It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Warcraft: Orcs and Humans & Warcraft 2 Battle.net Edition are now available DRM-free.

In anticipation of the upcoming 25th anniversary of Warcraft, we brought you the real-time strategy classics that started it all, Warcraft: Orcs and Humans and Warcraft II Battle.net Edition, including both the original Tides of Darkness and the Beyond the Dark Portal expansion. Starting today, you can once again explore these universe-defining games as they become available digitally and DRM-free for the first time ever!

The first part of the legendary series plays and feels just like the original from 1994, it’s just updated to run flawlessly on modern operating systems. Warcraft II Battle.net Edition, similarly to the release of first Diablo on GOG.COM, comes in two versions, which you can choose from the launcher. The classic one allows for the authentic experience and a fully functional multiplayer with Blizzard’s Battle.net online gaming service. The updated version comes with a number of fixes to provide full compatibility with modern machines as well as hi-resolution support and upscaling.
My god, what a bump in the catalogue old blizzard games will do!

What's next? Blackthorne and Lost Vikings are inevitable after those last two.
Thanks gog and blizzard! Hoping for diablo 2 please
Fun fact:
if you play the warcraft 2 trailer backwards you see the announcement for warcraft 4.
Is this thread still working?
Yay! Thank you very much GOG! :D
IronArcturus: So if the WarCraft 2 soundtrack isn't available, does that mean GOG's version only uses MIDI?
In my opinion it means that you do not have the soundtrack files in mp3, wav, etc. format to be reproduced in your phone, mp3 players, etc.

But the music in the game is available as it was in the original game.

I think people are complaining about this, not having the soundtrack files to use them in their phones, and so on.

Note: I have not bought the game yet so, this is my assumption, not a fact.
Well this is neat... but I'm still hoping to see StarCraft here as well. |3
ZOG ZOG !!!
Neat... but I'm still hoping for StarCraft. :3
low rated
GOG.com: Warcraft: Orcs and Humans & Warcraft 2 Battle.net Edition are now available DRM-free.

In anticipation of the upcoming 25th anniversary of Warcraft, we brought you the real-time strategy classics that started it all, Warcraft: Orcs and Humans and Warcraft II Battle.net Edition, including both the original Tides of Darkness and the Beyond the Dark Portal expansion. Starting today, you can once again explore these universe-defining games as they become available digitally and DRM-free for the first time ever!

The first part of the legendary series plays and feels just like the original from 1994, it’s just updated to run flawlessly on modern operating systems. Warcraft II Battle.net Edition, similarly to the release of first Diablo on GOG.COM, comes in two versions, which you can choose from the launcher. The classic one allows for the authentic experience and a fully functional multiplayer with Blizzard’s Battle.net online gaming service. The updated version comes with a number of fixes to provide full compatibility with modern machines as well as hi-resolution support and upscaling.
h.e.X.e.n.: Please, STOP adding game without multilanguage support!!! WC2 was Dubbed in Italian(and more languages), where is this multilanguage support in the gog version?

Do you realize that you put us in a position to NOT buy these games and keep the old CD version with multi-language support?
Don't be so entitled, practice your English instead of that Italian gibberish. This is your chance to experience those games as they truely were made.
Thank you so much for this release. This is such a milestone of achievement in terms of classic RTS games released on GOG. And a lot of wishes granted :)

I've already purchased two copies, one for myself and also for my wife. We plan on having a lot of fun with these!
I'll probably pick up warcraft 2 in a few days. Suprised at the low price.
Instant buy!
Noishkel: Well this is neat... but I'm still hoping to see StarCraft here as well. |3
With Starcraft: Remastered on battle.net and the original Starcraft for free on their own client, that's probably not going to happen.
low rated
blotunga: You're a crybaby really. 2 months ago nobody thought it would be possible for Blizzard releasing anything here. And now you bitch about missing fluff. GOG is first and foremost about games. Soundtracks etc are nice fluff, but not nearly as important as the games themselves.
An entire expansion isn't fluff. The original version, isn't fluff. Batllenet Edition music tracks are cut abrupty and loop early and it has some new sounds, as well as some modified ones. GOG used to take care of oldies, in many different ways... It's more than just "fluff"...

First and foremost, it is the: "Offer complete games/versions/packages" policy of old. And second, it is: Original version and extras/goodies. GOG had a slightly different modus operandi, compared against its modern performance, currently...
Post edited March 28, 2019 by KiNgBrAdLeY7