It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
jefequeso: Oh no... no no no...

I foolishly tweeted something about it with the #gamergate hashtag, and now I've got a bunch of pro-GGers saying they are going to buy my game to support me.

I don't want to be part of this, at all, right now.

My Twitter is exploding.

Ok, I think it's stopped...

please ignore me, internet.

https://twitter.com/davidsgallant/status/527933410728108032
I am shocked and applalled. How dare you! You turned against us!

How dare you not release this game on GoG!

What, you though I was gonna say something else :D

But seriously, looks like an interesting game... I just don't like steam :p
low rated

I foolishly tweeted something about it with the #gamergate hashtag, and now I've got a bunch of pro-GGers saying they are going to buy my game to support me.

My Twitter is exploding.

Jennifer: What the hell? He incites people against you and then demands you never contact him again after you politely say there was a misunderstanding? And he claims GG is the hate movement? :S
Yeah, I don't even know. Especially since I was just responding to an unrelated issue.

I wonder if I should tell him that the issue has been resolved now, just to spite him... -__- (I'm kidding)

My Twitter is exploding.

tremere110: I am shocked and applalled. How dare you! You turned against us!

How dare you not release this game on GoG!

What, you though I was gonna say something else :D

But seriously, looks like an interesting game... I just don't like steam :p
I'm wondering if GOG would accept the game now that it's on Steam...

Worth a try, I guess :). I'll add it to my list of "stuff to do now that I'm on Steam."
Post edited October 31, 2014 by jefequeso
low rated

My Twitter is exploding.

Jennifer: What the hell? He incites people against you and then demands you never contact him again after you politely say there was a misunderstanding? And he claims GG is the hate movement? :S
Haha, a hate group, in what reality does that guy live? I am a gamer, I played probably already games when that guy was not born. And yes, I think when 10 media sites declare on the same day that gamers are dead and want to impose political and social opinions on me, because I play computer games - ones that are insulting my intellect - it is ok to say, you're generalizing and shooting a bit too far.

My own opinion not related to this thread:
Those Twitter hipster pop culture critics, using a medium like Twitter where no serious discussion is possible at all. Trying to build a cult around themselves on youtube or other websites to make a living, making themselves persons of open interest and then falling to their own hypocrisy and then trying to backlash on millions of people, when there is a scar on their sparkling armor of integrity,
Post edited October 31, 2014 by MaGo72

My Twitter is exploding.

Sorry to hear about that. Probably for the best to distance yourself from that bloody hashtag, given the baggage that it has (rightfully or wrongly) been saddled with.

For what it's worth, it made me realize your game existed. Looks interesting enough that I'll be on the lookout for more info; who knows, I might wind up picking it up if GOG sells it at some point.
low rated

My Twitter is exploding.

Oh no. You've done it now. You might as well have just sent Adolf Hitler a get well card. You silly sexist with your sexist game dev privilege.

But seriously, no don't run... don't hide. Don't shy away from GG. Stand your ground and fight. If you run now, you'll end up running your whole life. Some things are worth fighting for. Speak your mind and your ass will follow. Better that than the SJWs, who tend to speak out of their asses in order to find their minds.
Post edited October 31, 2014 by Emob78
low rated

My Twitter is exploding.

I think incites might be a bit strong, he draws peoples attention to a developer who has openly supported a group that he finds disagreeable. Bare in mind his view of gamergate is not a positive one, you might not agree with it, but that doesn't change the fact that to him GG is might not be all that different to a group that drowns cute puppies (ok I'm probably exaggerating but only to emphasise the point). GG supporters are calling for boycotts of news sites and what not that are (or supposedly are) anti-GG, this isn't all that different really. The difference here is jefequeso embodies a real living breathing human being whose hard work will be effected by this, but then how many other people are in the same boat on BOTH sides of the debate?

