It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Currently I am reading Franz Kafka - The Diaries of Franz Kafka.

Quite a disturbed person. :)
RenKalan: The Complete Sandman by Neil Gaiman
Is that like a consolidation of the main volumes or some kind of companion tome?
Chinese Horoscope. Complete with astronomical analysis and elements of feng sui/geomancy.
Post edited September 05, 2015 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
RenKalan: The Complete Sandman by Neil Gaiman
Brasas: Is that like a consolidation of the main volumes or some kind of companion tome?
It's 5 big volumes collecting everything from Sandman. The regular series, extra short stories and such.
Finally, finished reading this Italian edition of Dead Souls by Nikolai Gogol. 2/5, it was rather painful to read till the end. At this point I really dislike the Russian romantic writers of the XIX century....
Post edited September 06, 2015 by KingofGnG
KingofGnG: Finally, finished reading this Italian edition of Dead Souls by Nikolai Gogol. 2/5, it was rather painful to read till the end. At this point I really dislike the Russian romantic writers of the XIX century....
Dead Souls is an incomplete work...try the short stories....particularly 'The Nose'.
I'm currently reading Flavius Josephus's "Books of the History of the Jewish War against the Romans". It's a historic book about the Jewish rebellion against the Romans who then controlled the area.

I used to read mainly fantasy books, until I read a book about the English wars of the roses. Then I discovered that people in the real world did even crazier things than were done in fantasy books.

I strongly recommend the Chinese novel "Romance of the Three Kingdoms", I had a great time going through it.
Epic of Gilgamesh, quite marvelous read
I'm nearing the end of Snow Crash. I have to say that the core plot/miste derails quite a lot near the end, to near Dan Brown levels of nonsense, even if the early development of the "conspiracy" it presents were quite interesting. Still, it was a fun read. I enjoyed every episode that had to do with the Metaverse (its version of the Internet meets Second Life) and the crazy characters, specially Ng.
A new friend recommended/lent me a book by Gene Wolfe (who I'd never heard of) called "The Fifth Head of Cerebus" which is actually 3 short novellas. So far I'm not liking it at all.
Anyone have any World War 1 books to recommend? I've read up on WWII a ton but hardly ever any books on WWI.
Cbob60: Dead Souls is an incomplete work...try the short stories....particularly 'The Nose'.
Nope, I'm not planning to read other stuff by Gogol' any time soon. Too much moralism for my taste, at some point of the story the author doesn't give a shit about his characters any more to switch to a self-centered view about "how" things should be "right" and just. And I'm too old to be schooled like some kid clueless about the world and the corruptible human nature. No and no, thanks, no more Gogol' for me :-P
Post edited September 07, 2015 by KingofGnG
Leucius: Still working on The Legend of Drizzt series. I think I'm still on book 1, spent most of the summer working, taking care of family, and playing online games.
I just started book 19 in that series (The Two Swords). Such a great series. You have a ton of great content ahead of you.
Leucius: Still working on The Legend of Drizzt series. I think I'm still on book 1, spent most of the summer working, taking care of family, and playing online games.
Jinxtah: I just started book 19 in that series (The Two Swords). Such a great series. You have a ton of great content ahead of you.
Oh snap, did I type book 1? I meant book 4. Thanks, though! :)
Jinxtah: I just started book 19 in that series (The Two Swords). Such a great series. You have a ton of great content ahead of you.
Leucius: Oh snap, did I type book 1? I meant book 4. Thanks, though! :)
Ah, then you're already hooked for sure :)