It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Clash of Kings by George RR Martin

I have not been abe to read in months. It feels good to be back.
huppumies: Imperial Bedrooms by Bret Easton Ellis.
Lunar Park by him was pretty darn good....

Just finished 11/22/63
Painted_Doll: Any opinions about these books ?

Paolo Bacigalupi: The Windup Girl
John Joseph Adams ( editor ) The Improbable Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
My memories about The Windup Girl are not fresh, because I read it 2 years ago, but in overall it was good, though not exceptional. The setting, the environment and the vision about the future are enjoyable parts of the book, but I missed a really thrilling and twisting story. The starting point is very original, but in my opinion the events and the thoughts could have been elaborated much better. The book got really good reviews and was praised highly, but maybe due to this I expected a lot more from it, for example dilemmas about the environmental pollution or thoughts on the state of global economy. But these are only my fading impressions about the book, others may remember more precisely to this book.

menganogog: On Strange Tides by Tim Powers.
Thank you for the recommendation, this book seems very interesting.
Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin.

And probably my History Vademecum, because I want to pass my final exam :P
Kuji Kiri and Majutsu. F. Lepine
Arcadia by Felix A. Münter

Just finished The Long Earth by Terry Pratchett & Stephen Baxter

Getting ready to read the first The Walking Dead novel
ZiTheBookishGamer: snip
Brasas: I'll be interested in your further thoughts when you're done. I found all three books very original and quite a contrast after reading the Malazan series.
I completely forgot to come back here to answer you when I finished. But yes, I absolutely loved it (that ending was...emotional to say the least) and need to read the rest, just haven't picked up the next book yet and I'm taking a bit of a reading break to focus on other projects (writing and gift making for the holidays, plus video gaming taking up the rest of my free time). I'm a new Brandon Sanderson fan now though, and look forward to reading more of his work and his other series.
Dying of the Light, by George R. R. Martin.
Post edited November 08, 2015 by menganogog
Frankenstein, by Mary Shelley
Painted_Doll: Any opinions about these books ?

Paolo Bacigalupi: The Windup Girl
John Joseph Adams ( editor ) The Improbable Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
pirateoftheah: My memories about The Windup Girl are not fresh, because I read it 2 years ago, but in overall it was good, though not exceptional. The setting, the environment and the vision about the future are enjoyable parts of the book, but I missed a really thrilling and twisting story. The starting point is very original, but in my opinion the events and the thoughts could have been elaborated much better. The book got really good reviews and was praised highly, but maybe due to this I expected a lot more from it, for example dilemmas about the environmental pollution or thoughts on the state of global economy. But these are only my fading impressions about the book, others may remember more precisely to this book.

menganogog: On Strange Tides by Tim Powers.
pirateoftheah: Thank you for the recommendation, this book seems very interesting.
After I finished this book, I've to say it is very enjoyable since we have a classic pirates adventure here, with an interesting using of voodoo magic. If you like Monkey Island plot or adventure books take a look of this.
Post edited November 08, 2015 by menganogog
OrinaRemanebit: Now that you mentioned it, do you happen to know a book called A Writer At War by Vassili Grossman (it's a book about the battle at stalingrad against the nazis during the ww2 in a russian's point of view if I'm not mistaken)? In case you knew and have already read it, may I know what's your opinion about the book? I'm planning to read it soon.
I'm halfway through my dad's copy of A Writer At War now. My dad really enjoyed it, and I'm finding it to be excellent, too. I'll find a copy of Life and Fate next.

Apart from that, I recently finished all eleven Hornblower books. I don't need to recommend them, I think. They're well regarded.
Translated in Lithuanian, I am reading "The Count of Monte Cristo" by Alexandre Dumas. I have read two thirds of the whole story already. And I must say, it is brilliant! How the events of one's life can change a man and the lives of others. How cruel the man can be, when filled with anger and rage, pursuing revenge. Just brilliant.
grimwerk: ...
Apart from that, I recently finished all eleven Hornblower books. I don't need to recommend them, I think. They're well regarded.
I've been meaning to read those for the longest time.

What I'm reading:
First Contact (The Last War Trilogy) (In Her Name)
By Michael R. Hicks

Take Japanese Samurais, add some Larry Niven Kzinti, season with a few David Weber books and you have First Contact. In short, humanity make contact with an alien civilization, war ensue. Very derivative but fun none the less if you need a military sci-fi fix.

From what I understand the author has a few trilogies in that verse (In Her Name).
A legislation textbook.
I can honestly say that... MY BRAIN IS FULL OF FUK!
ZiTheBookishGamer: snip
He managed to keep surprising me through the books. You're in for a treat, so don't grab the next ones unless you can afford to "disappear" for hours. :)