It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Up to 75% off the best Star Wars™ experiences this galaxy has to offer.

Lightsabers, massive dogfights, cheery homicidal droids - it's a galaxy full of surprises!
Same as our <span class="bold">Star Wars&trade; Sale</span>, which brings along all the thrills and epic adventures native to this beloved universe.

It doesn't take a hardcore RPG fan or even a Star Wars fan to get hopelessly hooked on Knights Of the Old Republic. The intuitive real-time-with-queue combat will always keep you on your toes, but it's really the meaningful character interactions and addictive world exploration that made it into a timeless classic. And that's even before that masterful story twist hits. The fact that the sequel almost managed to surpass its storytelling prowess, is nothing sort of Jedi sorcery.

We've all fantasized about fighting as either a sharpshooting stormtrooper, a backflipping Jedi, or a proud TIE-Fighter pilot, but getting to be all of them at once? That's just on a whole other level of epicness. Or on the levels of Battlefront II, which put you right in the middle of the most iconic battlefields you remember from both the original trilogy and the prequels.

Grab tight onto something and jump into hyperspace with Star Wars™ Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy, X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter, Republic Commando, and many more!

The <span class="bold">Star Wars&trade; Sale</span> will last until May 12, 10:00 AM UTC.
I'm on the fence on this deal. As much as I'd love getting all these games DRM free, Steam has the same deal going on, and because I own some Star Wars games on Steam, buying the same deal is significantly cheaper there (93% discount on Steam vs 68% here for the stuff I don't own on Steam, plus the one I've bought on GOG). And seeing as Disney is likely not going to let us transfer them to GOG with Connect, I'm torn on where I should buy this stuff from. Does anyone know if there's significant problems on the Steam versions of any of these games that GOG fixed? I think I've heard some of the games on Steam have performance issues that are nonexistent on GOG, but I thought I'd ask to be sure.
SWM753: +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

Or at least the first one.
tinyE: I am a
SW freak but it sounds like you know the Force Unleashed games better than I might. For me a bad Star Wars game is still a great game, but I have heard those are pretty awful ports. I'd love to find out that I heard wrong.
I played the first on PS2 (which apparently has some differences) since I didn't have an XBox 360 or PC at the time. I loved the story and gameplay of the first one and prefered the combos, the bosses, and the boss finishers. The second had an good story but had some frustrating combos, and a good portion of finishers were unimaginatively crushing things to make them explode (partially becuase there were many non-boss enemies you could do finishers on).
Gameslinger: Does anyone know if there's significant problems on the Steam versions of any of these games that GOG fixed?
For example KoTOR games on Steam are messed up, and don't allow patching (for widescreen resolution). GOG ones don't have this issue. In general I'd say, don't use Steam.
Post edited May 03, 2017 by shmerl
Thanks for the stellar sale.
Funny how all the S.W. games I bought have an explosion in the game art.
The image for the headlines also have an explosion, below Vader's head.
Very Michael Bay. xD
HunchBluntley: Like dudalb said, a joystick is recommended for these. Hell, I'd recommend a mouse & keyboard (what I used to play TIE Fighter as a kid) over a gamepad; there are so many controls, you'd have to use the keyboard along with the gamepad anyway, and that would be awkward as hell.
dudalb: I use Joystick and Keyboard in place of Mouse and Keyboard for the X Wing series games. I could not see using a joy sitck, no matter how many buttons I might have, alone. ANd I would not even try it with a controller alone.
Well, yeah, I meant joystick + keyboard. I though that was understood, sorry. I can't think of too many games that I would try to play with literally just a joystick for input -- maybe a scrolling 2D shooter? I didn't really play those sorts of games back in the day, and the only joystick I ever had was some cheap piece of shit I got from my parents as a present. :P
Aww... Shame I was hoping to pick up the LEGO star wars and all that jazz Bugger... Today is good I just got a New Router and I have changed internet companies I am no longer suffering a shitty connection that drops out all the time sometimes it dropped out for DAYS at a time with the new guys I get I get Download = 4.5 Mbps or 568 kB/s and Upload = 795 kbps or 99 kB/s and I've only had 1 drop out so far and today the weather is terrible

with optus (singtel) I only got 1.8 Mbps on GOOD DAYS! so I am far happier but still in physical pain!
amrit9037: Original post was "Everything Star Wars -77%". I know because I posted it on reddit.
I guess it was some miscommunication so discount was removed .
Still a dick move by GOG and Disney.
Not really. GOG messed up with the pricing initially (which they do with annoying frequency), and that IS their fault, but almost no retailer that's just noticed a pricing error in a week-and-a-half-long promo they've just launched is going to just shrug and smile, and say, "Oh, well, I guess we'll just have to eat the loss." Especially since they're not buying physical goods upfront from a distributor to resell to consumers (in which case the prices they set would be their business), but instead are partnering with publishers to sell goods whose revenues they then have to split with said publishers (who DO have to sign off on both the regular and sale prices).

