It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Winter's back. Time to put the bike back on her spike tyres, it seems.
Soccorro: nope its personal leasing so you dont get anything for the first day. if they think they might need you after having watched you for a day, they can offer you a paid job. that is quite a problem here with leasing companies.. .oh he has worked for a day? allright fire him and get us another one for a day. unless your experience and skill is invaluable to the company this is what might hapen to you. but i did not want to do it actually. the work there was extremely dangerous and incredibly tiring. i woke up at 3am got there at 6am and was home at 5:30 pm.
But if you have a contract with a company, they can't even fire you without good reason, so they are a little bit too careful.
monkeydelarge: That's why I said they probably just hired you for those 8 hours. They needed someone to be a slave for some project. Hopefully, your next employer won't be a douchebag.
apparently im not the only one. such a coincidence, the project we worked on is finished now and nearly everyone there got fired.
I think I should stop reading the article comments on MMORPG.com... it's making me dislike people something chronic :/
I totally need to take a paid vacation outta here. I grow increasingly weary of the same old, same old weary routine everyday. It makes me feel like a bird trapped in a cage. I'd love to go Thailand or Malaysia or Japan....mostly Thailand though since it has a bit of everything for a tourist to check out ; ).
Damn meetings. Either early morning or during a lunch break.

Can't people schedule meetings properly, like from 9-11 or 1-3. Why do they always have to have them at the break of dawn or mess up my personal time. I guess it's better than the meeting right before it's time to go, as those usually run past their intended end time, and then you get stuck in traffic, or you have the old cranky bastards that got there 2 hours before the start of the day and expect dinner no later than 4:30pm.
Speaking of which why do old people get to work so early, it's not as if you are getting paid those extra hours you are sitting in the office reading the paper. You are screwing yourself over, and make people like me look bad for getting to their desk right at the buzzer.
Lionel212008: I totally need to take a paid vacation outta here. I grow increasingly weary of the same old, same old weary routine everyday. It makes me feel like a bird trapped in a cage. I'd love to go Thailand or Malaysia or Japan....mostly Thailand though since it has a bit of everything for a tourist to check out ; ).
yep, same here. I have to get out pretty soon or i am gonna freak out hehe. Thailand is really cool, i have been there twice. I can also recommend going to Indonesia, they have all you need to chill out ;)
jjsimp: Damn meetings. Either early morning or during a lunch break.

Can't people schedule meetings properly, like from 9-11 or 1-3. Why do they always have to have them at the break of dawn or mess up my personal time.
I used to have the same problem. I guess it is because the most convenient times are already reserved, so the ad hoc meetings can only be at inconvenient times.

One thing that has helped me a bit is I've made a daily recurring calendar reservation from 12-12:30 for myself. That's my lunch time, so no guarantees of seeing me in the meeting on time, if someone decides to arrange a meeting over my own reservation. As long as I can go to lunch sometime around 11:30-13:30 or so, it is fine.

A couple of times I've also taken my food to the meeting and eaten there, as otherwise I would have had to skip the lunch altogether. :)

