It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Up to 75% off the best Star Wars™ experiences this galaxy has to offer.

Lightsabers, massive dogfights, cheery homicidal droids - it's a galaxy full of surprises!
Same as our <span class="bold">Star Wars&trade; Sale</span>, which brings along all the thrills and epic adventures native to this beloved universe.

It doesn't take a hardcore RPG fan or even a Star Wars fan to get hopelessly hooked on Knights Of the Old Republic. The intuitive real-time-with-queue combat will always keep you on your toes, but it's really the meaningful character interactions and addictive world exploration that made it into a timeless classic. And that's even before that masterful story twist hits. The fact that the sequel almost managed to surpass its storytelling prowess, is nothing sort of Jedi sorcery.

We've all fantasized about fighting as either a sharpshooting stormtrooper, a backflipping Jedi, or a proud TIE-Fighter pilot, but getting to be all of them at once? That's just on a whole other level of epicness. Or on the levels of Battlefront II, which put you right in the middle of the most iconic battlefields you remember from both the original trilogy and the prequels.

Grab tight onto something and jump into hyperspace with Star Wars™ Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy, X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter, Republic Commando, and many more!

The <span class="bold">Star Wars&trade; Sale</span> will last until May 12, 10:00 AM UTC.
high rated
So why did the games get more expensive compared to yesterday? The ones for €9.49 I don't own yet jumped from €2.19 to €3.79, Shadow of the Empire from €1.39 to €3.79.

<Game name> <Price yesterday> <Price today> (<Base Price>)

STAR WARS™: X-Wing Special Edition 2.19 3.79 (9.49)
STAR WARS™: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter 2.19 3.79 3.79 (9.49)
STAR WARS™: X-Wing Alliance™ 2.19 3.79 (9.49)
Star Wars™: Rebel Assault 1 + 2 2.19 3.79 (9.49)
STAR WARS™ Shadows of the Empire™ 1.39 3.79 (5.69)
STAR WARS™: Rogue Squadron 3D 2.19 3.79 (9.49)
STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II 2.19 2.19 (9.49)
STAR WARS™: TIE Fighter Special Edition 2.19 3.79 (9.49)
STAR WARS™ Empire at War: Gold Pack 4.39 4.39 (18.89)
STAR WARS™ Galactic Battlegrounds Saga 1.39 2.29 (5.69)
STAR WARS™: Knights of the Old Republic 2.19 2.19 (9.49)
STAR WARS™ Knights of the Old Republic™ II: The Sith Lords™ 2.19 2.19 (9.49)
STAR WARS™ Rebellion 1.39 2.29 (5.69)
STAR WARS™ Republic Commando 2.19 2.19 (9.49)
STAR WARS™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II 1.39 1.39 (5.69)
Star Wars™: Jedi Knight™ - Jedi Academy™ 2.19 2.19 (9.49)
Star Wars™: Jedi Knight™ II - Jedi Outcast™ 2.19 2.19 (9.49)
STAR WARS™ Starfighter™ 1.39 1.39 (5.69)
Post edited May 03, 2017 by The-Business
First I saw the discount for all games at 75% and I was willing to bite. But now the discount for X-Wing and co are at 60%. So, no money from me.
Chandoraa: O.K., now we're talking. Was this really that excruciatingly hard to do, GOG and Disney? Really? Was it? *clears wishlist*.
Oh, of course, it was too good to be true, wasn't it? Seems like insta-buyers are your clients of choice these days. Take a day to consider it carefully and you might as well get hit by an "oopsie, we definitely didn't intend for a sale that was any better than the ones you've seen a dozen times already". So we're back to the "up to" crap, huh? Well, up yours. *clears wishlist anyway... without buying anything*. I guess I didn't really need all those games. Now, if only torrenting overpriced games wasn't, oh, so morally reprehensible!

tinyE: These guys covered the ENTIRE ALBUM!
Here are the 1st two tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYD3QtyEGGM
This is awesome, though.
At least for me the following games shows the 76-77% discount:

STAR WARS™: Knights of the Old Republic
STAR WARS™ Knights of the Old Republic™ II: The Sith Lords™
STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II
STAR WARS™ Empire at War: Gold Pack
STAR WARS™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II (-76%)
Star Wars™: Jedi Knight™ II - Jedi Outcast™
Star Wars™: Jedi Knight™ - Jedi Academy™
STAR WARS™ Republic Commando
STAR WARS™ Starfighter™ (-76%)
seaspanky: I have every game in this promotion but five.
STAR WARS™: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter
STAR WARS™ Galactic Battlegrounds Saga
Star Wars™: Rebel Assault 1 + 2
STAR WARS™ Rebellion
STAR WARS™ Shadows of the Empire™

I see a very specific message on the top left of the page above the the games "77 % off your selection". As soon as I check the box to select all, as I would like to do today, suddenly the message changes to to "55 % off your selection". Why in the world would I purchase this now? It feels like bait and switch and angers me as a consumer. 1-2 years ago you could come to GOG and not have this kind of mess happening on a regular basis. Now we have comparably weak promotions, the old interesting Insomnia or other unique promotions are long gone. We also have what seems to amount to bait and switch promotions. Where the creators are either so inept that they continue to make the same familiar mistake that is always resolved in the same fashion, or their intent is nefarious and they are benefiting at our expense.