It would be a dick move if GOG removed the cheaper-than-they-should've-been purchases from customers' accounts (with or without compensation), or otherwise penalized those who availed themselves of the erroneous discounts, but I'm not aware of them (or really any other store) ever attempting anything like that.
Post edited May 03, 2017 by HunchBluntley
The 3 Star Wars games that I don't actually own already were at decent prices yesterday but I wasn't able to grab them at the time. I planned to get them before the end of the sale as they were $1.89, $3.09, and $3.09 respectively, but my browser just reloaded the page from yesterday on startup and the prices of those games now magically have changed upwards in price and have different discounts.

What surprised me is that it is literally only the 3 games that I do not already own which I wanted to buy, and one other game I do own on Steam that went up in price, while all of the other games remained the same price with a 77% discount. The page from yesterday says "77% discount" at the top and today it says "up to 77% discount". I took screenshots of before and after to prove it in case that became necessary also.

So summarizing, I visit the sale, see 3 games I want and visit their store pages, they're wishlisted. The next day when I return to look at them only the games I actually was considering buying are suddenly no longer on sale for as good a deal as they were the day before. Is it pure coincidence? Is it tracking cookies determining intent and then doing bait and switch after a day if you didn't buy in right away? Hard to say, but at the end of the day it matters not to me the reason why the prices changed. The prices started out at or below my "Yeah I don't really need that game but I can't pass it up for that price because STAR WARS!" price, and now have moved to the "That price for a 20+ year old game I'll most likely not play for years if ever?" price tier for me.

As such, I'll have to pass on buying anything this time around because the sale does not have the droids I am looking for, plus there is quite a good chance based on past history that there will be yet another future Star Wars Humble Bundle in the future that will probably include all of these 3 games (Rogue Squadron, Shadow of the Empire, Rebel Assault 1&2) for what amounts to $1 each or so.

Good deals abound for those that don't really need a given game or games and are PatientGamers(TM). Sadly, they probably wont end up being GOG.com keys if history is an indicator.

If this was a genuine initial pricing screwup, that's unfortunate but alas Luke Skywalker's mastery of the force is not great enough to lift my wallet out of my pocket at the current prices. :)
Gameslinger: I'm on the fence on this deal. As much as I'd love getting all these games DRM free, Steam has the same deal going on, and because I own some Star Wars games on Steam, buying the same deal is significantly cheaper there (93% discount on Steam vs 68% here for the stuff I don't own on Steam, plus the one I've bought on GOG). And seeing as Disney is likely not going to let us transfer them to GOG with Connect, I'm torn on where I should buy this stuff from. Does anyone know if there's significant problems on the Steam versions of any of these games that GOG fixed? I think I've heard some of the games on Steam have performance issues that are nonexistent on GOG, but I thought I'd ask to be sure.
Thanks, I just checked Steam and two of the games I want are cheaper there by about a dollar or so, and one is more expensive by a dollar, but it all averages out to roughly the same price for me presently and far above my "I don't need these games" price threshhold. Might be good for someone eager to play one of the old titles that doesn't have it yet though.

I just set up ITAD notifications to be alerted to the next time they're on a sale that cracks the wallet breaking point.

Tarhiel: To be honest, I don´t really get why is it so problematic for them to say yes to releasing existing Linux or Mac versions for GOG customers, especially if they are sold elsewhere, patch notwithstanding (that patch might be problematic because it has Steam achievements in it, they would have to do a new one with/without Galaxy support, correct me if I am wrong) .
Just give GOG those, they will repackage them in to their own installers, and it´s done.

