It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

http://www.balderexlibris.com/index.php?post/2012/01/06/Dragon-Rouge-Magical-Course-1.0
Decatonkeil: Philip K. Dick's "Do androids dream of electric sheep". It's the first time I read one of his novels and, while it's quite different from the movie adaptation Blade Runner and it lacks some of the cyberpunk coolness that was mostly aesthetic (a benefit books don't have... and it's also long before the 80s), I'm absolutely loving it. And I'm really digging all the world building that was absent from the film.
Just picked this one up, last weekend, from one of the book stores at the Denver airport. Not very far into it, but am thus far enjoying the differences from the movie.
Blade Runner the movie did a lot to set up, or cement, the cyberpunk aesthetic. And it's a nifty action noir movie in itself, which I count among my favorite movies of all time - likely due to not very objective reasons.

But the book I think makes the deeper thematic aspects much, much more apparent, from the very opening scene with the funky TV like device to set moods (if I remember correctly) - of course the themes of personal identity, and external versus internal forces affecting ones character are very much present throughout Dick's, let's say, pharmacologically fueled work.
Feet of Clay by Terry Pratchett

I'm not into fantasy and I'm not into english humour, but his books are hilarious. And I'm really enjoying the story.
"Operation Paperclip" by Annie Jacobsen.

Thirilling. Eye opening.
Any opinions about these books ?

Paolo Bacigalupi: The Windup Girl
John Joseph Adams ( editor ) The Improbable Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
The star trek novel called Doctor's Orders.
Imperial Bedrooms by Bret Easton Ellis.
huppumies: Imperial Bedrooms by Bret Easton Ellis.
Is that any good?
huppumies: Imperial Bedrooms by Bret Easton Ellis.
pimpmonkey2382.313: Is that any good?
I think it's pretty good, yeah.
Post 1585.
nightcraw1er.488: Post 1585.
I hear that's a good one. Never read it myself.
nightcraw1er.488: Post 1585.
huppumies: I hear that's a good one. Never read it myself.
Meh, it was much better back in the pre-500 good old days :o)
On Strange Tides by Tim Powers.
I finished a second read through of Salman Rushdie's Satanic Verses yesterday. A rather pleasant book full of bizarre stuff, fornication and existential questions. The ending pages had my eyes glued to the text.

I also have a spare one-way ticket to Allah's hell now, having read the book twice. Anyone interested?