that while you have the PS buttons (CROSS, CIRCLE. SQUARE, TRIANGLE), you also have the XBOX ones (A, B, X, Y). None of these keys are exclusive - each mapping maps to both an XBOX key and a PS key, hence they are likely generic keycodes for gamepad buttons. After all, it's easier to use "friendly" names than call them something like e.g. GP_RS_Button_A04H. As I've mentioned in earlier replies, even PC users use gamepads so I'm not surprise at their presence.
I stand corrected; however, the original statement by eisberg77 stands as well, that there are mappings for PS3 controllers, no? And while some PC users do use keypads, the overwhelming majority uses KB+M.
I agree that the game feels like a console game.
What I really can't stand is the inability to rename save games. It's a real showstopper for me.
I usually keep a single save in all my games, sometimes one additional per 'chapter'/'era' in RPGs. The idea of having dozens of saves in various languages (because I switch between French and English depending on whether I want to show stuff in the game to my wife or not) makes me unsure I'll actually play the game past a few hours.
scampywiak: Stinging Velvet, it is a great game, but they misled their fans saying it was PC exclusive. If this were the case, we'd get a UI designed for pc. We didn't. We paid a lot of money to support them and I still do, but they need to be honest with the fanbase and treat them fair.

This is not a PC exclusive, and if console players got this treatment you bet they would bitch.
Learn to read.

mrmoneda: I find it immensely annoying when idiots complain about how others use a forum. (contradiction)

StingingVelvet: It's silly. It's nit-picking. It's the reason why forums are generally not pleasant places to be and why developers ignore most forum feedback, because it's full of "I am never happy unless the game matches my idea of perfection" bullshit.
mrmoneda: A small portion of the people who bought this game don't like the design of the interface, particularly that of the inventory system. They've chosen to use these forums to express their discontent. Who cares if you rather they didn't? You don't work for GOG or CDPR. Ignore the fucking thread.

Also, it's not nit-picking. No one has asked for "perfection," asshole. The fact that the UI doesn't function optimally for the only platform it's currently been released on is a design flaw. I don't work for CDPR, hence I don't care about how much longer it would've taken to make a better UI for PC users, nor do I care about how much it would've cost. What matters to me, as the consumer, is how the product that I bought performs. The game, over all, is amazing. As has been said already, the UI is one of the worst part about this game. No one should be criticized for saying so, especially if there's a chance an actual CDPR employee could read it, and we already know that's a possibility.

It was a mistake for CDPR to skimp on the development of the user interface for the PC version of The Witcher 2. I hope people continue to tell them so. They need to hear it, so that hopefully their next PC release will be even better.
If you have suggestions for their next game do it in a thread that title "What you want in the Witcher 3" not "when are we getting the PC version cause this version isn't what I paid for, was lied to, and I like to whine about every little thing."
There's an apologist for everything..
It saddens me that there are still people, who refuse to see the facts.
It saddens me that there are still people, who, instead of being critical of a game company's horrendously stupid decisions, attack the people with genuine complaints, who have EVERY right to complain about any conceivable problem, since they bought the game.
And since this is a forum dedicated to it, who do you think you are to deny them that opportunity?
Since when is being critical of something you PAID for forbidden? What are you, 9?
Any customer has the right to nitpick the game to hell and back and YOU have no right to call them out on it.

Just because YOU choose to ignore the obvious and instead kiss CDPR's behind for no reason whatsoever, it doesn't mean everyone does - some of us have brains.
Don't whine when people disagree with you on that.

The Witcher 1 was a PC game.
Responsive and great UI, useful and decent inventory, decent combat.
The Witcher 2 is a CONSOLE GAME.
Horrid UI, horribly annoying and dumb combat, ugly and useless inventory, stupid game mechanics, unnecessary, shitty QTEs, weird and awkward animations.And what the hell is with these streaming textures? Was a simple "Loading" screen really that much of an annoyance?

There is nothing to suggest it isn't just a port of the parallelly developed console versions.Not a single thing.

I'd be fine if the game was designed for the PC, then later ported to consoles.
Everyone'd be happy. But it WASN'T.

Instead, we got a stupid, dumbed down game ENTIRELY focused on consoles, after having been repeatedly informed how it's "PC-exclusive" and how the PC is the platform they concetrated on. I'm not okay with petty lies like this.

I'm also not okay with them treating PC users like bloody lab rats (or beta-testers, however you want to call it) so that their console release goes smoothly.
It's like they're saying "We don't care about you PC users anymore, consoles are where it is, so have this console port and fuck off!"
Post edited May 31, 2011 by AeddGynnvael
AeddGynnvael: The Witcher 1 was a PC game.
Responsive and great UI, very well-designed inventory, decent combat.
HAHAHAHAHA, you are smoking crack! In what world was TW1's inventory well designed? You mean how every icon was very tiny, I couldn't drag and drop anything and sort it the way I wanted to? The combat was dreadfully boring and tedious. Get a hold of yourself and stop spewing so much bullshit.

That's great you're an enlightened, supreme PC game playing being. Wonderful. It's people like you who take all the fun out of gaming. You turn what could be a valid discussion of flaws and possible fixes in a game into a bitchfit platform argument. Keep on fighting the good fight you brave knight of PC gaming. The world is a better place with you in it.

