It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

but aGG is so very nice
Post edited July 21, 2015 by dragonbeast
Less salt would be better for everyone. I know I'm responsible for some as well; and I apologize to people I hurt with personal attacks, specifically htown and Fever. Some back and forth is still better than nothing afterall.

TB's plight was there before GG and so was him going on about bad journalism. I don't understand why people overlook that and consider him some sort of general of gamergate or something.

Now its a buildup to the SPJ Airplay event on August 15th. It occurring at all will be a huge breakthrough.

AND yes master Vain is online again! Rep went from 154 to 151. Started this discussion at 250. That is some mighty force from a guy too dumb to discuss.
Post edited July 21, 2015 by Shadowstalker16
RWarehall: Fever, you are a fucking jerk. So if one links from Reaxxion they support woman haters? Automatically? FUCK YOU!!! You are a lying deceptive and manipulative asshole.

First off, you may not like some of the things the owner of that company says, but as far as I can tell, he primarily stands for Men's Rights and the women he opposes are a particular sub-group of those calling themselves feminists. You know, the kind that yell "patriarchy" and "privilege" and use those words as if they are definitive arguments in and of themselves.

Do you ever watch TV? Have you seen or read anything owned by Rupert Murdock? Then by your logic you support his right-wing opinions.

If you are going to vainly attempt to character assassinate people like above, be aware, you also live in such a glass house.

Quite frankly, I find you and your deceptive and misleading argumentation disgusting. GO FUCK YOURSELF!

This was the same stupid argument mentioned above claiming GOG supports Gamergate because they use TotalBiscuit in their promotions. That was a decidedly dumb claim to make and yours is just as dumb.
Fever_Discordia: Firstly, as much as I hate Murdock and his evil, phone tapping news empire, consuming The Simpsons or Sam and Max (on Fox Kids) is not the same as being taken in by articles in The Sun or on Fox news that are permeated by his political agenda, and no, I don't do that

The articles on Reaxxion ARE permeated by Rooch's politics and no, I don't believe that Rooch checks the feminist credentials of every women he 'hate-fucks' as research for his PUA rape manuals

Although, on the subject of feminists, while there is extremism equal to Rooch's on the rad fem side, there are still a lot of more moderate feminist voices out there who are making some good points, Emma Watson and Cate Blanchett keep popping up in my FB news feed, saying some very sensible things
LOL, so you think someone who supports a movement which wants to ban a word is sensible and moderate. Also see the pic.
Attachments:
Shadowstalker16: Less salt would be better for everyone. I know I'm responsible for some as well; and I apologize to people I hurt with personal attacks, specifically htown and Fever. Some back and forth is still better than nothing afterall.

TB's plight was there before GG and so was him going on about bad journalism. I don't understand why people overlook that and consider him some sort of general of gamergate or something.

Now its a buildup to the SPJ Airplay event on August 15th. It occurring at all will be a huge breakthrough.

AND yes master Vain is online again! Rep went from 154 to 151. Started this discussion at 250. That is some mighty force from a guy too dumb to discuss.
He is still voting me down on a regular basis although I'm not even looking at this mess of a thread anymore often for months, not mentioning my complete lack of participation here for a long time since I've got a real life that is a bit less hostile atm. I tried to start a dialogue between us but he didn't respond of course.

I'm sorry to see that Fever is still constantly downrepped too, whoever is doing this should stop, it's the same childish "trying to shut someone down" that is so common in certain circles.

Kudos to Jim Sterling for speaking out against calumny (and harrassment).
http://thegg.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/jiim-sterling.jpg

You can always recognise evil via its methods.
Post edited July 21, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Shadowstalker16: TB's plight was there before GG and so was him going on about bad journalism. I don't understand why people overlook that and consider him some sort of general of gamergate or something.

TB has been fair in his reporting and pro consumer. Where the SJW mob gets all their hate for TB is absolutely mind numbing. It's just punching up from what I can see.
low rated
Klumpen0815: You can always recognise evil via its methods.
Like clear cut mobbing and callout culture.

I downvote only when I see hateful and insulting posts and enemy concepts or links to rapist/harrassment/conspiracy websites, which unfortunately constitutes a whole lot of posts in this thread.

To attain that right, to actually use the system in the exact way GOG has intended it to work (and in no perceivable other way, I will stress), I actually have to READ all that stuff, which is depressing enough.

Be thankful that someone actually tries to understand those thoughts before dismissing them for what they unfortunately are.
Post edited July 21, 2015 by Vainamoinen
Klumpen0815: You can always recognise evil via its methods.
Vainamoinen: Like clear cut mobbing and callout culture.
I can't taste your post over the irony in the water. Repeat?
low rated
RWarehall: Look, its simple SJW assholes like Fever will go to any limit in their vain attempts to character assassinate their enemies. Such as "You linked Reaxxion, so you hate women." It doesn't have to make sense (because the SJW crazies rarely do) and better yet, it steals the narrative. So no longer are we talking about a particular article, now we are talking about something stupid.

And notice how Reaxxion hasn't been linked for weeks? But here Fever comes back to this thread talking about Reaxxion and Return of Kings. All because Fever is a Mega Asshole SJW Troll!

