It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Warcraft: Orcs and Humans & Warcraft 2 Battle.net Edition are now available DRM-free.

In anticipation of the upcoming 25th anniversary of Warcraft, we brought you the real-time strategy classics that started it all, Warcraft: Orcs and Humans and Warcraft II Battle.net Edition, including both the original Tides of Darkness and the Beyond the Dark Portal expansion. Starting today, you can once again explore these universe-defining games as they become available digitally and DRM-free for the first time ever!

The first part of the legendary series plays and feels just like the original from 1994, it’s just updated to run flawlessly on modern operating systems. Warcraft II Battle.net Edition, similarly to the release of first Diablo on GOG.COM, comes in two versions, which you can choose from the launcher. The classic one allows for the authentic experience and a fully functional multiplayer with Blizzard’s Battle.net online gaming service. The updated version comes with a number of fixes to provide full compatibility with modern machines as well as hi-resolution support and upscaling.
AlZero: that price tho. yikes!
What's wrong with the price?
tfishell: Do you realize that GOG can't always control this? If they, the dev, or the pubisher can't get the rights, they can't get the rights.
Plokite_Wolf: There'll always be the entitled ones who are too lazy to learn English.
probably not really about laziness but nostalgia - they simply might want to experience the game again the way they did before ;)

but it doesn't change the fact that not adding multiple languages isn't GOG's laziness either...
high rated
mqstout: Does LAN work in Warcraft 2? It's not listed.
It does. We'll correct the description to reflect that, thanks!
Starcraft/Insurrection/Brood War is coming?
What a time to be alive, instant buy. It was always drudgery for me to re-install War2 on modern systems with all the Dos commands you have to keep in mind to get the thing running. But this should be a thing of the past now :)
ChrisGamer300: thx GOG time to buy and please release Dusk today too :)
Diablo II, moddable version, NAO!!! ;p
Panaias: I wonder if this release thread will get more posts than the Diablo release thread :)
Happy for everyone who loves these games, personally not interested.

@GOG & @Blizzard: Can we give Blackthorne a GOG treatment?
Blackthorne is already available from Blizzard for free

Download it here:

http://dist.blizzard.com/downloads/blackthorne/5e1a0ce1d84e3ee3005dd26181e14a2f/BlackthorneSetup.exe
Wrong post\delete, please.
Post edited March 28, 2019 by goldragon
joppo: Let's see. Converting this to my country's currency amounts to... Wait, what? When did I click buy and entered my card data?
Vythonaut: Magic! :)
I wish I could use some spells like "summon gold bars" then. But at least I can practice some spells I haven't cast in a really long time! Summon water elemental and Death & Decay, here I come
Which music is used for Warcraft 2? Is it CD Audio or MIDI?
high rated
Any chance for GOG to include the dos version of Warcraft 2 and the expansions?
jalister: I'm buying both of these today. Now let's get Diablo 2 here.
Diablo 2 probably won't happen because you can buy it from Blizzard at https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/family/diablo-ii
Wow not even a minute after I logged on both games somehow ended up in my libary as if by magic.
Redfoxe: Just gotta say, the blue color in the store now because of the relase is quite soothing.
I wish it was standard :P
I agree. I caught myself hoping it was a permanet change :)
Vythonaut: Magic! :)
joppo: I wish I could use some spells like "summon gold bars" then. But at least I can practice some spells I haven't cast in a really long time! Summon water elemental and Death & Decay, here I come
glittering prizes
repeat
:D