It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MarkoH01: No, even the dgVoodoo option does help in this case - same goes for dxwnd afaik.
Blasted :-(
zambrey: Judas, could you please create the installers for Dead Cells. Thank you.
JudasIscariot: Fixed :)
Wow, thanks, that was quick :)
Now, if you would do the same for Opus Magnum... *wink* *wink*
high rated
MarkoH01: No, no, no ... the glass is half FULL not half EMPTY ... don't you want to learn (and be happy)? ;)
So, I should be happy that I got at least one out of three? If you put it that way... yeah well, it could be worse, no argument there.

MarkoH01: [...] All you have to do is shut down explorer prior to starting the game [...]
Do you mean to shut down the windows explorer process?
MarkoH01: No, no, no ... the glass is half FULL not half EMPTY ... don't you want to learn (and be happy)? ;)
HypersomniacLive: So, I should be happy that I got at least one out of three? If you put it that way... yeah well, it could be worse, no argument there.
A bit like that. (But I was more referring to the fact that a flag you did not expected anymore still appeared after all - might be the case for the missing two as well ... fingers crossed).

MarkoH01: [...] All you have to do is shut down explorer prior to starting the game [...]
HypersomniacLive: Do you mean to shut down the windows explorer process?
Exactly

Take a look for the known Win7 issue here.
Post edited January 05, 2018 by MarkoH01
high rated
MarkoH01: A bit like that. (But I was more referring to the fact that a flag you did not expected anymore still appeared after all - might be the case for the missing two as well ... fingers crossed). [...]
It's not like delayed flags is anything new here. There have been more than a few cases where flags showed up days later. And for someone like me who checks in here, and was informed of the updates, I'd rather they don't show up at all now. So, please uncross your fingers.

MarkoH01: [...] Exactly
Not a fan of this, but I think there was another oldie that was conflicting with that windows process.
I've not installed it yet, but reading this, I think I'll put it on my Win XP system and see if that works (better). Curious, would running it in compatibility mode on Win 7 make a difference?
HypersomniacLive: Not a fan of this, but I think there was another oldie that was conflicting with that windows process.
I've not installed it yet, but reading this, I think I'll put it on my Win XP system and see if that works (better). Curious, would running it in compatibility mode on Win 7 make a difference?
No (and I just checked it to be absolutely sure) because this is not an incompatibility bug of the game it's just a problem with how Win7 adresses 8bit color palette. If the game would have 16bit colors the problem would not even be there.
MarkoH01: Titanic color palette messing ( black scren error on Win7 is not fixed even though I told them how to fix it. So I was wondering what - except for the tour mode files - has changed by comparing this new version to my bacup. What a surprise: only a few Galaxy info files and nothing more. So I really wonder how this "potential fix for black screen issues (Windows 7)" should have ANY potential to fix anything.
they might have added some compatibility fix that gets set during the installation. You might not see that by just comparing the game files.
The fact that it doesn't work on your system is the reason they called it a potential fix :p

(of course, you might also be right and they simply forgot to included the fix when building the installer, who knows ;) )
MarkoH01: Titanic color palette messing ( black scren error on Win7 is not fixed even though I told them how to fix it. So I was wondering what - except for the tour mode files - has changed by comparing this new version to my bacup. What a surprise: only a few Galaxy info files and nothing more. So I really wonder how this "potential fix for black screen issues (Windows 7)" should have ANY potential to fix anything.
immi101: they might have added some compatibility fix that gets set during the installation. You might not see that by just comparing the game files.
The fact that it doesn't work on your system is the reason they called it a potential fix :p

(of course, you might also be right and they simply forgot to included the fix when building the installer, who knows ;) )
Like I said I also checked the registry. When I experienced the issue the first time and had to look for a workaround I studied the old regkeys quite a bit (was even wondering if they might know about it since according to one regkey there is a process explorer.exe marked as "block" like config entrys for the GOGlauncher they are using). Could not see a difference here either. Of course I still might habe overseen some tiny regentry anywhere in the registry but in general that's not the way GOG is using the registry. Most keys are in the same area.
Post edited January 05, 2018 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: No (and I just checked it to be absolutely sure) because this is not an incompatibility bug of the game it's just a problem with how Win7 adresses 8bit color palette. If the game would have 16bit colors the problem would not even be there.
Yes, I saw your edited in link after I posted.