There are valid criticisms and flaws with the game but reading these threads is EXCRUCIATING because some nerd throws out "console port!" when not that many people care. Most people only care whether the game is good or not. Either enjoy the game, talk about it or fuck off. You're selectively choosing supposed faults to make your absolutely worthless console port argument work. Really, you call TW2's combat dumb compared to the first game's? Now I know you're a complete fool.
AeddGynnvael: The Witcher 1 was a PC game.
Responsive and great UI, very well-designed inventory, decent combat.
ThulsaDooom: HAHAHAHAHA, you are smoking crack! In what world was TW1's inventory well designed? You mean how every icon was very tiny, I couldn't drag and drop anything and sort it the way I wanted to? The combat was dreadfully boring and tedious. Get a hold of yourself and stop spewing so much bullshit.

That's great you're an enlightened, supreme PC game playing being. Wonderful. It's people like you who take all the fun out of gaming. You turn what could be a valid discussion of flaws and possible fixes in a game into a bitchfit platform argument. Keep on fighting the good fight you brave knight of PC gaming. The world is a better place with you in it.

There are valid criticisms and flaws with the game but reading these threads is EXCRUCIATING because some nerd throws out "console port!" when not that many people care. Most people only care whether the game is good or not. Either enjoy the game, talk about it or fuck off. You're selectively choosing supposed faults to make your absolutely worthless console port argument work. Really, you call TW2's combat dumb compared to the first game's? Now I know you're a complete fool.
Yes, it is definetely well-designed compared to the second game's, kiddo.
And it's not a platform argument - never even once do I say anything against the CONSOLES themselves (in fact, I mentioned at least two times I would definetely not mind a port for the consoles later - only if it in no way affects the PC version of the game), but I don't expect YOU to be able to see that - it's so much easier to call me a PC elitist and then insult me, right?

"Either enjoy the game, talk about it or fuck off."
First, relax, kid.
Second, either grow up, or "fuck off".You are again implying you have the right to tell anyone what to do or whether to discuss flaws/complaints.
A paying customer has every right to say anything he wants in a forum dedicated to his game.
Learn to deal with it.
Alternatively, don'/t visit the thread that makes you butthurt as hell - not that hard, I imagine even you could do that.

"Really, you call TW2's combat dumb compared to the first game's? Now I know you're a complete fool. "

That's just pathetic.
I'm not even going to bother with that, since it's exactly the same thing pitiful console players and children have said numerous times: "Oh, you think Mass Effect 2 was dumbed down? Fuck off!"
"Oh, you think Crysis 2 was dumbed down? FUCK OFF!"

You're all the same to me, kids, and you're all funny.
Post edited May 31, 2011 by AeddGynnvael
ThulsaDooom: HAHAHAHAHA, you are smoking crack! In what world was TW1's inventory well designed? You mean how every icon was very tiny, I couldn't drag and drop anything and sort it the way I wanted to? The combat was dreadfully boring and tedious. Get a hold of yourself and stop spewing so much bullshit.

AeddGynnvael: Yes, it is definetely well-designed compared to the second game's, kiddo.
And it's not a platform argument - never even once do I say anything against the CONSOLES themselves (in fact, I mentioned at least two times I would definetely not mind a port for the consoles later - only if it in no way affects the PC version of the game), but I don't expect YOU to be able to see that - it's so much easier to call me a PC elitist and then insult me, right?

"Either enjoy the game, talk about it or fuck off."
First, relax, kid.
Second, either grow up, or fuck off.You are again implying you have the right to tell anyone what to do or whether to discuss flaws/complaints.
A paying customer has every right to say anything he wants in a forum dedicated to his game.
Learn to deal with it.
Alternatively, don'/t visit the thread that makes you butthurt as hell - not that hard, I imagine even you could do that.

"Really, you call TW2's combat dumb compared to the first game's? Now I know you're a complete fool. "

That's just pathetic.
I'm not even going to bother with that, since it's exactly the same thing as "Oh, you think Mass Effect 2 was dumbed down? Fuck off!" "Oh, you think Crysis 2 was dumbed down? FUCK OFF!"
You're all the same to me, kids, and you're all funny.

After reading your posts here it is clear you are the one who needs to grow up. Funny how the people who call others kids, are often the ones acting like one.
Post edited May 30, 2011 by Snarfinator
Yes, having a different opinion and being disappointed by CDPR's stupid design decisions is "acting like a kid".
Well okay, whatever you say.
AeddGynnvael: Yes, having a different opinion and being disappointed by CDPR's stupid design decisions is "acting like a kid".

No calling people kids, and telling them to fuck off is. You may have valid points about this game seeming like a console game, but it's hard taking anything you say seriously when you say some of the things you do.
AeddGynnvael: Yes, having a different opinion and being disappointed by CDPR's stupid design decisions is "acting like a kid".
Snarfinator: .

No calling people kids, and telling them to fuck off is. You may have valid points about this game seeming like a console game, but it's hard taking anything you say seriously when you say some of the things you do.
No mate, if you actually read the posts, it is he, who told me to "Fuck off.", actually.
I just quoted him.
As for calling him a kid, it is because of his childish behaviour. (id est, "Fuck off" "You're a complete fool because you don't agree with me", insulting me and calling me a PC elitist and putting words in my mouth I never said.)
Come on girls, calm down!

Now let's get this thread back on track shall we...

...when is the PC version coming?