It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Greetings, Hunters!

<span class="bold">Victor Vran</span>, an action filled next step in aRPG design, is available now for Windows and Mac - complete with GOG Galaxy Achievements, DRM-free, and 10% off for the first week!

In a genre that's seen immense highs and extended lows, it seems that we're always waiting for the secret formula for the perfect action RPG. Some say it's all about an overwhelming amount of loot, upgrades and treats galore. Others choose to experiment with new and innovative ways to connect their players, or to give them new types of control over making their character one of a kind. Victor Vran brings its own answers to the table.

It's a game that places movement and action first, truly putting the "action" in the aRPG, eliminating the boundaries of a traditional class system, and opting for freeform gear-based progression. A combat-oriented approach doesn't mean that Victor Vran is lacking in the other departments either - there's plenty of loot to collect and increasingly awesome weapons to find (including what looks an awful lot like a lightsaber) as well as innovative character progression. All that's there, however, is enhanced by an unprecedented movement system that will have you (and up to 4 of your co-op buddies) leaping, dodging and wallrunning. It's a game where survival is based on so much more than how hard you can hit.

GOG.com Exclusive Bonus
For a little something special, your copy of the game will come with a one-time-use GOG.com-exclusive Treasure Key! Just log in to your GOG.com account, start your single-player game, and redeem it in-game for a fountain of gold and the following drops:

- Med Kit (Legendary) - An endless healing potion.
- Hope Destiny Card (Uncommon) - Provides additional health when equipped. Can be equipped on level 2.
- Diamond Demon Power (Uncommon) - Creates a protective shield. Can be equipped immediately.
- Gift Box - A box that can be opened for random loot.
- Red, Green and Blue dyes - Used to colorize your outfit. Transmutation unlocks at level 16.

Q&A With The Devs
Have questions about the game that only the devs can answer? Join the team behind Victor Vran for a special Q&A session this coming Monday!
Boyan (Lead Designer) and Momchil (Designer) from Haemimont Games will be visiting our forums on Monday (July 27) starting 6pm GMT (8pm CEST / 2pm EST / 11am PST to answer all your questions about the game, the life behind game development, or their favorite type of sandwich. Save the date, stay tuned for the announcement thread, and come hang out with us.

Experience the definition of "a" in aRPG with <span class="bold">Victor Vran</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com! The launch discount will last for one week, until Friday, July 31, at 9:59 AM GMT.
mrkgnao: Reading through the OP and the posts here, I understand that if I:
1) Install the game from the GOG installer as usual
2) Begin a single-player campaign
3) Log in to Haemimont (or GOG) from inside the game to get the DLC content (of course, I will not do this, but let's assume)
4) Uninstall the game without saving anything
5) Reinstall the game from the GOG installer as usual
6) Begin another single-player campaign
7) NOW I CANNOT GET THE DLC CONTENT AGAIN, AS IT IS ONE-TIME-USE ONLY

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Until then, no thank you, GOG. InstaUNwishlisted.
exact
3) Log in to Haemimont (or GOG) from inside the game to get the DLC content (of course, I will not do this, but let's assume)

+1 if your scenario above is correct. At least it wouldn't reach the ridiculousness of some recent game which you can't even install more than several times even if you uninstalled it! (Some weird Steam title). And if you lose in that game it self destructs.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by shmerl
Randoo: *snip*
Coelocanth: *snip*
Thanks for the info, I added a bit to my previous comment to be more clear about it.

Point 7 hasn't been proved or disproved. One time claim, not one time use. Two different things.
So apparently the dlc for this game is a cheat code. I wish GoG would've treated this like the Agarest War series and not offer the dlc cheat codes at all. While it's not DRM on anything important, it just feels wrong to me. I hope GoG can resolve this in a better way.