Going a bit off topic, I just downloaded The Walking Dead: Season 1 installers, and wonder why they contain the term "patch_1" in their naming. Is it supposed to indicated that the patch 1 of 09.07.2015 is included?
MarkoH01: Of course I still might habe overseen some tiny regentry anywhere in the registry but in general that's not the way GOG is using the registry. Most keys are in the same area.
I wasn't really thinking of the keys GOG is usually adding to the registry, but the gazillion compatibility options that Microsoft offers.
nvm
Post edited January 06, 2018 by Tannath
MarkoH01: Of course I still might habe overseen some tiny regentry anywhere in the registry but in general that's not the way GOG is using the registry. Most keys are in the same area.
immi101: I wasn't really thinking of the keys GOG is usually adding to the registry, but the gazillion compatibility options that Microsoft offers.
Which btw. are also stored in registry ;) But anyway it does not matter. Like you said no matter if they did add the potential fix or not - they called it potential fix so they have not given up on fixing this yet. I use my workaround while I am waiting for a real fix.
deleted
high rated
Ooops, I forgot to post the evening updates! Here they are:

---------------------------

Games included in this batch:

· Call of Cthulhu: Prisoner of Ice
· Defender's Quest
· Grim Dawn
· Masquerada: Songs and Shadows
· Puzzle Agent
· Puzzle Agent 2
· Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness
· X3: Terran War Pack
· Zombasite

[Part 1 of 2]

Call of Cthulhu: Prisoner of Ice has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File added: Linux installer, Italian --- Size: 252.0 MB --- Version: gog-5

* File changed: Linux installer, English --- Size *FROM* 240.0 MB *TO* 242.0 MB --- Version *FROM* gog-8 *TO* gog-5

* File changed: Linux installer, Brazilian-Portuguese --- Size *FROM* 249.0 MB *TO* 246.0 MB --- Version *FROM* gog-8 *TO* gog-5

* File changed: Linux installer, French --- Size *FROM* 295.0 MB *TO* 287.0 MB --- Version *FROM* gog-8 *TO* gog-5

* File changed: Linux installer, German --- Size *FROM* 254.0 MB *TO* 247.0 MB --- Version *FROM* gog-8 *TO* gog-5

* File changed: Linux installer, Spanish --- Size *FROM* 255.0 MB *TO* 253.0 MB --- Version *FROM* gog-8 *TO* gog-5

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Update (05 January 2018)

- Added Italian language support to the Linux version of the game.
(Full changelog)

Defender's Quest has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File removed: 2.1.5a (OpenGL)

* File added: Patch 2.2.0 --- Size: 50.0 MB --- Version: [empty]

* File changed: Linux installer, English --- Name *FROM* gog_defender_s_quest_2.11.0.13.sh *TO* defender_s_quest_en_dx_2_2_0_17654.sh --- Size *FROM* 632.0 MB *TO* 656.0 MB --- Version *FROM* 2.1.7 *TO* DX 2.2.0

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Name *FROM* setup_defenders_quest_valley_of_the_forgotten_dx_2.1.7_(13697).exe *TO* setup_defenders_quest_valley_of_the_forgotten_dx_2.2.0_(17653).exe --- Size *FROM* 1.2 GB *TO* 1.2 GB (+44.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 2.1.7 *TO* 2.2.0

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 2.2.0 (05 January 2018)

Lots of battle optimizations:
- don't call unnecessary updates on enemies
- don't call unnecessary updates on effects
- cache results of effect palette swaps rather than doing it EVERY SINGLE TIME
- Fix occassional NaN values for a projectile's angle, which would trigger a while loop of SIX MILLION ITERATIONS (every update!!!!)
- Throttle how many times an enemy's HP bar can be redrawn per unit of time (so it's not wastefully spammed when playing at e.g. x16 speed)
- Cache results of scaled tiled bitmaps to reduce drawing time
- Increase capacity of QuadTree nodes
- Added surgical speed throttling -- if there's too many enemies on screen, x16 and x8 speed modes are disabled until you kill enough off. You'll only ever really encounter this limit on the endless bonus battles, and it should effectively increases framerate by not overtaxing the game.
- Replaced "hot" text fields in battle with bitmap text fields, which update faster and cause less lag
- Avoid playing multiple identical sound effects in rapid succession
- Preload enemies to avoid stutter on the first spawn of each wave

