It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: The people trying to sue us sent us a Christmas card. XD
You're getting sued? What?
Did the scammers/bots finally catch up to you in real life?
I fired up IL-2 again. It's been a while since last time and, well, the joystick doesn't work. The key configuration has gone all to hell, and I would have to redo it all over again, which is way more difficult than it probably sounds because of the rather complicated and boring way that the joystick software interacts with the game. As much as I like the game, I don't think I can do that anymore, especially because I would just live in constant paranoia that this could happen again.

Yeah, I'm getting to the point where I would rather just play something that works out of the box. I think I'm getting old.
Should be writing a page of my thesis a day. I'm not. In addition, I'm already fifteen pages behind schedule for this year - a page a day, see.

Yay.
I'm tired of life. Have been awake since 5:30, worrying about the examination coming between October this year/April 2016 when I will hear if the organisation (UWV) giving me my disability benefit will still deem me unable to work (paid that is, I'm able to do volunteer's work for 7 hours a week, that's straining my capacity to the max). My life has been burdened by even more stress than the worries about climate change, peak oil and the stress of daily life living with a mental illness since the government announced they'll re-examine all 'young-disabled' people a few years ago.

Longing back to the time my life was better, in the knowledge my benefit would be permanent. Well, relatively better, until I got struck by worries from peak-oil that is. I do remember some years that were relatively worry-free and free of depression. But I'm looking forward even more to the day I'll die. Luckily, I turned 45. People with mental illnesses live 15 years less, statistically (even when not taking the suicides into account). So that's a big relief. I'm probably way past the half of my life now :-). Let's end with this happy note.
Turns out I forgot my anti-depressant yesterday. Took the pill for today. My father reminded me of my crisis-prevention plan and taking it in hand, it reminded me of taking vitamins B and C and the minerals Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc. Plus I've started making breakfast. And "One hundred years" from The Cure helped me get in touch with my anger and hate at this world and thus tap into a source of adrenaline and energy. So I'm beginning to start to face the day.
Post edited January 17, 2016 by DubConqueror
Have you ever known someone who gives you advice you don't ask for & it's usually bad advice with them pretending it's good advice? Such as saying, "you should eat {{obviously unhealthy food item}} because it's healthy." Not just food, but all types of advice. And they're not a good liar... so it's sad/annoying rather than fascinating, challenging or entertaining like a good book or good movie with a clever con artist. And you grew up with this person so you know all their poker signs/clues for when they lie, but they do it anyways. And constantly you try to be nice to them thinking it will turn them around...

Kindness begets kindness evermore. -SOPHOCLES

Kindness can turn the bad man's heart, and fools convert to wise,
Make poison into nectar-juice, and friends of enemies. -BHARTRHARI

... only to see them unchanged (like a rock would be if you were kind to it) and overhear them lying behind your back and/or trying to disrespect you to others. If you ask them to elaborate to justify their "advice" or explain their lie/disrespect then they act innocent or pretend they were just trying to be helpful or pretend it's not a big deal. Yes, I could cut all communication with him, but that's harder to do with family & I don't need more drama in my life with him playing victim & talking/lying more about me. Giving him a taste of his own medicine would only anger him without him ever understanding/learning the point. Logic isn't his strong point.

I've only met one other person like this (who was not family), but that tells me this isn't a unique kind of jerk out there.
Post edited January 17, 2016 by PyroDrew
AlKim: Should be writing a page of my thesis a day. I'm not. In addition, I'm already fifteen pages behind schedule for this year - a page a day, see.

Yay.
I'm in a similar predicament. I was supposed to send a solid draft of about 2/3 of the work done to my mentor by the beginning of January, but as it stands now, I've only got a quarter done. I get distracted by games. Just two hours this Sunday, to wind down and reward myself after a hard week's work, but then I end up playing until the afternoon.
Just broke our pizza cutter...
NuffCatnip: Just broke our pizza cutter...
Yeah, but was the pizza worth it? That's what we're all wanting to know.
At least it is something you can live without in the short term and that can be easily bought from a store.

How about having a snowblower break on the first big snowfall?
Emob78: Yeah, but was the pizza worth it? That's what we're all wanting to know.
It was good, but if it was a tuna pizza itd be perfect.
dtgreene: At least it is something you can live without in the short term and that can be easily bought from a store.

That would suck, but it didnt snow the whole last year and it doesnt seem like this year will be different in that regard. :/
Post edited January 19, 2016 by NuffCatnip
dtgreene: How about having a snowblower break on the first big snowfall?
NuffCatnip: That would suck, but it didnt snow the whole last year and it doesnt seem like this year will be different in that regard. :/
What do you mean, it doesn't seem like this year is any different? I can see snow and ice right outside my window!
NuffCatnip: That would suck, but it didnt snow the whole last year and it doesnt seem like this year will be different in that regard. :/
dtgreene: What do you mean, it doesn't seem like this year is any different? I can see snow and ice right outside my window!
Therell be temperatures around 2°C/ 35,6°F until Friday and then itll jump back up to 13°C/55,4°F.

That sounds amazing, for me at least. :D
Post edited January 19, 2016 by NuffCatnip
dtgreene: At least it is something you can live without in the short term and that can be easily bought from a store.

In the category of No Good Deed Goes Unpunished, a few years back I was clearing the neighbor's sidewalks since she's a single mom and I already had the blower out and running. Hit a friggin' newspaper. That which didn't turn into a cloud of colorful confetti wedged itself between the blade shaft and the reducer housing. So after picking up a blizzard of pizza ads, Parade, and birdcage liner from her yard, I then spent about a half hour unjamming my snowblower. And it has sounded a bit rough ever since.
My calico kitty is harassing me (look in avatar for the culprit). She constantly puts her nose, lips and generally snout on my face, she licks my lips, she even rubs her mouth on my face leaving her saliva all around me and then, love-bites the area directly under my lips, like how a human girl would (and did many times, actually)! God damn it, do i have the appearance of a male cat or something? Dang! Now i must constantly use those scented cleaning papers on me all the time! I can't take it anymore!!!