I don't need to be civil to obvious trolling assholes....
Again, the statement I was refuting was
"GG has been branded as many things it is not. It has been accused of supporting actual hate groups and actual women haters."
and, if we are to take this thread as a typical or even unusually grown up and moderate cross-section of GG supporters, you guys have demonstrated that GG (not Shadowstalker, individually or just the posters here) embraces and defends Reaxxion as a legitimate source of GG news, I posit that Reaxxion is part of an empire founded on the most blatant misogyny I have ever witnessed and therefore I believe that statement to be false, nothing more

What I consume or even whether I am a woman hater personally is irrelevant, doesn't affect the validity (or lack there of) of Shadowstalker's statement
low rated
Shadowstalker16: I can't taste your post over the irony in the water. Repeat?
Mobbing and callout culture.

Things that, at the most basic level, require actively participating in a discussion, and being a shitbag in it.
Post edited July 21, 2015 by Vainamoinen
Vainamoinen: Mobbing and callout culture.

Things that, at the most basic level, require actively participating in a discussion, and being a shitbag in it.
What exactly does that mean?
Fever_Discordia: 8<~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shadowstalker16: First of all, I'm the only one who links to there
Ah -hem. I link there (you may remember [Vainamoinen]'s meltdown over this when he went thru the forum and counted up all the times I had mentioned or linked to Roosh or Sarkeesian Effect related materials) - I haven't for a while but mainly because I don't frequent this thread as much as I used to. Reaxxion is good as a source of easily digestable (usually short) but fairly intelligent articles on gaming and can be used to make a point to the antigaming crowd or to progaming people too. As for that horrible nasty man Roosh, sure he's an a**hole but he's editor-in-chief (or whatever) of several online publications and last time I checked that was a job prerequisite - no wonder Reaxxion and RofK's are thriving!
Technically hypocrisy is a better fit than irony because he isn't unwittingly doing something opposite to those principles.
Post edited July 21, 2015 by huN73R
Vainamoinen: 8<~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shadowstalker16: What exactly does that mean?
I warned you once and I'll warn you again. Don't feed that creature - it thrives on negative attention.
RWarehall: Look, its simple SJW assholes like Fever will go to any limit in their vain attempts to character assassinate their enemies. Such as "You linked Reaxxion, so you hate women." It doesn't have to make sense (because the SJW crazies rarely do) and better yet, it steals the narrative. So no longer are we talking about a particular article, now we are talking about something stupid.

And notice how Reaxxion hasn't been linked for weeks? But here Fever comes back to this thread talking about Reaxxion and Return of Kings. All because Fever is a Mega Asshole SJW Troll!

I don't need to be civil to obvious trolling assholes....
Fever_Discordia: Again, the statement I was refuting was
"GG has been branded as many things it is not. It has been accused of supporting actual hate groups and actual women haters."
and, if we are to take this thread as a typical or even unusually grown up and moderate cross-section of GG supporters, you guys have demonstrated that GG (not Shadowstalker, individually or just the posters here) embraces and defends Reaxxion as a legitimate source of GG news, I posit that Reaxxion is part of an empire founded on the most blatant misogyny I have ever witnessed and therefore I believe that statement to be false, nothing more

What I consume or even whether I am a woman hater personally is irrelevant, doesn't affect the validity (or lack there of) of Shadowstalker's statement
But no one was claiming reaxxion was credible because it was founded by Roosh. The site being owned by the person doesn't mean he can somehow distort the facts of whatever news because facts are facts. To ME, since I posted some reaxxion links; reaxxion seemed more unbiased to those particular news items I wished to link than others I found. Turns out I wasn't looking hard enough and I could've dug in the KiA subreddit to find direct archived links. In other times I posted archived links and reaxxion links, which I admit may or may not have been necessary.
AKA; reaxxion having support / being defended doesn't have to do with its ownership by Roosh but more to do with particular articles being perceived as neutral (which is subjective) and the person posting the link feeling it is more reliable than The Guardian or HPost or whatever.

Shadowstalker16: First of all, I'm the only one who links to there
noncompliantgame: Ah -hem. I link there (you may remember [Vainamoinen]'s meltdown over this when he went thru the forum and counted up all the times I had mentioned or linked to Roosh or Sarkeesian Effect related materials) - I haven't for a while but mainly because I don't frequent this thread as much as I used to. Reaxxion is good as a source of easily digestable (usually short) but fairly intelligent articles on gaming and can be used to make a point to the antigaming crowd or to progaming people too. As for that horrible nasty man Roosh, sure he's an a**hole but he's editor-in-chief (or whatever) of several online publications and last time I checked that was a job prerequisite - no wonder Reaxxion and RofK's are thriving!
Edited / fixed in the posts! It does indeed have short op-eds on the biggish stories that isn't 100% biased so yeah, a little reflection on the other sites.
Post edited July 21, 2015 by Shadowstalker16
I don't want to pile on, and I really have nothing against you as a person (I even enjoy many of your posts despite sometimes being the target), but where did you fall on shirtgate? I don't remember if you weighed in or not, and the forum search is less than ideal for finding things, but the greater point is that those who you've aligned with in previous posts engaged in exactly what you're decrying and it was hardly an isolated instance. Just see what Gawker did recently for a recent example.

It's great to see you against those things, though. Maybe there's hope of seeing eye-to-eye on this at least.