Other stuff:
- Fix controls menu bug where you can create invalid control configs in gamepad mode
- Fix black screen on exiting menu in battle if sprite mode has ever changed
- Fix auto-closing gamepad controls change popup
- Fix on-screen button prompts not updating on controls change in save slot screen
- Remove various problematic window resolutions from the video options
- Fix controls menu gamepad navigation
- Fix steam achievements not always reflecting what you have on Steam vs. what you have in game
- Make journal text default to latin font if it tries to do Korean/Japanese but finds an untranslated string
- Fix this crash - start a game in hero mode, try to recruit a character, and cancel out of the warning popup
- Add various crash guards
- Fix cursor crash in movies menu
- Add antialiasing to projectiles
- Lots of locale tweaks to fix bugs
- Show the text "loading" between screen transitions so it's not just black
- Fix German/Spanish text overruns in cutcenes
- Add back/forth cutscene actions for gamepad
- Fix cursor navigation of enemy tooltips on battle preview
- Switch journal to bitmap text so it loads faster
- Fix soft lock in party skill screen
- Fixed full-screen flash effects persisting after a screen transition
- Fix missing skill lock text in party menu
- Fix missing tutorial texts when navigating with the gamepad
- Fix broken symbols text in cutscenes
- Fix crash in party skills menu
- Fix cycle defenders & spell selection bugs
- Fix accessibility menu glitch (save slot specific options accessible outside of a loaded save)
- Enemies now selectable in gamepad mode
- Battle preview now shows a line crossing out already earned rewards
- Fix crash in controls menu
- Fix bug that shows incorrect character portrait when selecting an "ally" (computer-controlled guest character)
- Fix item sorting in party screen
- Make both flashing and screenshake in cutscenes respect the accesibility settings
- Fix wave block tooltip on wave block destruction
- Fix tooltip lingering when enemy is killed
- Fix boost disabled button placement in mcguffin menu in final battle
- Fix buggy gamepad menu interactions with spell menu
- If a name is entered in japanese/korean and the language is later switched to English or another locale, so that a text field with non-asian characters
ever attempts to display asian text, display the asian text using romanization (Hepburn or RROK) rather than display nothing at all (this does not change the underlying data).
- Optimize party screen so it's faster to navigate with the gamepad
- Fix some issues with gamepad navigation on the battle screen
- Switched to bitmap fonts for many screens - should be more responsive, particularly when using gamepad navigation
- Fix artifacts in berserker animation
- Fix enemy death animations
- Make color selections for healer, knight, mage, slightly less terrible
- Add dragon roar sound effect
- Add sound effect to indicate first and last enemy wave
- German, French, and Spanish translations now officialy out of beta, should be 100% complete.
- Fixes to the journal -- shouldn't have ugly overlaps and layout problems in
any of the locales now.
- New sound effects
- Fixed a few weapon icons that had some bleed-over
- Simplified Spell "Need PSI" and "Wait" overlays to be less buggy in other locales
- Fix monastery tutorial (keyboard vs. gamepad mode)
- Fix some of Ketta's battle portraits
- Fix battle dialog window position in some cases
- Remove OUYA/Logitech button icons so I have less things to maintain
- Fix knight's generic HD sprite icon
- Combined splash screen with loading screen
- Add James Gray, Lucas Pope, Syrenne McNulty, and Nilsen Filc to credits
- Remove old website links from credits
- Made gamepad button prompts have a subtle animated effect (for non-steam-controller mode)
- The new little twinkly star on the title screen is not a special secret, it's to fulfill a boring requirement on consoles that no screen is ever entirely static
(Full changelog)
high rated

[Part 2 of 2]

Grim Dawn has changed

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 1.0.4.1 (05 January 2018)

Crucible
- Kubacabra and Reaper of the Lost now stack less damage bonuses from attacks. Kubacabra's blood pools now reduce player damage by less and heal monsters for less.

Mod Tools
- Fixed DBR templates missing the updated mastery limit of 40

Tech
- Fixed an issue that prevented swapping of stash files while a character is loaded, which conflicted with various user utilities for stash management.
- Fixed an issue where Conversion on Pet Bonuses failed to apply

Game
- Reduced damage dealt by Grava'thul's Annihilation Orb at short range, reduced the casting speed for this ability by 33%
- Fixed an issue where the Monster Infrequent quest reward from The Bloodsworn Damned quest would be generated without affixes.

