It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A farewell to arms promo!

The Arma Series, that is Arma Gold Edition, Arma: Cold War Assault, and Arma 2: Combined Operations (complete with the Operation Arrowhead expansion), providing the ultimate mod-enabled first person-perspective military simulation experience, is available up to 80% off on GOG.com. That's only $8.17 for the whole set of three games, for the next 72 hours.

[url=http://www.gog.com/promo/arma_farewell_complete_040614][/url]War has always been, and probably always will be, one of the predominant themes in computer games. From 8-bit systems to contemporary monster gaming rigs you'll have simulators, strategy games, and war-inspired arcade titles. But there's only one type of game that could let you really see war as a first-hand gritty and immersive experience. An FPS, first person perspective shooter. Again, there are many levels of realism throughout the genre. Some of the war FPS' tend to focus on storytelling, using heavy scripting to deliver a cinematic experience. Others don't try to hide the fact, that the war you're seeing isn't real and that the main goal is to have fun while playing. And there's the Arma Series.

Arma Series is a game series that will make you feel like an actual combatant on one of the modern-day military missions. A game that will amaze you with its level of realism in recreating actual weapons, military gear, ballistics, and battlefield conditions. A game that will challenge you in ways no other wargame ever could. Dropping you in the middle of a fictional conflict, that feels more real than most things you see on the news, it proves to be the ultimate modern-day military simulation that you can play outside of actual military VR training facilities. Arma 2: Combined Operations allows for massive multiplayer matches that can host up to 50 players simultaneously, and the Operation Arrowhead expansion that, on top of adding another campaign to the game, provides extensive mod compatibility, this is the FPP wargame you want to get, if you mean business.

On top of that, Arma 2: Combined Operations is required to run DayZ, the most popular game modification since the infamous Hot Coffe. What? You don't know what DayZ is? Don't fret--we've got you covered.

Do you think you can handle real virtual warfare? Find out if you really know which side of the assault rifle you should point at the enemies in the complete Arma Series, for only $8.17 on GOG.com. The special promo lasts until Saturday, June 7, at 9:59AM GMT. Games also available separately with lower discount rate. The games already owned on GOG.com count towards the higher discount.

Important note: This is a last chance promo, as Arma Gold Edition, Arma: Cold War Assault, and Arma 2: Combined Operations will be removed from sales on GOG.com on June 22, along with the remaining Bohemia Interactive title: Original War. If you buy (or have already bought) any of these games, they will remain on your account "shelf", so you'll be still able to access and download them.
Purchased Cold War Assault and Arma II, thanks to GOG for the advance notice.

I'm also planning to purchase Original War, which has been on my wishlist forever, but will wait a bit for a sale. I'm conflicted, $5.99 is a fair price but it's bittersweet purchasing an anticipated title as it leaves GOG - it almost feels like rewarding the departure with my money... "oh, if you're abandoning DRM-free then shut up and take all my money!" I want to support GOG, but not necessarily the abandoning developer.
Post edited June 04, 2014 by undeadcow
Rodzaju: I can.
Look at Arma 2 on your gameshelf.
The serials are under the install files.
timppu: How many serials should there be? I see one long string which is divided into three lines. Is that one, two or three serials? If there is more than one serial, I can't really tell where one ends and another one starts.
Ignore Sufyan.
Ignore the code that starts with # (don't know what that is for).
Before the # there are 2 strings of abcde-abcde-abcde-abcde-abcde.
These are the codes that worked for me.
Post edited June 04, 2014 by Rodzaju
I don't have that much interest in Arma games, but a 80% promo is rather tasty... let's think about this a little mor...

HOLY SHIT, I almost missed the part about it being removed! With that kind of motivation, instabuy.
Weird coincidence since I'm currently playing arma 2. Near the end of last mission on harvest red and searched for possibilities of 3 coming here and I see this. Bummer. I can vouch for gold and 2 having clunky ui but otherwise are perfect for fans of the original ghost recon. I've not played cold war assault...
JMich:
Can I redeem the serials at a later date? I guess we have till June 20th and any time after the next few days I can do whatever I want.

But just in case I forget.
ShadowWulfe: Can I redeem the serials at a later date? I guess we have till June 20th and any time after the next few days I can do whatever I want.
Redeem them in 2020 for all it matters.
Since ArmA 2 moved from GameSpy to Steamworks, retail (and GOG) cd-keys of the game can be activated on Steam.
Jonathanimal: Weird coincidence since I'm currently playing arma 2. Near the end of last mission on harvest red and searched for possibilities of 3 coming here and I see this. Bummer. I can vouch for gold and 2 having clunky ui but otherwise are perfect for fans of the original ghost recon. I've not played cold war assault...
How stable is it? I always wanted to give it a go, since I heard it's even more dynamic than OpF and it look good as well. But I've heard horrible things about messed up scripting that can lead to dead ends and show stoppers (missions not completing etc.).
Not exactly my cup of tea, but it's disheartening to see publishers and developers that self-publish to remove their games from GOG and go down the Steam only route. :(
Just goes to show how tough of a battle GOG has to fight.

Quite the sad promo on the eve of the Summer Conference.
Can't get new publishers, can't keep old ones. Stuff like this is really disheartening.
high rated
Damn the publisher for deserting the good fight. And for putting me in the dilemma of considering buying games I have virtually no interest in simply to have them on my GOG shelf as part of the "lost souls" collection. (I do already have Original War because it is one I do have interest in, as it seems to do something fresh with the genre.)

I'll probably do what I usually do when I'm unsure and buy a giftable copy that I can redeem myself if I change my mind. Though I am loathe to give these jackholes any money now.
IAmSinistar: I'll probably do what I usually do when I'm unsure and buy a giftable copy that I can redeem myself if I change my mind. Though I am loathe to give these jackholes any money now.
At least it's 80% less money.
I already have all three on my GOG library (Glibrary?).

My theory on why they are being removed is that Steam requested exclusivity on BI games to permit them to use their MP system. Note that I do not have a single proof.

Another theory is that they do not want to have to deal with two version of their games, one that offers internet multiplayer and one that does not.

With the timing of this, I wonder if this week big announcement with be something like gamespy...
justanoldgamer: With the timing of this, I wonder if this week big announcement with be something like gamespy...
They wouldn't have to drop ArmA if it was something like that. They would have made a deal with Bohemia.
justanoldgamer: With the timing of this, I wonder if this week big announcement with be something like gamespy...
toxicTom: They wouldn't have to drop ArmA if it was something like that. They would have made a deal with Bohemia.
Not if steam requested exclusivity.
Shambhala: True, but this is a pretty borderline case. I would ask the blues.
Licurg: No, I remember someone doing a giveaway for a game after it was pulled, and the code worked .
I had a gOg code of some groupees game, and got the message "Code expired on: May, 31 2014" when I tried it 2 days ago. so some codes do have time limit.

Try it yourself: https://secure.gog.com/redeem/ukwffdbq
Post edited June 04, 2014 by amok