It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A farewell to arms promo!

The Arma Series, that is Arma Gold Edition, Arma: Cold War Assault, and Arma 2: Combined Operations (complete with the Operation Arrowhead expansion), providing the ultimate mod-enabled first person-perspective military simulation experience, is available up to 80% off on GOG.com. That's only $8.17 for the whole set of three games, for the next 72 hours.

[url=http://www.gog.com/promo/arma_farewell_complete_040614][/url]War has always been, and probably always will be, one of the predominant themes in computer games. From 8-bit systems to contemporary monster gaming rigs you'll have simulators, strategy games, and war-inspired arcade titles. But there's only one type of game that could let you really see war as a first-hand gritty and immersive experience. An FPS, first person perspective shooter. Again, there are many levels of realism throughout the genre. Some of the war FPS' tend to focus on storytelling, using heavy scripting to deliver a cinematic experience. Others don't try to hide the fact, that the war you're seeing isn't real and that the main goal is to have fun while playing. And there's the Arma Series.

Arma Series is a game series that will make you feel like an actual combatant on one of the modern-day military missions. A game that will amaze you with its level of realism in recreating actual weapons, military gear, ballistics, and battlefield conditions. A game that will challenge you in ways no other wargame ever could. Dropping you in the middle of a fictional conflict, that feels more real than most things you see on the news, it proves to be the ultimate modern-day military simulation that you can play outside of actual military VR training facilities. Arma 2: Combined Operations allows for massive multiplayer matches that can host up to 50 players simultaneously, and the Operation Arrowhead expansion that, on top of adding another campaign to the game, provides extensive mod compatibility, this is the FPP wargame you want to get, if you mean business.

On top of that, Arma 2: Combined Operations is required to run DayZ, the most popular game modification since the infamous Hot Coffe. What? You don't know what DayZ is? Don't fret--we've got you covered.

Do you think you can handle real virtual warfare? Find out if you really know which side of the assault rifle you should point at the enemies in the complete Arma Series, for only $8.17 on GOG.com. The special promo lasts until Saturday, June 7, at 9:59AM GMT. Games also available separately with lower discount rate. The games already owned on GOG.com count towards the higher discount.

Important note: This is a last chance promo, as Arma Gold Edition, Arma: Cold War Assault, and Arma 2: Combined Operations will be removed from sales on GOG.com on June 22, along with the remaining Bohemia Interactive title: Original War. If you buy (or have already bought) any of these games, they will remain on your account "shelf", so you'll be still able to access and download them.
ne_zavarj: Can you confirm it ?
Rodzaju: I can.
Look at Arma 2 on your gameshelf.
The serials are under the install files.
How many serials should there be? I see one long string which is divided into three lines. Is that one, two or three serials? If there is more than one serial, I can't really tell where one ends and another one starts.
Rodzaju: I can.
Look at Arma 2 on your gameshelf.
The serials are under the install files.
timppu: How many serials should there be? I see one long string which is divided into three lines. Is that one, two or three serials? If there is more than one serial, I can't really tell where one ends and another one starts.
There are two codes. The second one starts with a #
Well, it seems like Bohemia Interactive went full retard with Arma3 and now want to do the same with the rest of their games - i now regret supporting them in the first place by buying Arma1+2 here some time ago.

They won't get a dime from me unless they put their games up for sale on gog again.
KILLA-CONNI: If the reason for removal is the GameSpy shutdown -> what the heck?
They could just label it "LAN only" and that'd be it.
Indeed, on the Original War gamecard you can already see this: 'Multiplayer issue: multiplayer mode originally built into Original War game is no longer available.'