Itemization
- Fixed various minor changes from 1.0.4.0 that were not properly updated (ex. missing bonuses/changes)
(Full changelog)

Masquerada: Songs and Shadows has changed

>>> Features changed *FROM* Single-player *TO* Single-player, Cloud saves, Overlay

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Mac OS X installer, English --- Name *FROM* masquerada__songs_and_shadows_en_1_20_14025.pkg *TO* masquerada__songs_and_shadows_en_1_22_15296.pkg --- Size *FROM* 7.9 GB *TO* 7.9 GB (+28.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 1.20 *TO* 1.22

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 3) --- Name *FROM* setup_masquerada_-_songs_and_shadows_1.20(a)_(14052).exe *TO* setup_masquerada_-_songs_and_shadows_1.22_(17642).exe --- Size has not changed (1.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 1.20 *TO* 1.22

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 3) --- Name *FROM* setup_masquerada_-_songs_and_shadows_1.20(a)_(14052)-1.bin *TO* setup_masquerada_-_songs_and_shadows_1.22_(17642)-1.bin --- Size has not changed (4.0 GB) --- Version *FROM* 1.20 *TO* 1.22

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 3 of 3) --- Name *FROM* setup_masquerada_-_songs_and_shadows_1.20(a)_(14052)-2.bin *TO* setup_masquerada_-_songs_and_shadows_1.22_(17642)-2.bin --- Size *FROM* 3.0 GB *TO* 3.1 GB --- Version *FROM* 1.20 *TO* 1.22

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 1.22 (05 January 2018)

- Fixed intermittent game freeze on game launch on Windows.

Patch 1.21 (05 January 2018)

- Added support for Switch Pro controller (bluetooth wireless mode only)
- Fixed issue where mouse input is not accepted on laptops with touchscreens.
(Full changelog)

Puzzle Agent has changed

>>> Supported languages changed *FROM* Text only: English *TO* Audio and text: English

Puzzle Agent 2 has changed

>>> Supported languages changed *FROM* Text only: English *TO* Audio and text: English

Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness has changed

>>> Features changed *FROM* Single-player *TO* Single-player, Cloud saves

X3: Terran War Pack has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Mac OS X installer, English+Chinese+Czech+French+Italian+Japanese+Polish+Russian+Spanish --- Size *FROM* 7.5 GB *TO* 7.6 GB --- Version *FROM* 3.3 *TO* 3.4

* File changed: Mac OS X installer, German --- Size *FROM* 7.5 GB *TO* 7.7 GB --- Version *FROM* 3.3 *TO* 3.4

NOTE: The download links for the multilanguage installer above correspond to the English. In order to get the links for the other languages, you just need to substitute 'en2' in the URLs for 'cn2' (Chinese), 'cz2' (Czech), 'fr2' (French), 'it2' (Italian), 'jp2' (Japanese), 'pl2' (Polish), 'ru2' (Russian), or 'es2' (Spanish).

[NO CHANGELOG]

Zombasite has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: DLC: Orc Schism: Linux installer, English --- Size has not changed (45.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 1.018 *TO* 1.019

* File changed: DLC: Orc Schism: Mac OS X installer, English --- Size has not changed (47.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 1.018 *TO* 1.019

* File changed: DLC: Orc Schism: Windows installer, English --- Size *FROM* 43.0 MB *TO* 44.0 MB --- Version *FROM* 1.018 *TO* 1.019

* File changed: Linux installer, English --- Size has not changed (306.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 1.018 *TO* 1.019

* File changed: Mac OS X installer, English --- Size has not changed (307.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 1.018 *TO* 1.019

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (401.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 1.018 *TO* 1.019

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 1.019 (05 January 2018)

- fixed a major slow down in Skill::applyPassiveStatusEffects (Mithur)
- now only get ambushes when player makes noise (should fix many ambush problems and some slow down issues) (Crisses/Ghost Matter)
- fixed not getting reward chest for destroying clan (Powerfinder)
- slowed down slow/very paces by about 25% (Crisses)
- fixed a bug that allowed new defend clan stuff to get a free teleport to home (Russell)
- evidence quests now take relations into account even more (more likely to like for family and friends) (Crisses)
- decreased cost of paying vendors to come to town from 50/50 to 30/30 (Crisses)
- fixed clan highlight text not working sometimes when hide eliminated option is turned on (fbo)
- now 3 random clans have shades of brown as their colors instead of white (Orc Schism) (Romløk)
- now World::getLevelsMakeUpLevel only generates list once per level
- fixed destroyed clan message
- fixed critical hit debuff being backwards on debilitating strike (ploratio)
- fixed wishing well stuck message (Acer Spacer)
- made zombielords larger
- orc berserk sound no longer carries forever (BlastProcessing)
- fixed a bad tile in one of the dungeons
- bags no longer compare to starting backpack for better than checks
- fixed : location on skill points left (Xangi)
- updated copyright
- changed PROTOCOL_VERSION to 68
(Full changelog)