It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Up to 75% off TotalBiscuit's favorites: Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Pharaoh + Cleopatra and more.

Love him or hate him, TotalBiscuit is a force to be reckoned with. He's the guy that millions of gamers listen to on a daily basis - whether it's first impressions, reviews, or his trademark cynical commentary on industry news, ins and outs - The Cynical Brit's influence on a generation of gamers can be hotly debated, but never denied. Today, we take a look at some of his favorites, his top bites, the 30+ games that <span class="bold">TotalBiscuit Recommends</span>:

From the creative minds of Chris Avellone, Tim Cain and Josh Sawyer comes Pillars of Eternity, where adventure continues beyond the gate. It's a critically lauded revival of the classic cRPG in the vein of Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale, to call it Obsidian Entertainment's spiritual sequel would be an understatement. Of course, that's not the only modern revival of old school favourites - Wasteland 2 is a sequel to the historic 1988 title that redefined RPG gameplay and inspired legendary titles like Fallout - full of multipathed quest solving, choice, consequence and maturity. Brilliant storytelling isn't just an RPG domain - classic point and click adventures like The Longest Journey or its big, action-adventure sister Dreamfall: The Longest Journey are known for featuring some of the most unique universes and best written tales in gaming. The list just goes on with some of absolutely top releases in gaming history including S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat, Mount & Blade, Pharaoh + Cleopatra, and so much more!

See TotalBiscuit's own take on this promo's biggest highlights!
<iframe width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NwiFN8Ddj34" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This weekend, <span class="bold">TotalBiscuit Recommends</span> some of his favourite games ever. Check them out in our weekend promo, with deals up to 75% off lasting until Tuesday, July 21, 3:59 AM GMT.
Post edited July 17, 2015 by Konrad
Grargar: No, GOG only has the base game.
Too bad. Thanks for the info.
Nice, I've watched TB a few times, I enjoy his stuff.

Surprised that Heroes 3 isn't in the promo, I thought that was one of his top picks. :P (Edit: the cat below has a good explanation)

Still, nice spotlight.
Post edited July 17, 2015 by BillyMaysFan59
phaolo: I don't think he would have included the new KBs and Dreamfall
How about asking him?

phaolo: or excluded other titles like SW2 and others.
SW 2? At any rate, as mentioned above by Aningan, the final decision of the discounts rest with the devs/pubs, who might have not wanted to currently discount their games.
dannaz423: I have never heard him advocate Steam in the ways that you describe. In his "reviews" if the game is on GOG he always mentions it and puts it in the description, above Steam ([url=]https://youtu.be/XXlBSmP4TpA?t=1255[/url]). He often identifies the problem of Steam for PC gaming, such as it having a pseudo-monopoly and the consumer not really owning most of their games. In-fact I don't think I've ever heard him say Steam is the best future for PC in any way shape or form.
R8V9F5A2: I haven't seen any of his newer stuff, from the last 2 years or so, but his older ones certainly did not advertise for GOG and drm-free games. Look at his videos where he is ranting about used games. and his older podcasts with Jesse and Dodger. He is pro-DRM when it suits his anti-console agenda, but anti-DRM when its more convenient to be so.
I went back to his used games video and within the first minute he already advocates GOG as the best place for old games. Even still that is a console/business oriented opinionated piece, don't see what it has to do with PC at all or why you mention consoles in your reply.

His opinion on used games is understandable, though personally I don't really agree. The main winner from used games sales is games retailers because they shove them in your face and take all potential money from that sale away from the developers of said game.

I don't see why I'm even bothering to discuss used games, consoles and retailers with you at all. It isn't relevant in anyway to GOG.
R8V9F5A2: He mentions Steam all the time, but only rarely mentions GOG, even when the games are available on both sites.
As far as I can tell he mentions GOG all the time if a game is available also on GOG when he is reviewing it.
R8V9F5A2: He is also someone who sees Steam as the best option for PC gaming and the Steam-model as the future of all gaming. So why is he a good spokesperson for GOG and DRM-free games ?
I'm not sure what you are talking about.
Even if what you said were true his viewers don't have to think that way.
He reviews a lot of Indie titles that are also available on GOG, as far as I know his audience is relatively old and every PC gamer is likely to visit his channel at some time or another.
As far as I can tell TotalBiscuit can potentially bring a ton of new customers to GOG.

