It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: I was just giving a tour of the inn and one of the people went and used one of the suite bathrooms! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH SOME PEOPLE!? :O
He thought it was the Friendly Arm Inn! :-)
Why is "not wanting to be alone" a feeling that is socially accepted but "wanting to be alone" is something society as a whole has to fight to death? I'm honest: I care for myself more than I care for other people. Does this make me an asshole? Maybe... I'm fine with this (I guess).

I have a few days off due to this Easter stuff. So my first reaction was to think "Yey, gaming nonstop!". But no this is not what has been planned for me. The first free hours opened up with an argument with my girl friend about inviting my parents over. I explained to her that I just lack the social skills to assess whether it may be necessary to invite them. She went like "If you don't want to, neither do I!". That left me with a feeling of having hurt the feelings of my parents equally to hers. Great...

Now it took me like ~30 hours to muster the courage to just go on with my orignal plan and fire up BG2. I can't really focus on the game though as I'm feeling like a slacker for not "functioning" like expected. It doesn't help that she taunts me for "playing games" when she does the house work. It's not that I do nothing around here. I do my few minor tasks apart from serving as our main source of income (did I mention that I usually work around 10-12 hours a day?). It's just that I wish I could have a few days of sacrificing socially accepted norms to just enjoy life a little with games and movies and stuff. But no she has to call me "lazy". I don't feel lazy. This really hurts.
tinyE: I was just giving a tour of the inn and one of the people went and used one of the suite bathrooms! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH SOME PEOPLE!? :O
jepsen1977: He thought it was the Friendly Arm Inn! :-)
Credit for BG reference. The Friendly Arm is the best Inn that will ever be ;).
Post edited March 30, 2013 by itti
itti: Why is "not wanting to be alone" a feeling that is socially accepted but "wanting to be alone" is something society as a whole has to fight to death? I'm honest: I care for myself more than I care for other people. Does this make me an asshole? Maybe... I'm fine with this (I guess).

I have a few days off due to this Easter stuff. So my first reaction was to think "Yey, gaming nonstop!". But no this is not what has been planned for me. The first free hours opened up with an argument with my girl friend about inviting my parents over. I explained to her that I just lack the social skills to assess whether it may be necessary to invite them. She went like "If you don't want to, neither do I!". That left me with a feeling of having hurt the feelings of my parents equally to hers. Great...

Now it took me like ~30 hours to muster the courage to just go on with my orignal plan and fire up BG2. I can't really focus on the game though as I'm feeling like a slacker for not "functioning" like expected. It doesn't help that she taunts me for "playing games" when she does the house work. It's not that I do nothing around here. I do my few minor tasks apart from serving as our main source of income (did I mention that I usually work around 10-12 hours a day?). It's just that I wish I could have a few days of sacrificing socially accepted norms to just enjoy life a little with games and movies and stuff. But no she has to call me "lazy". I don't feel lazy. This really hurts.
I love myself, and I don't generally like other people. Look up the criteria for "schizoid" and I've been hitting them every single day for the past forty years of my life. This has, at various times, caused my gf to call me "lazy" or "uninvolved", all that fun stuff. It's a tough balancing act, because I need my "me" time to recharge from the times I absolutely can't avoid any kind of social interaction. In fact, I'd much rather be alone than have to deal with other people on a general basis. I can be happy not uttering a word for days, and really hate being forced into socializing.
itti: Why is "not wanting to be alone" a feeling that is socially accepted but "wanting to be alone" is something society as a whole has to fight to death? I'm honest: I care for myself more than I care for other people. Does this make me an asshole? Maybe... I'm fine with this (I guess).

jepsen1977:
itti:
Now I'm really pissed, and it's your girlfriends fault! What the hell is "norm" and "expected"!? I am painfully alone and I moan about it all the time in here, and as much as I would love someone to share my life with, even I have my limitations. If I'm with a girl and she tells me I need to start acting normal she better be refering to BREATHING. And what the hell does "socially accepted" mean!? In certain parts of the world beating and raping your girlfriend/wife is considered socially accepted!

Next time you see her and she tells you to start acting normal and socially acceptable tell her to normally and socially acceptably kiss your ass!

AND YOU ARE NOT LAZY! My uncle hasn't worked 12 hours in 78 goddamn years, HE'S LAZY! Tell her to hang around with that gelatenous piece of shit for ten mintues and she'll see how lazy you are!
Why there is always diffrent key bindings for quick save/load? This should be standardized!
makr3la: Why there is always diffrent key bindings for quick save/load? This should be standardized!
I like f5 for save and f8 or load...what about you? :D
F5 save, F9 load
tinyE: F5 save, F9 load
B-b-b-b-ut why?!? Why put the load button on a whole 'nother key group?!? 0.o
makr3la: Why there is always diffrent key bindings for quick save/load? This should be standardized!
GameRager: I like f5 for save and f8 or load...what about you? :D
F5 for save and F9 for load. Now I play Undying with F6/F7 as default - it's to close to each other!

/e: Typo :-)
Post edited March 30, 2013 by makr3la
tinyE: F5 save, F9 load
GameRager: B-b-b-b-ut why?!? Why put the load button on a whole 'nother key group?!? 0.o
It puts each one at the beginning of a group. Aim for F8 and you are likely to hit F7.
tinyE: It puts each one at the beginning of a group. Aim for F8 and you are likely to hit F7.
I seem to have the opposite effect.....if it's on f9 I go for f8 instinctively.
tinyE: It puts each one at the beginning of a group. Aim for F8 and you are likely to hit F7.
GameRager: I seem to have the opposite effect.....if it's on f9 I go for f8 instinctively.
Super glue the F8 key to keep it from depressing. That should work.
makr3la: F5 for save and F9 for load.
You two are madmen...MADMEN I tell ya! 0.o
makr3la: F5 for save and F9 for load.
GameRager: You two are madmen...MADMEN I tell ya! 0.o
Your point?

Gotta go finish a Trine hickup. Be back a bit later.
tinyE: Your point?

Gotta go finish a Trine hickup. Be back a bit later.
Chatting on the internet is like candy...it's doesn't have to have a point. ;)