It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: I just found out I've gone from a 30 to a 34 waist is just over a year.
the_bard: Sir,might I interest you in this thread?
Or maths. People complain about how difficult it is for them to lose weight; these are the kind of people who cannot count calories or cannot be bothered to do so. I grant that excercise is a good idea if you're trying to lose weight (makes sure you lose fat rather than muscle), but as far as weight loss is concerned, it's pretty inefficient.
Okay I was being a smartass! XD Yes I did gain that but I still look anorexic so I thought I'd have a goof at my own expense and it seems to have blown up on me. :P
the_bard: Sir,might I interest you in this thread?
AlKim: Or maths. People complain about how difficult it is for them to lose weight; these are the kind of people who cannot count calories or cannot be bothered to do so. I grant that excercise is a good idea if you're trying to lose weight (makes sure you lose fat rather than muscle), but as far as weight loss is concerned, it's pretty inefficient.
Yeah, proper weight loss requires one watch their intake(type of food and caloric count) & also do exercises every so often.
GameRager: General bitching: I completed the original Doom3 gameplay in the BFG Edition and found out that several things I know I did(Like beating the bosses and beating the bloody game.) didn't register their achievements. Not the end of the world, I know, but it tend to grate on my nerves(as I have OCD). :\

(While I played it would say achievements disabled even though I never accessed the console[usually this happened when picking up PDAs/vid logs/etc.]. I usually reloaded a previous save and hoped this would allow me to keep getting achievements, but nooooooooo. Dammit Steam, if you're gonna put achievements in games then make sure the system bloody works. 9____9)
I feel your pain :( I also have OCD and something it really catches me on is game achievements, though I'm a little better at walking away from something nowadays when/ if I realise I'm getting too hung up on them. Then again I'm on my fourth now pretty bored playthrough of The Cave at the moment working on the last achievements, so perhaps not that good ;)

For me, the worst about that is that I don't care so much about achievements themselves as a mark of particular gaming skill or pride, it's just that it can annoy me when there's these locked things a game wants you to do alongside all of the already unlocked ones, if that makes sense (I suspect not! :). That can be a perfect trigger for the looped feeling of 'do this, do this' creeping up and taking hold, particularly if it's a game I think I should be able to unlock everything for. Then you find yourself spending hours doing something incredibly pointless and irrelevant until the thing finally unlocks, and the next one, and the next, instead of just enjoying the game :/

Then there's the sod's law that so many times it's the really nasty, nigh-impossible achievements you've wasted too much time on that will go wrong or glitch; you think you've at last got them and then... nooooooooo!!! @##!%!! Such as the first Bioshock's 'Brass Balls' that taunts my otherwise completed achievement list for it...
And it wasn't even the first game that did this. In the past HL2 also glitched on achievements as well(even the bloody "getting the airboat gun" cheevo glithded out[I should've gotten it when I got the gun.].).
A guy messaged me yesterday asking whether he could use some of my music in his COMMERCIAL indie game FOR FREE. I said that that's not really an option but if he can't pay me upfront because he's working with no budget I understand and we can arrange a deal based on revenue shares.

Today he replied, proudly stating that he found some other schmuck who's willing to do it for free (I added the "schmuck" part but I think that's the only way how you can refer to an artist who's willingly spreading his legs and bending over like this).
Post edited March 26, 2013 by F4LL0UT
F4LL0UT: (I added the "schmuck" part but I think that's the only way how you can refer to an artist who's willingly spreading his legs and bending over like this).
Or ... You know ... An artist who probably has money / sufficient income from other sources and thus doesn't quite care about income from what he's doing. If you have to complain about somebody, be it the guy who messaged you for rubbing your face in that.
F4LL0UT: A guy messaged me yesterday asking whether he could use some of my music in his COMMERCIAL indie game FOR FREE. I said that that's not really an option but if he can't pay me upfront because he's working with no budget I understand and we can arrange a deal based on revenue shares.

Today he replied, proudly stating that he found some other schmuck who's willing to do it for free (I added the "schmuck" part but I think that's the only way how you can refer to an artist who's willingly spreading his legs and bending over like this).
Maybe the other guy's music was free because it was shit music? What is the old line, "Starving artist starving for a reason."

It's a little bit of a spin but every once in a while someone will take a picture of our inn (without telling us which is fine) post it on their web page (without telling us which is fine) and then send us a FUCKING BILL FOR ADVERTISING (which is not so fine!). Whenever we've refused to pay they threaten to sue at which point we tell them to eat the peanuts out of our shit and we never hear from them again. :D
Post edited March 26, 2013 by tinyE
Fenixp: Or ... You know ... An artist who probably has money / sufficient income from other sources and thus doesn't quite care about income from what he's doing.
In my experience (and I have some in this field) these indie amateurs look around places where you can find unestablished artists including a lot of teenagers without any business experience and who don't give a lot of thought to whether they are being exploited. They are often so thrilled by the first guy asking for permission to use their music that they don't even really understand what they are agreeing to, that their work will be used to generate income without giving them a piece of the pie.

But well, developers who actually try so hard to get music for free (and are ethically okay with exploiting others), rather than finding a good partner, usually aren't worth dealing with in the first place. 99% of them will create one absolutely crappy game and then quit this kind of career when they notice that just releasing a game won't make you a millionaire. So I don't care. What actually makes me angry is that this guy quite definitely managed to screw some talented kid over.