However, I do agree with you that it would be even better if he mentioned GOG more often.
R8V9F5A2: He is pro-DRM when it suits his anti-console agenda, but anti-DRM when its more convenient to be so.
I don't like TotalBiscuit and he evidently has shit taste, but this is ridiculous.

First, consoles are DRM. You can't spin a pro-DRM stance to bash consoles.
Second, "anti-console agenda"? Can you even say it with a straight face?
low rated
Yep, those are 30 games alright. Kind of reminds me of the Steam Curator thing where a bunch of YouTube personalities and game "experts" all choose the same games.

TB is one YouTuber whose popularity I will never understand. I mean people give Pew Die Pie shit but at least he seems to be having fun. That monotone voice sounds like an eighties text-to-speech program reading out a Wikipedia page. He sounds utterly joyless when playing games.
skinandbones13: . I mean people give Pew Die Pie shit but at least he seems to be having fun.
Still hard to believe that guy is a multi millionaire now because of that crap.
PoE still beyond my budget reach, so nothing for me. I wonder if it ever gets real discount like 50, 75% because even on summer sale it was no option unlike other bigger games. Oh well, looks like I'm not destined to play this game and I won't pirate it or buy from Steam.

For TB I don't care, we already have MegapiemanPHD with similar voice but less perfected gameplay showcase. ;P
Post edited July 17, 2015 by HenitoKisou
low rated
Yeah, I loathe him and I'm disappointed in GOG for extending his noxious presence even further, not that it's anything new here. Thanks a bunch.
Post edited July 17, 2015 by marionette
low rated
Yep, those are 30 games alright.

I will never understand the popularity of TB. I mean, people give pewdiepie shit but at least he is having fun. TB is like an eighties text-to-speech program reading out a Wikipedia article. He just sounds utterly joyless when playing games.
Post edited July 17, 2015 by skinandbones13
high rated
skinandbones13: TB is one YouTuber whose popularity I will never understand. I mean people give Pew Die Pie shit but at least he seems to be having fun. That monotone voice sounds like an eighties text-to-speech program reading out a Wikipedia page. He sounds utterly joyless when playing games.
He knows his shit, enjoys gaming without making a ridiculous fuss and hype about it and actually has a brain and uses it to defend that rights of gamers everywhere. If you ask me, his vocal commentary about issues in the gaming business, are vital.
He isn't about just playing games, but talks about developing and supporting them as well. He doesn't do purely clickbaitty shit like most people seem to do nowadays. I get that most of the 10-20 year-old crowd probably has no clue what he's about though.

There's no point in just hyping everything and shouting from the rooftops how everything is great, since it's NOT. And he's made very good points why things are grim on PC.

- Pre-ordering broken games is dumb
- Early access to broken games is dumb.
- In-game purchases are mostly dumb (especially pay-to-win)
- Limiting FPS/resolution on PC due to console restraints is dumb.
- Limiting controls and UI's for the same reason is dumb.
Licurg: Why no Sacrifice ? :(

Anyway, this is a good promo, tons of must-buys in it.
He amazingly didnt like it? (or forgot)... having said that he liked Luftrausers :/
skinandbones13: I will never understand the popularity of TB. I mean, people give pewdiepie shit but at least he is having fun. TB is like an eighties text-to-speech program reading out a Wikipedia article. He just sounds utterly joyless when playing games.
Might be just me, but to me he sounds professional. Even as a non-native speaker you can clearly understand him and don't have to use subtitles or guess the meaning of his words half the time.
HenitoKisou: PoE still beyond my budget reach, so nothing for me. I wonder if it ever gets real discount like 50, 75% because even on summer sale it was no option unlike other bigger games. Oh well, looks like I'm not destined to play this game and I won't pirate it or buy from Steam.
Maybe eventually. Age of Wonders 3 came out last year and is at a very good price, while Pillars of Eternity only came out a few months ago at the end of March. Bit too early to hope for heavy discounts from the Summer Sale. Great game!