It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get Mystery Games in Leprechauns’ Hats • 300+ deals up to 90% off

UPDATE: The Sale is coming to its end and Daedalic's catalog joins in for the final stretch, alongside steampunk dungeon-crawler Vaporum. Make sure to snatch your Leprechaun hats and sweet deals until March 19, 11pm, everyone!

Oh, Paddy, dear, an' did ye hear the news that's goin' round? It's the start of the GOG.com St. Patrick’s Day Sale, lasting the whole week, I found!

Come join the festivities - we’re launching with 300+ deals up to -90%, and Leprechaun Hats full of great Mystery Games!

Since we’re all Irish this week, how about having some fun, and checking what the GOG Leprechauns have for us, hidden in their mystery Hats! Every Leprechaun Hat contains a Mystery Game that you don't own yet – it's a great way to discover something new and broaden your horizons. What's more, those Mystery Games that are also on sale cost more than the cost of a Hat, so you know you’re getting a great deal with every Hat you open. Check the FAQ for details.

And if you don’t trust in what the mischievous GOG Leprechauns will pick for you, choose from more than 300 deals, with discounts ranging up to -90%. We’ve selected for you some all-time classics, as well as the best games from recent years including Little Nightmares (-50%), Ys SEVEN (-25%), ABZU (-50%), Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (-75%), Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition (-40%), STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic II (up to -75%), Yooka-Laylee (-66%) and many more.

The GOG.com St. Patrick’s Day Sale will last until March 19, 11pm UTC.
high rated
Honestly, GOG, if you need more money you could do much better. Look at Humble and their occasional and monthly bundles, or the other tons of sites offering discounts and tier-ed bundles, or for god's sake come up with something new but not these lottery sales. I understand nobody buys regularly most of the games you put into these hats or piñatas or whatever, and that for you it's easy coin, but man if you guys brag about gamer/user-friendly and DRM free practices, you've gotta know you're killing all your good karma (and in my opinion, trustworthiness) with this stuff.

I don't think I'll be buying more games here until this trend stops. I know you probably don't care and that's alright, but hey maybe the feedback helps (or maybe not). I've invested enough money and time on this site to care about it a little bit and take my time to post a few thoughts, but nowadays I'd rather buy my games on Humble and support charities than buying them here and indirectly promoting piñatas, hats, shoes or whatever stupid thing you come up with next.
Post edited March 12, 2018 by contra_cultura
high rated
I wish GOG would stop with the gambling-style lootbox type of sales. They are unethical.

And contrary to what the official marketing says, every game is not worth $3.49 or more to every user who pays for it, because "worth" is subjective and it varies from one individual to another, based upon whether or not a particular user has any desire to play that specific game. If a particular user has no zero desire to play a specific game, then for that user, that game is worth $0.
Post edited March 12, 2018 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
high rated
kneekoo: It's sad, that the Good Old GOG is dead. [..]
I really miss the Good Old GOG. It bums me out to see the website as it is. Their DRM-free policy "adapted" to allow some exceptions, the website cries for attention all over the place, and it looks like more and more stuff is broken these days.
How true...

kneekoo: Regarding this sale, has anyone found a title discounted by 90%? I didn't, because nothing on this website is discounted by 90%. I see no point in making a headline for such discounts when they don't exist. So was it intentionally fake advertisement? Or are the marketing and development departments out of touch?
With the exception of the last part, as there are two games with 90% discount:

$2.49 90% Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut
$2.49 90% We are the Dwarves

And as you still cannot sort by discount on GOG here's the list of games with a discount of 80% or more:

$0.89 85% Alien Breed + Tower Assault
$0.89 85% World Rally Fever: Born on the Road
$1.49 85% AI War: DLC Pack (*)
$1.49 85% AI War: Fleet Command (*)
$1.49 85% Bionic Dues (*)
$1.49 85% Carmageddon Max Pack
$1.49 85% Shattered Haven (*)
$2.24 85% Spelunky (*)
$2.54 85% AI War Collection (*)

$0.99 80% Starpoint Gemini 2: Secrets of Aethera
$0.99 80% Starpoint Gemini 2: Titans
$1.39 80% The Last Federation - Betrayed Hope (*)
$1.39 80% The Last Federation - The Lost Technologies (*)
$1.89 80% Omerta: The Japanese Incentive
$1.99 80% Aquaria (*)
$1.99 80% Carmageddon 2: Carpocalypse Now
$1.99 80% Crusader Kings Complete
$1.99 80% Cultures 1+2
$1.99 80% Dark Fall 3: Lost Souls
$1.99 80% Depths of Peril (*)
$2.99 80% Sacred 2 Gold
$3.99 80% Into the Stars
$3.99 80% The Last Federation (*)
$4.99 80% Omerta: City of Gangsters Gold Edition
$4.99 80% The Last Federation Collection (*)
$5.99 80% Risen 2: Dark Waters Gold Edition
$5.99 80% Risen 3: Titan Lords - Complete Edition
$6.99 80% Starpoint Gemini 2

(*) Several of these games are part of the still running weekly sale, so their discounts may or may not disappear in a few hours.
Post edited March 12, 2018 by eiii
Another big sale, so soon?
are you kidding me, GOG?