No offence meant to you jefequeso, I don't think your game and hard work deserve to suffer because of your personal beliefs.
low rated
chincilla: I think incites might be a bit strong, he draws peoples attention to a developer who has openly supported a group that he finds disagreeable. Bare in mind his view of gamergate is not a positive one, you might not agree with it, but that doesn't change the fact that to him GG is might not be all that different to a group that drowns cute puppies (ok I'm probably exaggerating but only to emphasise the point). GG supporters are calling for boycotts of news sites and what not that are (or supposedly are) anti-GG, this isn't all that different really. The difference here is jefequeso embodies a real living breathing human being whose hard work will be effected by this, but then how many other people are in the same boat on BOTH sides of the debate?

No offence meant to you jefequeso, I don't think your game and hard work deserve to suffer because of your personal beliefs.
Fair enough. That's one of the reasons I haven't felt comfortable about participating in the emailing campaigns.

It is a little silly that he addresses me, then takes offense when I actually answer him, though :P
low rated
jefequeso: I'm wondering if GOG would accept the game now that it's on Steam...

Worth a try, I guess :). I'll add it to my list of "stuff to do now that I'm on Steam."
Why wouldn't they? Releasing on steam is pretty much a no brainer for anyone wanting to make a profit due to their enourmous market share. Except for older games, almost every game here has been released on steam as well.

I hope it gets added to GoG. You might want to wait until the Lucasarts stuff dies down a bit though - no offense but nothing really compares favourably against that powerhouse :)
low rated

So long as the game is polished enough not to cause problems with their money-back guarantee, I don't see them having a cause to reject it. Maybe you could entice them with an Author's Preferred Version ;)

Btw, congratulations on making the front page on Steam! Hopefully, that puts you beyond any nonsensical GG-related backlash :-)
low rated

tremere110: Why wouldn't they? Releasing on steam is pretty much a no brainer for anyone wanting to make a profit due to their enourmous market share. Except for older games, almost every game here has been released on steam as well.

I hope it gets added to GoG. You might want to wait until the Lucasarts stuff dies down a bit though - no offense but nothing really compares favourably against that powerhouse :)
Well, the rejected it before...

I think GOG is a little bit pickier about the games they sell than Steam is. But yeah... I'll give it a try. And yeah, I'm going to wait until the gigantic Gorilla otherwise known as Lucasarts has ceased its rampaging :D

My Twitter is exploding.

I was going to say, you will probably get more sale as a result anyway. Just ignore.

People like @davidsgallant are the reason why, notwithstanding I don't support gamergate, I also cannot support anti- gamergate.
low rated
jefequeso: I think GOG is a little bit pickier about the games they sell than Steam is. But yeah... I'll give it a try. And yeah, I'm going to wait until the gigantic Gorilla otherwise known as Lucasarts has ceased its rampaging :D
It probably doesn't help that Steam exists as a sort of nightmare example of what happens when you have lax standards of quality control in place (or more often, when those standards are non-existent). Best of luck, though.
low rated
There's an old saying, "There is no such thing as bad publicity". At least more people have heard of your game as a result, and eventually even the opposition may forget why and buy it from name recognition.
low rated
RWarehall: There's an old saying, "There is no such thing as bad publicity". At least more people have heard of your game as a result, and eventually even the opposition may forget why and buy it from name recognition.
Weeeell, strictly speaking, that's not always true. Case in point, title topic.
low rated
I have a zero tolerance policy for people who send death and rape threats, or people who side with those people. Don't care what 'issue' they're frothing about. Did Gandhi or Martin Luther King send death threats? Did the American Founding Fathers mail King George curse words and threaten to rape his female friends? No? Well then.

If 'Gamersgate' was about anything other than trolls leading the naive, it wouldn't be a maelstrom of festering hatred and misogyny. There should be a serious discussion about journalism ethics, but this is not that discussion, and anyone using the 'Gamersgate' tag is part of the problem.

If someone doesn't want to be lumped in with bigoted and terrible human beings, they should stop using the terrible bigot calling card. It's like flying the Confederate flag - they might think they're making a difference, but all they're doing is telling people they don't mind (or actively want) being lumped with bigots and vile criminals.