And no, I'm not a greedy bastard. I provide a huge library of pieces for free for non-commercial use. It's just that as an artist you have to know the difference between being nice and allowing others to exploit you.
tinyE: It's a little bit of a spin but every once in a while someone will take a picture of our inn (without telling us which is fine) post it on their web page (without telling us which is fine) and then send us a FUCKING BILL FOR ADVERTISING (which is not so fine!). Whenever we've refused to pay they threaten to sue at which point we tell them to eat the peanuts out of our shit and we never hear from them again. :D
Wow, man, that sucks. Well, good that you guys always stand your ground by offering them to eat shitnuts.
Post edited March 26, 2013 by F4LL0UT
Stupid people.........

Just................JHDGVASDH

if I hand you a Credit card to pay for something dont ask me if it's a debit transaction IF the card says DEBIT ok go ahead and ask........ if it does not then dont ask.

LEARN BASIC MATH PEOPLE!!!!!!!!! if I hand you 23 $ on a 18$ bill I'd like a 5 dollar bill back.... otherwise I'd have only given you 20.

LEARN TO READ PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!! Seriously..... sjhdsdqh the ajhasd is wrong with you....... If the job you are looking at says it closes in November of 2012, chances are they will not accept your app in MARCH of 2013. But by all means CALL THEM to make sure it is a mistake on their end after all don't spend 12 hours working on a CV just to give up when your boyfriend says "hey, it looks to me like they either already have someone for the position, and forgot to update their website or perhaps they are still looking".......Also........WHEN A JOB SAYS they want AN resident of the state then perhaps it's time to become a resident BEFORE you apply for a position that way they do not TURN YOU DOWN because you do not meet ALL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Sorry...........the GF is about to graduate and applied for a few jobs with the state that she did not meet the MQ's based solely on the fact she does not want to be a resident?~!~? because that would mean she would have to go to the DMV?~ or something?)

suhfdaksufdhasfdkh

She found like 50 jobs for me in places she would like to live, and complains daily about how many oppertunities there are for someone in my field yet has no intrest in getting into the field. She'd rather COMPETE against god knows how many people than enter my field.
Fenixp: Or ... You know ... An artist who probably has money / sufficient income from other sources and thus doesn't quite care about income from what he's doing.
F4LL0UT: In my experience (and I have some in this field) these indie amateurs look around places where you can find unestablished artists including a lot of teenagers without any business experience and who don't give a lot of thought to whether they are being exploited. They are often so thrilled by the first guy asking for permission to use their music that they don't even really understand what they are agreeing to, that their work will be used to generate income without giving them a piece of the pie.

But well, developers who actually try so hard to get music for free (and are ethically okay with exploiting others), rather than finding a good partner, usually aren't worth dealing with in the first place. 99% of them will create one absolutely crappy game and then quit this kind of career when they notice that just releasing a game won't make you a millionaire. So I don't care. What actually makes me angry is that this guy quite definitely managed to screw some talented kid over.

And no, I'm not a greedy bastard. I provide a huge library of pieces for free for non-commercial use. It's just that as an artist you have to know the difference between being nice and allowing others to exploit you.
tinyE: It's a little bit of a spin but every once in a while someone will take a picture of our inn (without telling us which is fine) post it on their web page (without telling us which is fine) and then send us a FUCKING BILL FOR ADVERTISING (which is not so fine!). Whenever we've refused to pay they threaten to sue at which point we tell them to eat the peanuts out of our shit and we never hear from them again. :D
F4LL0UT: Wow, man, that sucks. Well, good that you guys always stand your ground by offering them to eat shitnuts.
Thanks but the whole thing is kind of funny because what they are doing isn't legal so they have nothing to work with. I feel bad for you though because you can't go after that guy just because he's an asshole. As for being greedy, anyone who would accuse you of that for charging for your music seriously needs to get their head out of their ass, and I'm not saying that to suck up; I'm very pissy around people who don't consider creative output a viable commodity.
tinyE: Thanks but the whole thing is kind of funny because what they are doing isn't legal so they have nothing to work with.
Well, actually I can imagine that what they do is enough for you to sue them. But well, just telling them to fuck off is probably better than starting a legal battle.

tinyE: I feel bad for you though because you can't go after that guy just because he's an asshole.
Yeah, well, whatever. Scenarios like this are always a little disappointing and annoying at first but heck, if I actually really cared about every single asshole out there on the web I'd have hung myself by now.
Kitchen PC is dead, I think. Rebooted for an AVG update and it won't POST. Ran great before that, ever since I wiped Vista and reinstalled from scratch about two months ago. Why did I wipe Vista? Similar problems that were being an intermittent PITA from a troubleshooting standpoint. This time, I think we're back to the original hardware problem. I'm guessing mobo and / or CPU since the PSU is a quality unit about a year old and I've unplugged virtually everything to get it to POST; sucker won't even let me into the BIOS so I know it isn't the OS.

Ah well. Decision time: mobo and CPU combo, or new PC? The lazy side says new PC, the cheap-ass side says get the parts. Guess I'll be hitting up Newegg to see what's out there, that will fit into this Gateway case. Looks like a fairly standard enclosure. And hey, I still have the backup from the wipe-and-reinstallation process.
Well, it started working again. I'm thinking it may be something simpler: I removed an SD card from the reader, and then dug around in the BIOS to force it to display the POST process and also to perform the full-test POST. Now it boots like a champ. Go figure.
I was just giving a tour of the inn and one of the people went and used one of the suite bathrooms! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH SOME PEOPLE!? :O