As for creating ports from scratch - that´s a different story...
It sounds like they got another company to do the ports and gave them some exclusive distribution rights in the process. If that's the case then they would not be able to legally break their agreement with that other company and whimsically decide to release the games here on GOG. That is the nature of contractual obligations on these sort of things. Thus the 3 companies would have to get together (GOG, Disney, and Aspyr) to discuss the potential for bringing those games here if Disney and Aspyr now contractually share the rights to the Linux/Mac ports of those games - it no longer becomes up to Disney alone. If the games are sold elsewhere, then one can conclude that such negotiations have already occurred to sell those games in those elsewheres, but such negotiations have not happened here on GOG.com yet. That would be the reason why they're not here.
Post edited May 03, 2017 by skeletonbow
Cavalary: Odd discount though...
Lemon_Curry: Nah, I consider it a rather fitting one:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076759/
WOW! I can't believe I missed that. Since release, when they had that big sale for the complete star wars package for 77% discount, I though it was an interesting number, but it didn't cross my mind that maybe there's something more about it.
YAY! A Star Wars Sale!

... oh, I already own everything.

Can I get a refund so I can buy them all again?
high rated
Asside from the technicall issues everyone is fairly complainning about... where are the rest of the games?

Last year the only title GOG launched was Shadows of the Empire IIRC.

Where is FORCE COMMANDER?

Where is STAR WARS RACER?

Where is THE PHANTOM MENACE?

Where is the original BATTLEFRONT from Pandemic?
Post edited May 03, 2017 by ReaverT
devjock: at the risk of sounding like a broken record: No Episode 1 Racer, no deal.. I know why it's not here, but still, I'm making my voice heard..

Let me just add a tiny bit; I'll buy any game with the name Star Wars in it in one go, as soon as you guys can deliver Star Wars Racer.. I need my podracing fix before I can get into my tie-fighter dogfights..

Is that canon?
Wait a day or two, and maybe you will get a surprise ;)
Padrone: I've been waiting for SW Episode I Racer for 10 years. Do not let me wait yet. My PC can't run the old cd version.
Of course it can:
1.) install the games use compatibilty mode or whatever, if needed. The 32-bit installer shoudl work on 64-bit Windows system without problems

2.) download dgVoodoo 2 (the latest version)

3.) open the .zip file and extract dgVoodooSetup.exe and everything, that resides inside the MS folder to the games main folder (wherever you have installe it)

4.) now try to run the game

5.) for different options use dgVoodooSetup.exe
Post edited May 03, 2017 by op2017si
These sales-that-are-inferior-to-steam*-sales-which-take-place-at-the-same-time get really tiresome. Nevermind if it's thematic, a release or a pre-order, it feels like it's the short end of the stick over here all too often.
Alas, perhaps my perception is skewed. I don't maintain a list.

*or humble
Post edited May 03, 2017 by Ashnak
shmerl: Disney is partly to blame, but Aspyr complicated this mess. They partnered with several quite nasty distributors like Apple store, and they used to have their own store until recently (I think they shut it down now). One of the Aspyr reps told me, that in order to release the game on GOG, they need to put representatives of all partnered distributors together (Apple and Valve at least), and I assume Disney as well.

I suspect it's a hard proposition, when GOG Linux audience is concerned. Most of those simply don't care and think their time is more important than GOG users, and that's why it moves nowhere.
Tarhiel: To be honest, I don´t really get why is it so problematic for them to say yes to releasing existing Linux or Mac versions for GOG customers, especially if they are sold elsewhere, patch notwithstanding (that patch might be problematic because it has Steam achievements in it, they would have to do a new one with/without Galaxy support, correct me if I am wrong) .
Just give GOG those, they will repackage them in to their own installers, and it´s done.

As for creating ports from scratch - that´s a different story...
If I remember correctly, it's got nothing to do with Disney, and I think was a deal with Lucas Arts, before they bought the company.

Steam paid for the Aspyr exclusive versions, the Linux port of KOTOR 1 was done first to promote the Steam Box/OS. Later the windows widescreen version of KOTOR 2, (and TSLRM) was a launch title for the Big Picture modes official release.

The other important difference, is to make KOTOR 2 a workhop game, they broke compatibility with all original mods. At launch, you could only use one mod, and that was the TLSRM, Steam commisioned.
When other mods were adapted, it was found that the one mod thing was literal, you had to remove the TSLRM, to install another. I suspect that's been patched, but I stopped looking after that.

I came to GOG, due to the KOTOR games on Steam, not even running on my new PC, so the versions there are better than they were, but honestly I much prefer 10 years of mods, tbat can do much more than what Aspyr did, without breaking mod compatability.

The Steam/Aspyr versions are exclusive to that platform, and due to that, will never come to GOG.
Thatt's unfortunate for KOTOR 1, as Aspyr only made the Linux port, for that one.
It's a good thing for KOTOR 2, which has no mod compatabilty, and is basically a widescreen mod, with slightly upgraded textures.