It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Warcraft: Orcs and Humans & Warcraft 2 Battle.net Edition are now available DRM-free.

In anticipation of the upcoming 25th anniversary of Warcraft, we brought you the real-time strategy classics that started it all, Warcraft: Orcs and Humans and Warcraft II Battle.net Edition, including both the original Tides of Darkness and the Beyond the Dark Portal expansion. Starting today, you can once again explore these universe-defining games as they become available digitally and DRM-free for the first time ever!

The first part of the legendary series plays and feels just like the original from 1994, it’s just updated to run flawlessly on modern operating systems. Warcraft II Battle.net Edition, similarly to the release of first Diablo on GOG.COM, comes in two versions, which you can choose from the launcher. The classic one allows for the authentic experience and a fully functional multiplayer with Blizzard’s Battle.net online gaming service. The updated version comes with a number of fixes to provide full compatibility with modern machines as well as hi-resolution support and upscaling.
First I thought that these are both instabuys, but then nope, no linux support, and no release discounts either. Hopefully that Linux support comes later...
warps: Glad to finally have it available anywhere in a digital copy! Even better that it's on GOG!

Any chance for a Mac release in the near future?

EDIT: I noticed the first Warcraft does have an OS X version. Awesome! I'll buy the bundle and hope Warcarft 2 follows soon :)
They'd have to actually make a modern Mac version of Warcraft 2, or use WINE. Warcraft 1 is just using DOSBox, I assume. Which is unfortunate, really, since the 68K Mac version of Warcraft 1 was much better looking, given it ran at 640 x 480 instead of 320x200. Although looking at some screenshots now, it kinda looks like at least some of it is just upscaled with a filter. Still, the DOS version is second-rate, and it's too bad they couldn't have put some effort into a better release.
kaiguy817: Thanks gog and blizzard! Hoping for diablo 2 please
you can still buy D2 on battlenet so i doubt it will be on here any time soon.
Is it only me, or this enhanced edition of Warcraft II is running somehow jerky? I'm experiencing some weird "jumps" of cursor and sudden drops of FPS. I've got no issues at all with "classic" version.
To all who are asking for StarCraft: The free version that you can get from Blizzard actually is DRM-free. At least it started without the Battle.net-launcher last time I checked.
Sorry, double post due to forum bug.
Post edited March 29, 2019 by Gylfe
Excellent, and thanks! I think 2019 will be one of the best gaming year in GOG's history.

A lot of indies, Diablo 1, now Warcraft 1 and 2, and later we'll get Mutant Year One and Iron Harvest, perhaps Lost Vikings series and Diablo 2, perhaps CyberPunk 2077 this year, and even more than I can think straight about right now...

Now, all I'm asking for is the source code for Warcraft 1 so that we can start making ports and add support for mouse-dragging. Thank you in advance!
Noishkel: Neat... but I'm still hoping for StarCraft. :3
overread: Starcraft original and HD (one package) is on the Blizzard store - works fantastic and they are still updating it through there so I doubt we will see it here.
Oh I kinda figured as such, but I can still hope that they'll do so anyway. Because buying anything through Blizzards garage game store is a [i][/i]hard no.
Late to the party, Still going to buy!!!!
Nice, finally a chance to get Warcraft 1 legally
Now give us Diablo 2 And LoD and I can die happy.
Matewis: Philistine! ;)
buschap: Pretty sure they were making a joke about "wait it's turn" which doesn't make sense in an RTS rather than judging the genre :)
Nah, Breja and myself have a respectful difference of opinion on the genre :) I don't think he likes the base building aspect. Finds it too much of a stretch of the imagination. A valid criticism to be sure, but luckily one that's never bothered me (except a little bit in Company of Heroes)
Instabought

Ill never forget first starting the shareware disc of WC and playing the first three missions for hours until I could get the full game. These are true classics that helped start and advance the RTS genre. This is real Warcraft before it got so cartoony and silly, before WoW, and before the no bad guys idea. I played WoW for years and loved it, but I still wonder how much better it couldve been with the dark tone of the originals.

Thank you, GoG! I cant wait to see what you bring us next. I still have the original disc of nearly every game I ever owned including these classics, but Ill continue to purchase them again for a DRM free, digital, working copy.
high rated
For anyone wondering how/if they run on Linux - Short answer is yes for both games.

I tried to cover some details here: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/forum/topic/3812/post_id=22481
i know many people like these games but i'm not one of them. i'd be interested in a fairly new blizzard game but not these unfortunately. everyone else, have fun!