This does look like a fun game though.

synfresh: Point 7 hasn't been proved or disproved. One time claim, not one time use. Two different things.
The key is a one-time-use deal (and exclusive for you guys) so you do have to be logged in to your GOG.com account to redeem it.

for me this is clear.If you must be logged, and you can use it only once, it is a serial.
it's a drm, like windows license.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by LiefLayer
Coelocanth: I'll grant you the point, but it's disingenuous at best to announce 'exclsuve GOG Treasure Key' and then block access to it behind a DRM wall, even if it's content you'll get later on (this does, of course, assume that all of these items will be guaranteed to drop during normal gameplay). This just puts a bad light on GOG's DRM-free core value.
I agree, they should have named and explained it better. Specifically, they should have made it clear that there's no exclusive content involved. Or just don't add anything, far simpler.
On the other hand, I appreciate the gesture of getting a little boost, folks on steam had the option to get stuff unlocked when buying Early Access, which wasn't available on GOG. So I guess they wanted to give folks on GOG a similar option, they just chose a poor way of implementing that.
synfresh: The only difference is it's not happening at the time of initial download. Tell me how that means it's DRM then?
shmerl: If you backed up the game (initially downloaded from GOG) and GOG goes down - you can't install those add-ons. Same problem as other DRM has. Installation backup should not be split in such awkward way.
All the items you get with the code can be obtained in game, this isn't a sort of one time install DLC with exclusive items. You simply get some items for free as a sort of starter pack.

Everything can be obtained in game without the code (which is why I'm no longer angry at GOG).

IT IS very confusing I admit, I was too until reading further and googling around.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by Ganni1987
j0ekerr: Don't mind me, just having some popcorn here.
CarrionCrow: Pass that over.
Any left?
CarrionCrow: Pass that over.
EndreWhiteMane: Any left?
Hopefully. Otherwise I'm sitting here with a shaker full of chipotle powder for the popcorn for nothing.
shmerl: If you backed up the game (initially downloaded from GOG) and GOG goes down - you can't install those add-ons. Same problem as other DRM has. Installation backup should not be split in such awkward way.
Ganni1987: All the items you get with the code can be obtained in game, this isn't a sort of one time install DLC with exclusive items. You simply get some items for free as a sort of starter pack.

Everything can be obtained in game without the code (which is why I'm no longer angry at GOG).

IT IS very confusing I admit, I was too until reading further and googling around.
this is still a dlc. an unless dlc but a drm dlc...

with this drm dlc any other games can use that system to sell drm games on gog...
Post edited July 24, 2015 by LiefLayer
Ganni1987: All the items you get with the code can be obtained in game, this isn't a sort of one time install DLC with exclusive items. You simply get some items for free as a sort of starter pack.

I agree that functionally it's not limiting items, but just when they are available in-game. It's a cheat add-on essentially and I don't really care about those anyway. But the whole concept of deploying it in such way is still wrong, regardless of what kind of add-on it is. I'd say GOG should just scrape the whole thing if they can't sort out DRM-free distribution of it.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by shmerl
synfresh: Point 7 hasn't been proved or disproved. One time claim, not one time use. Two different things.
LiefLayer: The key is a one-time-use deal (and exclusive for you guys) so you do have to be logged in to your GOG.com account to redeem it.

for me this is clear.If you must be logged, and you can use it only once, it is a serial.
it's a drm, like windows license.
I'll wait until either GoG clarifies or someone does a test to see if this is the case. I find it very hard to believe that GoG of all places is going to allow exclusive content that can only be claimed one time and not on subsequent installs. We don't even know if you need to claim it again once you claim it once (meaning it's part of the game files at that point).
j0ekerr: It is all an elaborate scheme by Haemimont to steal your souls and offer them to the God with 700 armpits.
Would that, by any chance, be the Great Green Arkleseazure, god of the Jatravartids of Viltvoldle VI?
Randoo: so either :
*unlock for your current installation after login ingame (<= my guess)
or
*unlock for your account and unlocked on other installation after login in

either way, that drmed content.

Also as said above, steam version has ingame codes drop. I guess we don't deserve such things. (and we would need to authenticate to activate them :D )
Skysect: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_victor_vran_92633/post65 already mentioned here . and asked devs from thread . If I don't understand wrong those codes working if you playing offline . But why GOG code not ? :S
I guess they don't drop at all in the gog version and are not compatible (I won't even try).
Authentication is there to make sure you don't use them multiple time.
Btw you have to be online on steam for them : (probably no auth because within steam already)
Edit : generated server side, "maybe offline" (?) activation in the steam version (no details enough)

While playing online you can get them via random drops (they are a scroll).
add to the list :
*Key could also be one time "per character", if someone tried already ?
Post edited July 24, 2015 by Randoo