It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Part survival horror, part detective novel, part action, and part adventure--a must-have for fans of exciting thrillers and sublime story-telling.

Alan Wake, the psychological action thriller, is available now on GOG.com--and it’s on sale for 50% off for a week! That’s only $14.99 for the game and both DLCs until Tuesday, May 15th at 21.59 GMT.

From Remedy, developers of classic Death Rally and Max Payne 1 & 2, comes a third-person shooter described by its creators as combination of "the mind of a psychological thriller,” and "the body of a cinematic action game.” The player controls Alan Wake, author of popular detective fiction, who needs to find his wife in a perfect and fictional--yet nightmarish and dreadfully real--town of Bright Falls. The story is told in episodes in style similar to a mystery TV series, with each episode having its own plot but revealing new piece of the main puzzle as well. The story is filled with endless twists and cliffhangers, there are recap sequences at the beginning of a new episode, closing credits, and a lot of cinematic sequences--all of these combine to create a fantastic “film noir” atmosphere, unique to the world of PC horror games. Fans of The Twilight Zone, Twin Peaks, and Stephen King will find numerous references and inspirations while solving the mystery behind supernatural horrors that infest Bright Falls.

Mr. Wake will walk the streets, find clues, and talk to people during the day; he will fight various enemies during the night. Light is the main weapon in Alan’s fight against the town’s inhabitants who have been possessed by a darkness that transforms them into axe wielding murderers. Enemies are initially impervious to attack, and can only be harmed when exposed to light, coming from your flashlight, flare guns, flares, and environmental sources. Even if you’re not afraid of the dark, the game will keep you on your toes, and once the darkness creeps in you will not want to leave your safely lit havens.

Gripping suspense, intense action, great thriller storytelling, flawless design--yes, Alan Wake is a perfect game. Time magazine named it the best video game of the year, IGN awarded Alan Wake “Best Horror Game”, it has also received numerous nominations for “Best Narrative”, “Best Writing/Story”, and “Best Character” (for Alan Wake).

Grab Alan Wake for the next seven days for only $14.99--and get with the manual, wallpaper, and a number of videos and extra goodies (stay tuned for more extras soon) all for one great price! Expect other great games from Remedy coming in the very near future!
jalister: If you buy Trine 2 directly from Frozenbyte, you get it in the Humble Store, which is run by the Humble Bundle team. I believe you will also get access to the Windows, Mac and Linux versions, and also get a Steam key. Don't get me wrong, I love GOG, but I like how Humble Store works too.

I actually pre-odered Grimrock here, then I also pre-ordered Grimrock direct from the publisher because it ended up going to the Humble Store. I didn't mind buying it twice because I wanted to support what both are doing.
True, but Trine 2 Humble Store version still requires Steam and I don't do Steam. However, a DRM free version of Trine 2 will be released later in 2012 and I'll wait for it.
Bouli: I'm usually grumpy but i would like to say this release is awesome.

Waiting for more Nordic Games in the future.
choose grumpier picture :) this one doesn't suit you...
I would've bought this already, but ya know.. no Steam achievements.
Smannesman: I would've bought this already, but ya know.. no Steam achievements.
*facepalm
Someone already mentioned... don't trust the system requirements.... the game run pretty good on my laptop.... Radeon HD5470 + 3GB RAM+ Athlon II P320
jalister: If you buy Trine 2 directly from Frozenbyte, you get it in the Humble Store, which is run by the Humble Bundle team. I believe you will also get access to the Windows, Mac and Linux versions, and also get a Steam key. Don't get me wrong, I love GOG, but I like how Humble Store works too.

I actually pre-odered Grimrock here, then I also pre-ordered Grimrock direct from the publisher because it ended up going to the Humble Store. I didn't mind buying it twice because I wanted to support what both are doing.
MihaiHornet: True, but Trine 2 Humble Store version still requires Steam and I don't do Steam. However, a DRM free version of Trine 2 will be released later in 2012 and I'll wait for it.
Yeah, I should have mentioned the Windows version requires Steam for now. Mac and Linux are DRM-free though. I've been debating on getting it now since they added Linux, or to wait for the DRM-free Windows version.
Smannesman: I would've bought this already, but ya know.. no Steam achievements.
I really don't get the idea of achievements. I play to play, not to be told how to play. I don't mind the achievements that just come along naturally through playing, and actually provide some type of reward. However the ones that just say "You killed 1,000,000 peons" doesn't mean anything to me. And I can live without any achievements to have my games without DRM. What good are achievements if Steam goes away, or your internet is down?
Post edited May 10, 2012 by jalister
jalister: I really don't get the idea of achievements. I play to play, not to be told how to play. I don't mind the achievements that just come along naturally through playing, and actually provide some type of reward. However the ones that just say "You killed 1,000,000 peons" doesn't mean anything to me. And I can live without any achievements to have my games without DRM. What good are achievements if Steam goes away, or your internet is down?
I can understand that some people like them (I don't) but I don't understand why they are forced. There is no option to turn off achievements notifications even tho plenty of people asked for it on their forums. Often those pop-ups ruin atmosphere - especially in horror games. Because of that I hate those achievements.
Post edited May 10, 2012 by Aver
spinefarm: Someone already mentioned... don't trust the system requirements.... the game run pretty good on my laptop.... Radeon HD5470 + 3GB RAM+ Athlon II P320
Ditto. I have a Radeon 4670 and it runs fine at 1920x1080 (low detail), even though it's barely above the minimum system requirements. It seems that unlike some games, the minimum requirements for this game are totally playable, and even a touch lower might be.
I'm surprised of how well runs on my PC. I have a Radeon HD 5770 and I can run it with almost everything on max detail and a 1440x900 resolution. I'm playing with the mouse and keyboard controls and I'm having no trouble with it.
Post edited May 11, 2012 by OmegaX
This game reminds me of a modern day Silent Hill 1 minus the fog. Think I will be getting this one today.
Aver: I can understand that some people like them (I don't) but I don't understand why they are forced. There is no option to turn off achievements notifications even tho plenty of people asked for it on their forums. Often those pop-ups ruin atmosphere - especially in horror games. Because of that I hate those achievements.
You cannot turn off the notifications, but you can turn off the whole overlay.
This is great, I have it on Xbox but it's so cheap here that I just might buy it sometime soon. I remember the combat constantly put my hair on end :P
Request to North American GoG users: what the hell data plan do you have that allows you to wave away an 8 Gb download with a mellow "but it's only $15, which is half price"?

I mean, sorry, but CD Projekt has competitors, but where on Earth do you get the free bandwidth that makes you stop laughing long enough to bother with the title, its relative merits, and so on? That's what I want to know.
OneNight: Request to North American GoG users: what the hell data plan do you have that allows you to wave away an 8 Gb download with a mellow "but it's only $15, which is half price"?

I mean, sorry, but CD Projekt has competitors, but where on Earth do you get the free bandwidth that makes you stop laughing long enough to bother with the title, its relative merits, and so on? That's what I want to know.
No caps at all and I download at like 3GB a second. $45 a month, Bright House Cable in Tampa, FL.
This game is well worth the purchase although wasnt too sure if i was going to like it but 4 hours in and the story and atmosphere has me hooked. One of the best games i ahve played this year and hopefully will not have a mass effect 3 ending.