Morning meetings though... I guess we have an unwritten rule that by default all meetings should be arranged between 9am and 16pm, those are the only hours that one is supposed to be reachable in the office (ie. some don't come to office before 9am, and some leave already at 4pm). There are naturally some exceptions though, e.g. if there is a big timezone difference between the participants.
Post edited March 18, 2014 by timppu
Lionel212008: I totally need to take a paid vacation outta here. I grow increasingly weary of the same old, same old weary routine everyday. It makes me feel like a bird trapped in a cage. I'd love to go Thailand or Malaysia or Japan....mostly Thailand though since it has a bit of everything for a tourist to check out ; ).
loenatik: yep, same here. I have to get out pretty soon or i am gonna freak out hehe. Thailand is really cool, i have been there twice. I can also recommend going to Indonesia, they have all you need to chill out ;)
Yea I have always wanted to go to Bali although Bangkok is more accessible from around here while not being too expensive( a little over 600 dollars is all you need).
I'm going to be instructed to my new job next week. and i have no clue how i will do. This is going to be my first "contract" job. A good friend of mine who is also working there said, they are treating their coworkers badly and that he is only going to do it as long as it is necessary, then leave the temp agency for good. i also need an explanation for the huge gap of around 1,5 years after leaving school. i havent't really done much but jobhunting and volunteering. :S
Soccorro: I'm going to be instructed to my new job next week. and i have no clue how i will do. This is going to be my first "contract" job. A good friend of mine who is also working there said, they are treating their coworkers badly and that he is only going to do it as long as it is necessary, then leave the temp agency for good. i also need an explanation for the huge gap of around 1,5 years after leaving school. i havent't really done much but jobhunting and volunteering. :S
I had a very bad experience with the temp agencies, so if I should ever lose my current job I will never use one of them. It seems like the smaller businesses use them for low paying wage slaves and do not plan to ever hire someone full time for the job.
And it seems par for the course now a days that employers are treating their employees like crap: Low Salary, Low Incentives, Do not match 401K, etc.
Even my company, that once had a very good incentive program, is removing some of our choicer bennies, but at least my pay is still good and it's a might tougher for them to remove that from me.
Soccorro: I'm going to be instructed to my new job next week. and i have no clue how i will do. This is going to be my first "contract" job. A good friend of mine who is also working there said, they are treating their coworkers badly and that he is only going to do it as long as it is necessary, then leave the temp agency for good. i also need an explanation for the huge gap of around 1,5 years after leaving school. i havent't really done much but jobhunting and volunteering. :S
jjsimp: I had a very bad experience with the temp agencies, so if I should ever lose my current job I will never use one of them.
No shit!

BTW if anyone here says they have never seen this movie then YOU ARE LYING! :D
Attachments:
temp.jpg (33 Kb)
Fucking pay TV Channels having me rewire my entertainment system due to their excessive HDCP (DRM) bullshit.

I have an HDMI cable going from my DVR to my Stereo and one going from my stereo to my TV. All HDMI cables are at least spec 1.4. Worked fine for the past two years, but all of a sudden if I want to watch HBO, Showtime, etc all of a sudden this does not support their content requirements. Ran an HDMI directly from my TV to DVR and it works. My setup must be one of the rarest setups in the world. I'm sure no one else has a stereo connected to their TV. So, in order to get a great sound experience, I have to run Component cables from the DVR to my TV, because my DVR only has one HDMI out. Then get an optical cable from my DVR to my stereo. There goes my one cable for everything, and back to the cabling and remote control nightmare.

Thanks you MPAA/RIAA assholes...You just make me want to pirate and cut my pay TV channels.
Post edited March 21, 2014 by jjsimp
jjsimp: I had a very bad experience with the temp agencies, so if I should ever lose my current job I will never use one of them. It seems like the smaller businesses use them for low paying wage slaves and do not plan to ever hire someone full time for the job.
And it seems par for the course now a days that employers are treating their employees like crap: Low Salary, Low Incentives, Do not match 401K, etc.
Even my company, that once had a very good incentive program, is removing some of our choicer bennies, but at least my pay is still good and it's a might tougher for them to remove that from me.
Well, it's only natural for things to be this way if people continue to bend over and take it up the ass. People should bend over most of these employers and make them take it up the ass. But of course, I'm talking fantasy here considering the average person today.
Post edited March 22, 2014 by monkeydelarge
jjsimp: I had a very bad experience with the temp agencies, so if I should ever lose my current job I will never use one of them. It seems like the smaller businesses use them for low paying wage slaves and do not plan to ever hire someone full time for the job.
monkeydelarge: Well, it's only natural for things to be this way if people continue to bend over and take it up the ass. People should bend over most of these employers and make them take it up the ass. But of course, I'm talking fantasy here considering the average person today.
That is the case, when there are way more positions than job applicants. Sadly the opposite is the case.
monkeydelarge: Well, it's only natural for things to be this way if people continue to bend over and take it up the ass. People should bend over most of these employers and make them take it up the ass. But of course, I'm talking fantasy here considering the average person today.
Soccorro: That is the case, when there are way more positions than job applicants. Sadly the opposite is the case.
I think he is saying we ought to threaten to quit or even quit if some of our benefits are removed. Sadly, the times are not good for finding a job, and even worse if you leave a job because of something like that. In your interview you could have another reason for quitting, but all it takes is one phone call to your last employer to find the real reason.