You're stooping to gambleboxes (or gamblehats) now?

this is not the GOG i like so much.
Zoidberg: So it's my day, today. Can I get a game? :P
bigblueogre: Another RNG-based system? That's very disappointing GOG.
Zoidberg: Yeah, but our opinions don't matter so I guess there's nothing to do. :/
That's not entirely true, though. :) We made them change their mind about Opus Magnum, so they do listen. Voicing your opinion is always worth a shot, as long as your arguments re sound! ^^
Wishmaster777: It's very simple - if you don't want to buy a mystery hat then don't do it.
ciemnogrodzianin: That was my opinion until I've noticed that GOG manipulates regular discounts to make those Mistery Boxes more attractive.

By the way, I'm not going to touch my wallet without reading RWarehall's spreadsheet.
true this and wise. i really am getting leery of GoG marketing blitzkrieg, its like they are desperate for money, and with desperation comes shenanigans to boosts sales

i think these mystery boxes would be ok for those with small libraries, bound to get something they would like, otherwise its bound to disappoint. i havent done one in ages
Nothing for me so far. Might get one, might not - we'll see what the next few days bring.

And GoG always does these for St. Paddy's. "Luck O' The Irish" , Pot of Gold type thing. Sort of fits. I always *think* I'll grab one or two for a laugh but never do. I think I missed a really good one recently that had a lot of interesting titles. I'll take a pass on this one though.
Ixamyakxim: Nothing for me so far. Might get one, might not - we'll see what the next few days bring.

And GoG always does these for St. Paddy's. "Luck O' The Irish" , Pot of Gold type thing. Sort of fits. I always *think* I'll grab one or two for a laugh but never do. I think I missed a really good one recently that had a lot of interesting titles. I'll take a pass on this one though.
Don't. Those kind of things are just bad business practices.

If they want to, as they usually give away a game they could give one of those hats to everyone so then one gets a random game and may get lucky.
Post edited March 12, 2018 by Zoidberg
eiii: With the exception of the last part, as there are two games with 90% discount:

$2.49 90% Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut
$2.49 90% We are the Dwarves

And as you still cannot sort by discount on GOG here's the list of games with a discount of 80% or more:
Ok, I missed those. It would be nice if we could filter out the games we own, and sort the games by price and discounts, but I won't ask for such a feature because I have exactly zero faith of that being implemented. So if they wanted people to back off from suggesting stuff, they won on my account. I gave up.

There was a time when visiting this website was fun and exciting. Now it's riddled with bugs and random crap. Like after I've bought hundreds of games I'd want to spend money on random stuff that I didn't even wishlist. I get that some people like that, especially when they don't have many games, but many others are old timers here (I'm here since GOG was still in beta). We need something more to have fun, but I don't think GOG still has the manpower and will to make it happen. Almost everything seems to much to ask and expect from them.
As much as people hate the mystery bags, i defenitely see people regularly buying around 5 on the mystery bag report threads. Some people even buy like upwards of 15 of these, although they may ask for returns on them.

I'm not sure how many lootboxes are needed to be purchased to have them be profitable, but people still do buy them. At the very least there should he zero duplicates.

I will say that waiting for some of my wishlisted games to be on sale, and having them not be on sale time and time again makes me want to try my hand at a bag. Even if that is a sales tactic in itself. My reservation is that there may be different odds for games that are of higher quality than say below average games. If that were true, and not disclosed, it sounds unethical.
Post edited March 12, 2018 by pkk234
oh look white march expansion pass 40% off again, you know I reckon I'm going to end up buying the Pillars of Eternity definitive edition in the end because it will be a cheaper way to the expansion pass.
Post edited March 12, 2018 by drinnen
pkk234: As much as people hate the mystery bags, i defenitely see people regularly buying around 5 on the mystery bag report threads. Some people even buy like upwards of 15 of these, although they may ask for returns on them.
Some people enjoy gambling, others have an addiction with that, and others are simply not interested in blind chances. I'm not against the idea itself, but many of us are left out. I remember a sale not long ago, which had both this luck-based system and a progress bar for those who wanted some free games once they reached some milestones. And there are other ways to keep the people interested. But now even the lucky hats have proven to be buggy.

I guess what pisses me off the most is the fact that there was a time when this site was awesome, and that time is long gone.
I'd play the hat game if the game I receive is compatible with my OS platform of choice (Linux, MacOS).
Am I the only person disappointed that practically every Star Wars game is on sale except the amazing Battlefront 2? The STILL greatest Battlefront of all time?!??!