I then go to Steam to see what special Star Wars Day promotion they have running. I am missing five games from their Star Wars Collection.

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/2319/Star_Wars_Complete_Collection/

STAR WARS™: The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes™
LEGO® Star Wars™ - The Complete Saga
LEGO® Star Wars™ III - The Clone Wars™
STAR WARS™: Rogue Squadron 3D
STAR WARS™: Rebel Assault I + II

The LEGO games are listed as 75% off from the start, the other two games are 60% off. But to complete the bundle? The discount suddenly drops to five games at -93% $5.29. On GOG, the five games are at -55% $16.75. The discount actually decreases as I buy more. My decision is obvious. It is too bad. I would MUCH rather spend my money on GOG...
The games aren't bundled on GOG, so you don't get an extra discount for buying the lot. Your GOG discount is 1 - ([sum of current price of selected games] / [sum of selected games at full price]), so your total discount decreased because you added games with a lower discount, not because the games got more expensive.
I recently started my first play thru of KOTOR 1, even tho I adore mods and use them heavily in other games I opted for the vanilla experience and I was surprised at how well it does with only limited glitches like grass cutting off leg graphics. I eventually loaded a mod to deal with that but I am now in a place without grass so cant say if it worked yet lol. just my two cents for those who are thinking of running thru the game and are on the fence about mods
Wait.. did the percentages change?
I definitely remember the games being 77% off..
mintee: I recently started my first play thru of KOTOR 1, even tho I adore mods and use them heavily in other games I opted for the vanilla experience and I was surprised at how well it does with only limited glitches like grass cutting off leg graphics. I eventually loaded a mod to deal with that but I am now in a place without grass so cant say if it worked yet lol. just my two cents for those who are thinking of running thru the game and are on the fence about mods
For the first game I would use MODS to fix bugs but DEFINITELY not for content or major changes in aesthetics. Fixing the grass bug is nice but I don't think you want to go actually changing the overall look of areas, characters, ships, etc.

This will change when you get to KOTOR 2, but we'll discuss that later.
Smannesman: Wait.. did the percentages change?
Nothing has changed.
Yes, yesterday all SW games were 77% off. Today they changed it to "up to 77% off" and many SW games are now only 60% off. Looks like one of GOG's typical errors...
Still no 'connect' offer for SW?

I would get missing few games, if I had them on gog instead of steam...(Rebel Assault 1 & 2) this way I am waiting for them to appear on steam.
MaxFulvus: Nothing has changed.
Of course it did. Yesterday all the games would coust me about 20 EUR, today it shows 52,81 EUR.
Velid: Still no 'connect' offer for SW?

I would get missing few games, if I had them on gog instead of steam...(Rebel Assault 1 & 2) this way I am waiting for them to appear on steam.
Sincerely I don't see the point of not buying them on gog, it's not like they have achievements or potentially steamworks-related multiplayer.
Great news... and hope it's an indicator of something "new" (so to speak) coming to GoG.

There are still a number of Star Wars games which aren't on GoG or Steam, but which I think should be.

Let's see...

1) the FIRST "Star Wars Battlefront" game. (Yeah, they have BF2, but the first game was good, too.)

2) "Shadows of the Empire" (1st and 3rd person, shooter/flyer; a lot of fun!)

3) Battle For Naboo (basically Rogue Squadron 3D II, set in the prequel era)

4) Racer (1st person podracing... used to work WONDEFULLY with my 3D shutter glasses!)

5) Force Commander (I know I'm unusual in this, but it's my favorite Star Wars strategy game... playing from the Imperial side of things)

6) YODA STORIES... a silly little thing, but a fun way to waste time. Only a minor tweak or two allow it to run on a modern system (I've done it). Basically, a "grid-based rogue-like" with a Star Wars theme.

And, just to be a completist...

7) Behind the Magic - a Database with lots of photos, videos, etc... the first place I ever saw the "deleted Tatooine scenes" including Luke at Anchorhead, talking with the soon-to-rebel Biggs Darklighter)

BtM is the one which would likely be the hardest to make work on a modern system... I run my copy in a virtual machine, because I've never figured out how to get it to run on a modern system. The CONTENT is all there, easily accessible, but the "presentation engine" used some obsolete software (much like the Trek reference stuff which all used Quicktime 2.0 and won't run without it... meaning "wont' run on a modern system")
Crosmando: This reminds me that Jedi Outcast got it's source code released not so long ago. Anyone know if anything became of that?
While the source was released, it was quickly yanked, and was never released again.

But, this being the internet, once something is released it can't really be "unreleased". The original Source Code releases can be downloaded from various uploaders on archive.org(both Outcast and Academy, just search) and the community picked up on the code and ran with it.

They've created OpenJK.

https://github.com/JACoders/OpenJK
https://github.com/JACoders/OpenJK/wiki/Installing-OpenJK
https://builds.openjk.org/
Post edited May 03, 2017 by WhoKnowscs