'Due to modifications enabling a proper gameplay experience on both Windows XP and Windows Vista systems establishing an online game through Gamespy(TM) is impossible.' -- http://www.gog.com/support/original_war/multiplayer_issue

'Although the game successfully establishes a network connection and launches a multiplayer game, after some time the connection breaks, which results in shutting down the network game. This problem is caused by the game itself, and is considered by the developer as a “known issue”, without a solution yet.' -- http://www.gog.com/support/original_war/multiplayer_issue_2
Thank you Gog for all of your efforts.
I had noticed the Arma Series after a review that noted it's excellent realism level.
I intented to buy one of these games to try it out.And I didn't want to buy it with DRM.

And today you give us a 72 hour warning and an 80% discount?
I'm really sad that the game is removed from the catalog, but I'm happy that I get to buy it even at the last moment.
I just launched a thread on their forums, maybe some of you want to join me...
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178672-GOG-com-removal
DiscipleJF: Had no idea ReVolt was gone until you posted this.
Sounds like it was originally added last fall with a community patch. The people who developed the patch complained, so the game was pulled all together. Kinda sad. I understand modders not wanting someone else to profit off their work, but they also tend to do their work for the use of the community. Getting games removed from the GOG catalog doesn't help the community :(
timppu: How many serials should there be? I see one long string which is divided into three lines. Is that one, two or three serials? If there is more than one serial, I can't really tell where one ends and another one starts.
Sufyan: There are two codes. The second one starts with a #
Hmmm, I see them differently on my shelf. I now got Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead (+obsolete beta) redeemed on Steam, but the codes had to be entered in this format:

First code:

AAAA-BBBBB-CCCCC-DDDDD-EEEEE

Second code (divided by a space, not by a #, from the first code):

FFFF-GGGGG-HHHHH-JJJJJ-KKKKK

Those redeemed fine on Steam. But after them, there is still some string on GOG account page, starting with #. I have no idea what that extra string is. It consists of only numbers and has spaces between them. Is it of any use for anything?

All those strings (the two redeemable codes with a space between then, and the string starting with #) were shown together in one line on my GOG account page, and that one line was wrapped around in three lines.
Post edited June 04, 2014 by timppu
GOG.com: Important note: This is a last chance promo, as Arma Gold Edition, Arma: Cold War Assault, and Arma 2: Combined Operations will be removed from sales on GOG.com on June 22, along with the remaining Bohemia Interactive title: Original War. If you buy (or have already bought) any of these games, they will remain on your account "shelf", so you'll be still able to access and download them.
I think there was one recently, but can you please do another sale on Original War before it disappears?
DiscipleJF: Had no idea ReVolt was gone until you posted this.
Boilpoint: Sounds like it was originally added last fall with a community patch. The people who developed the patch complained, so the game was pulled all together. Kinda sad. I understand modders not wanting someone else to profit off their work, but they also tend to do their work for the use of the community. Getting games removed from the GOG catalog doesn't help the community :(
What they didn't want was the new publisher of Revolt profiting from their modding work (of which they had no legal rights to, of course). They'd rather people pirate the game than people buy the game from GOG and money get funneled to the new rights holder whom they hate. It's all rather childish...
Protoss: I think there was one recently, but can you please do another sale on Original War before it disappears?
+1

Really regretting not getting it on sale before.
The ArmA Series did look interesting. How well do the games run on Windows 7? Is anyone on GOG playing the multiplayer?
Arma Cold War Assault was given away for free on steam last month. But $1.19 can also be considered free.
Thanks GOG.
Post edited June 04, 2014 by cemtufekci
timppu: All those strings (the two redeemable codes with a space between then, and the string starting with #) were shown together in one line on my GOG account page, and that one line was wrapped around in three lines.
should be for the MP part , i think :

http://www.gog.com/support/arma_2_combined_operations/arma2_connecting_failed
Post edited June 04, 2014 by DyNaer
MaxFulvus: I wanted Arma II on GOG but I hoped that DLC would be available in the future to buy a full.package.
Now, I prefer to buy them on Steam, just to be sure to have the DLC and the newest updates.
Buy ArmA 2 on GOG, then redeem the serial on Steam. Newest updates and you should be able to buy the DLCs as well.
Or buy directly from Steam, your call.