It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Warcraft: Orcs and Humans & Warcraft 2 Battle.net Edition are now available DRM-free.

In anticipation of the upcoming 25th anniversary of Warcraft, we brought you the real-time strategy classics that started it all, Warcraft: Orcs and Humans and Warcraft II Battle.net Edition, including both the original Tides of Darkness and the Beyond the Dark Portal expansion. Starting today, you can once again explore these universe-defining games as they become available digitally and DRM-free for the first time ever!

The first part of the legendary series plays and feels just like the original from 1994, it’s just updated to run flawlessly on modern operating systems. Warcraft II Battle.net Edition, similarly to the release of first Diablo on GOG.COM, comes in two versions, which you can choose from the launcher. The classic one allows for the authentic experience and a fully functional multiplayer with Blizzard’s Battle.net online gaming service. The updated version comes with a number of fixes to provide full compatibility with modern machines as well as hi-resolution support and upscaling.
Gylfe: Instabuy!

Thank you, GoG! I hope to see WC3 and its expansions. These games are absolute classics and Ill never forget first starting the WC shareware disc and playing the first three missions for hundreds of hours until I could get the full game. This is real Warcraft before WoW, before it got so cartoony and silly, before the no bad guys angle.

Not to mention classic RTS and some of the original games to really kick start and advance the genre.

I cant wait to see what GoG brings us next!
If you cant wait for Warcraft 3 on GoG, Blizzard's game launcher Battlenet has it! Just want to let you know!
high rated
Instabought, no hesitations. GOG and Blizzard both need to know this release, along with the Diablo release, are VERY GOOD IDEAS. I for one, want more Blizzard games here.

/gets off soapbox gingerly, respectfully waving to fellow old school Blizzard fans
Loger13: We need more g̶o̶l̶d̶ games!
1. D2+LoD
2. SC1
3. WC3
And ofc. (may be as free bonus just like Arena + Daggerfall in Betesda's case): The Lost Vikings + Blackthorne + Rock N' Roll Racing
aRealCyborg: starcraft is free on battle.net
But not actually DRM-Free. And the setup collects info and sends it to Blizzard's servers. I don't like spying.
I'm ready to pay for proper DRM-Free version here, even if it is the free game.
hard to believe it has been 25 years, THANK YOU GOG for yet another nostalgia trip of wonderful gaming memories
Ah, Still remember the music for Warcraft II
wishlisted for now
i think il actually buy the bundle later
Post edited March 29, 2019 by Lodium
kaiguy817: Thanks gog and blizzard! Hoping for diablo 2 please
seaperson: you can still buy D2 on battlenet so i doubt it will be on here any time soon.
I definitely own it on battlenet but am hoping it will come here as well :D
Spektro1791: Blackthorne is already available from Blizzard for free

Download it here:

http://dist.blizzard.com/downloads/blackthorne/5e1a0ce1d84e3ee3005dd26181e14a2f/BlackthorneSetup.exe
Panaias: Thanks for the link. Do you know if this will run on modern PCs (e.g. windows 10) out of the box or does it need DosBox tinkering?
Works just fine on Windows 10, I tested it today. Not as elegant as these GOG releases, but it gets the job done.
As soon as this saw this in in my Email I added it to the cart and FINALY got Daiblo as well. I can't wait to get back into WC and WC2
low rated
I have the original games somewhere.

Happy for the release, but I don't think I will buy these.

* They price is too steep for such old games.
* Warcraft was good, but never thought was exceptional.
* I've played it enough back in the days, can t think of playing it again.
high rated
For Linux and/or better controls and higher res in Warcraft 1, here the game engine recreations:

Warcraft 1:
https://wargus.github.io/war1gus.html

Warcraft 2:
https://wargus.github.io/index.html
http://wargus.stratagus.com/index.shtml
Post edited March 29, 2019 by Klumpen0815
For nostalgic reasons I got myself both games
Thank you, GOG!

My Warcraft II CD was scratched beyond repair decades ago and god only knows what happened to my Warcraft floppys...
I'm happy to see these released so close on the heels of Diablo. I didn't know how long we'd have to wait for them. Both are now in my Library where they should be. :D

This also sparked me to pre-order Warcraft III: Reforged - Spoils of War Edition from Blizzard, so their plan worked. I'd love to see the original Warcraft III and Frozen Throne Expansion come to GOG.
Warcraft 2 was brilliant fun back in the day. Really stuck it to Games Workshop for denying them the Warhammer license too.

Warcraft was way too outdated even back in the 90s though. It might be of historical interest but I don't see how it's even playable now. The sequel utterly eclipses it.
Edit: Removed duplicate (scroll down).
Post edited March 29, 2019 by StarChan